Dh on shadowlands

hi
i heard dh will be bad on shadowlands

is it bad on dmg? like it will be suck against other classes on pvp?
or rotation only will be more complicated?

1 Like

Chill. We are only in alpha, and even during beta and release it will be too early to tell due to pre-borrowed power.

2 Likes

Calm down, there is a saying since legion: The illidari cannot be stopped! Keep that in mind and dont worry about Demon hunter ever being useless class!

5 Likes

Where did you heard that DH will be bad in SL?

1 Like

hopefully dh will not be bad but hopefully it will not still be as op as it was however in SL dh has mortal strike which is pretty big for pvp

1 Like

That was in a stream of the youtuber Final Boss TV who makes SL previews of every class. He said havoc DH is exactly the same as in BFA, except everything is nerfed. You can also check the new and changed talents on wowhead with beta settings activated.

Things like:

• no leech at all without talenting it, not even in meta, and even if talented, it’s less than in BFA
  • no more 100% dodge for 1 sec on blade dance, except in meta
  • meta by eye beam lasts only 6 instead of 8 sec
  • Blur only 20% dmg reduction, not 35%
  • and a few more things…

Though there is also some new stuff for the demon hunters. Overall I still think that they’ve been hit with a big nerf bat.

3 Likes

good theny need nerf

7 Likes

well its not a gamebraking in my opinion. And bladedance was way too op for enough time.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Let’s all remember that balancing takes time, even after release of Shadowlands there may be, and probably will, some tweaks.

The class may be nerfed and rightfuly so, but bad? No. Demon Hunters will not be a bad class. I’m pretty sure DH will still be a top DPS class. Not sure about tanking as I’m not really interested in it atm.

1 Like

After watching Bays video I did have a minor panic at the sheer volume of nerfs. It’s basically the same class but everything is worse.
Then I remembered it’s still early alpha and as long as double jump remains a thing I’m set :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

As the newest class, DHs still need alot of work compared to something thats been around since Vanilla beta. Hopefully we will be more “in line” with other classes when all is said and done.

1 Like

The kids wouldn’t understand if DH wasn’t OP. I doubt it will be nerfed, it will still be uber despite what the doomsayers say.

2 Likes

DH is made for idiots by idiots. Prolly won’t be nerfed any time soon.

5 Likes

No, demon hunters are made for people who like fast paced gameplay combined with good animations, DH is super easy to learn but hard to master as a class, there is more to it than 123 button rotation, high rated pvp dhs/high m+ score dhs is where you can see the difference.

10 Likes

Even if it is nerfed, DH will still be the best choice overall. DH its design makes it OP to begin with. Compare Ench shaman with Havoc DH and you will see what i mean. DH is the easiest class in game, with the most versatile toolkit to its demand. They need to delete skills if they want to make DH the same to other melee specs.

So even with the nerfs, DH will still be top for doing everything in the game. Thorgast is like visions solo content, and DH will be the best melee spec for that, heck maybe overal the best spec. No wonder that 50% of all the classes played in BFA is a DH. If been trying enchantment shaman and i just started to hate my DH, its so freaking OP compared to ench shaman. Its actually hilarious. how bad it is balanced.

DH is just pure broken atm. Blizzard made it really clear to me they cant balanced even PvE.

3 Likes

I don’t think they will be bad, just a deserved nerf.

Every time i do m+/raids i see dh on 1/2 damage. They have insane mobility, single target damage and aoe

1 Like

DH is a class that needs some serious tuning. I mained a DH in 8.1, but I quit. It was just too broken in almost all content. Glad to see some serious nerfs coming to the class.

2 Likes

me 2 broter m2

2 Likes

Shouldn’t they diversify the talents of DH a bit and make Demon blades and Felblade viable too in Shadowlands rather than playing almost the same as BFA I mean come on!

2 Likes

Okay, the Demon Hunters need nerfs, we all got it, but for sake of all good and pure they will be completely unplayable in an open world scenario which is why I chose them in the first place. I wanna be able to fight and solo mobs, not die in an exchange of hits. The burstability is gone, the defensives are nerfed into the ground, the leech barely exists anymore. The only thing that remains is glide and dash and the way this is going, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they nerfed that too by placing double jump and glide on GCD. To hell with these changes and to hell with anyone saying that DHs deserve it. DHs deserve nerf, not a slaughter.

1 Like