DH tuning suggestions

[PvP perspective]

Cycle of Hatred build further tuning
Glaive tempest reducing Eye beam by 1 second, when it has a 18Sec cooldown makes little sense if any. Chaos strike , a spammable ability = 1 sec reduction for beam. No point in taking tempest if it is just for reduction == Can we please get 2sec minimum reduction interaction from Glaive tempest for Eye Beam, but ideally 3 seconds in total dependant on if it is doing damage to a target - thus encouraging setting up around it like Chaos nova - Tempest when Beam is on CD

Theres a lot more fine tuning that can go into this build
What abilities should feel hard hitting?
do we want high consistent damage
Or do we want higher burst
Whichever it is, having this weird place of in-between isn’t fun

Personally i’d rather have 2 build pathways, one for Burst with the hunt as a mobile assassin
and the other, high consistent damage but not as much burst on the profile more Metamorphosis focus

The tier 4 set bonus is counter intuitive to the Cycle of Hatred build / essence break
Not a massive issue, if other pathways and viability is on the table

I love the idea of Any means necessary , increasing mastery, but I don’t like the immolation aura Dependency of it, nor the passive bleed damage on Glaive throw

Restless hunter is now pretty much never taken due to the nerf in PvP from 50% down to 30% iirc

Something to note, my highest damage dealing ability after 6 Rounds in shuffle? Fel lance… post nerf.

Maybe gear will massively change it, weapons enchants etc. I don’t see the tier set doing that much if I’m honest. Outside of one build with the 4set that can be shut down quite easily

Don’t bother. Our developer is most likely hibernating. This class hasn’t seen sunny days since BFA. There was some potential in 9.0, but they managed to ruin it in a matter of 0.2 seconds. Same with this expansion also. This is just the beginning.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.