Dh 3rd spec idea: the reaper

Hi, evoker getting a 3rd spec right now makes dh the losing class. To remedy this, adding a 2nd dps spec to dh but this time a ranged dps would be amazing. I was thinking of the Reaper like in TERA. A semi-ranged dps with 2 blade chains (how is this called?) like in this video https://youtu.be/KvL2pSHSCdk. It would definitely fit the demon hunter playstyle, being highly mobile but this time hunting your ennemies with those chains.

What do you think ?

2 Likes

I think blizzard don’t want anyone to play dh
how come they give the most cringe class in the game 3rd spec?
dh should’ve had 3rd spec with complex rotation in bfa/sl but instead they decided dh progression be like: legion(1 button spec) → bfa (2 button spec)
and in df, talking about pvp, we got 1 billion modifiers to apply before u can even start doing dmg
meanwhile any class press 1 button and it does dmg

2 Likes

3rd Demon hunter spec should be a bit more range oriented, maybe Dreadlord themed or something, and focus on life drain, mind control, maybe a dot or 2, some aoe aura, etc. Keep some meele abilities, but only to generate some Fury kind of like unholy dk only stays in range to apply wounds, and can do the rest from range.

1 Like

I would expect something similar to the Demon Hunter in Diablo 3: dual crossbows, one in each hand, exceptional mobility, traps, etc
PS: and… scarf

2 Likes

I lost my faith in a third spec tbh…I just wish we had more abilities or a better gameplay style at least. While decent as a class on paper, gameplay wise it always feels so boring >.>

Heal spec DH, Healing glaives, Healing beams, etc.

2 Likes

That would be stepping on toes of SV hunters, which I would be okay with if they then reverted it back to ranged.

I remember in legion when people called DH the cringe clas :joy: funny how people love to bash the new class.

Because its obvious

1. evoker was susposed to launch with a 3rd specc given thus was dataminrd during DFs prepatch

2. wanting to experiment with a support role which wouldnt fit DH theme.

Also, lets look at the facts.

Devoker didnt manage to launch with enough positives to balance irs 25 yard range and awkward position of fitting into comps due to it aswell as its design not being very balancable in pvp.

Which led to the class falling low in popularity, tne reason DH prolly didnt get a 3rd specc:

1. class was and still is overwhelmingly popular.

2. DH launch was extremely successful.

So it simply didnt require fixing, ur sitting among evokers big expansion wondering why evokers getting attention.

Just like u guys got to sit being brokenly overpowered in all game modes for 2 years evokers gonna get priority in terms for its opening release too

Eh DH from diablo 3 rly wouldnt fit WoWs DH theme tbh, ur susposed to be fell infused which they most defintly arent in Diablo.

Imho they showed a possible 3rd specc during legions story, with the DH with a scythe which extracts Souls with fel magic.

That would have been a ranged caster, which would very mucu fit its theme, and im suprised it never became a thing realistically.

Yes! @Blizzard where is my 3rd specc? We came to Azeroth before these Drakes?

I’m surprised Blizz is giving the new class a third spec at all. Didn’t they say a few years back (after DH was released) that they’d have preferred to have all classes just have two specs if they could do it all again?

I’ve always envisioned a third DH spec as ranged, loosely based on the original DH hero from WC3.

• Normal attacks would be chucking a glaive at one target. I mean we do that all the time anyway.
  • Base builder is Throw Glaive that bounces as normal (because it’s an iconic and well used skill and now feels real nice to press with the speed-up boost the flight animation got).
  • Base spender is a Felbolt type, changed to a more powerful version when in Metamorphisis.
  • Immolation Aura adds perhaps a dot while it’s up.
  • Eye Beam is a narrow beam which hits mobs in about 8 yard radius on targeted mob.
  • Fel Barrage gets a revamp as something you can chuck in from range similar to Manic Grieftorch.

Almost the whole arsenal from Havoc can be repurposed to fit a ranged dps type with with Glaive Tempest working similar to Hunter Chakrams or simply as is and targetable with a reticle and Blade Dance being a “Chuck lots of blades in.”

True, a bunch of the skills would end up feeling quite similar to each other but with some fun interaction and, gods forbid, maybe a “proc X skill” synergy, I think it would be really entertaining to a wide array of people.

1 Like

I think third spec should be name ld “Chaos” and would be a similar approach to devastation in terms of mobility, 30 to 35 yrds range and a lot of frontal aoe damage / a Fel rush that leaves a trail of Fel fire that simulates ring of fire from mages and adept in AoE combat

Yeah a Dh 3rd spec would be great as a ranged dps with fel / chaos magic. They could add stuff like fel barrage in a ranged version and fel lance and things like that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.