DF too much healing too little defense

I feel like having a flash back of legion, bfa and systemlands…

there are sooo many talents already in the tree that is buffing healing and earth shield.
Which is all dandy and whatnot so we will be able to top ourself with 1 healing surge probably 2 times (yay, useless).
Point is that healing surge is nerfed to the dumpster in pvp already and it will 100% stay in the dumpster as everyone complains about healing of hybrids and enhance always took the short end of the stick.

I want to repeat again what I probably did already for previous expacs:

• nerf healing in pvp situations (fine)
  • make earth shield undispellable and no charges. If all our def is tied to a dispellable shield when we have 0 trash buffs, it would be absolute useless (like now)
  • make astral shift at least usable in stuns if you don’t want to give us shamanistic rage
  • increase our base armor at least :frowning:

if you want our healing to be the defense, then why you nerf it? At least only nerf it if we target someone else.
talents like swelling waves, healing stream totem buff and flame shock healing buff talent will feel terrible.

1 Like

It seems that you are comming from a PvP pov, so things may be very different there. I’m mostly playing PvE but Shamans will be super tanky in DF:

• 15% increased health during Earth Elemental
  • 6% flat damage reduction
  • 3% avoidance and leech
  • 60% (!) damage reduction with Astral Shift - yes, unusable while stunned but still a massive dr, even only the 40% with the shorter CD are big
  • 10% increased health while Ankh is off cd
  • passive 20%-emergency-autoheal
  • up to 20% damage reduction in Ghost Wolf, obviously not always useful but definitely something to keep in mind
  • all sorts of dispels/decurse etc with totems - yes, situational but still an option

Now you may add all the healing/cc options and I’m personally not truely concerned about our survivability. Especially as the middle and right capstones are not too interesting for Elemental/Enhancement you can just pop Ancestral Guidance (which is currently off the GCD) and an occasional Healing Stream to offheal passively.

Only time someone is going to take this, is if they missclick

does this even work in arena ?

you are dead before you can use it, everyone, except shamans have stuns now, you are dead if you cant survive stunlock … thats a thing since literally TBC …

thats the issue, its that early BFA meta where you run around pillars in wolf and do nothing …

I want to say once more that I have limited experience in PvP so things might not apply in the same way there. Either way your title doesn’t specifiy that you are solely refering to it anyway.
Just judging from the character you’re posting on, you have barely any experience with it. Might be an alt or something so nothing personal intended.

Simply not true. Your highest timed key is a +14 in BfA without any noticable raiding progress. So yes, you are right that it is absolutely not necessary and seemingly useless. But neither is any defense so long as you follow the basic mechanics of a given dungeon for that level of content.
Trust me that Shamans are really getting quite a few good things in terms of defense from their class trees for high-end content.

While I may not have played in TBC, I’m sure you can coordinate your AoE stun with the person you’re playing with. Also Lightning Lasso stuns the target. Furthermore you got your PVP Badge for a reason. And like I said, you can knockback ppl while you are stunned, which is also a form of cc. Surely not the strongest but it helped me in my arenas to get out of tough spots more than once.

Can’t agree at any rate with what you’re saying. Other classes will have a much harder time surviving in DF.

yes i am strictly talking pvp.

in pve you often dont need defensives unless you make a mistake or there is some unavoidable smg. but those is all scripted and your addon tell you when you have to use it.

also i wouldnt really say that HP increase is much of a defensive, especially since shamans have one of the lowest base HP anyways.
my earth ele now hives already more than 30% more hp and in DF it is nerfed to 15%.

honestly if it wasnt on the path to earth shield i wouldnt even pick earth ele. most useless talent aber 3% avoidance lol

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.