Dialog audio is being muted when cutscenes start from new story quests

When cutscenes play from the new story quests it appears to mute the voice audio so I no longer hear the characters speaking in cutscenes. Once the cutscene is over all dialog audio is muted when clicking on and interacting with NPC’s.

Settings show dialog still enabled and at 100% volume.

Restarting game fixes this, but triggering another cutscene reintroduced - seems to only happen when cutscene is triggered.

Edit: Not sure if relevant - But all cutscenes from the Stormrider quest chain up to the cutscene triggered from the quest ‘It’s Sabotage’ were effected. Interestingly only half of the cutscene from ‘It’s Sabotage’ was muted, half way through the voices returned from one of Brinthe’s lines onwards.

24 Likes

Same issue here. Whenever a cutscene in the post 80’ campaign starts , the cutscene is void of all dialogue or even sound and all dialogue remains muted after it ends. Clicking npc’s wont play their lines etc until you restart the game and they resume. Cutscene audio still won’t play though.

3 Likes

Yes, can confirm that the voice overs are bugged for the cinematics in the main 80 campaign.

All sound works fine but there are no voice lines and once the cinematic is over, you have to restart the game to get the voice overs to work again. When talking to NPC’s, no voice overs are heard after the cinematics until your restart. Logging in and out again does not work.

For me i couldnt even relog and it fixed itself.
I had to go into the WTF folder and remove “SavedVariables” every time otherwise i get no dialog anymore.

No addons or anything is making this happen, its purely on blizzards side, they forgot something in the code!

Same problem here.

Same problem here. Like the poster above I reloged and it worked again for in the world then did not again for next cutscene.

Yup, same issue. Unbelievable that they had a few months of beta and this is what we get after they beat the drum up and down the road about how absolutely amazing their new expansion is. Even dared to overcharge for early and beta access but this is the end product. Nice work, what can I say. Not unexpected, but still…

Same issue here. Only restarting the game brings back the dialog. But when you do the cinematic again, the dialog stops once more.
Disabled all add-ons. Same issue.

Started happening yesterday when the post 80 quests popped up

Just tried scan and repair. But i’m not getting my hopes up. EDIT: Did not solve it, same issue… really destroys the storytelling…

1 Like

Same issue here, when a cinematic start it mutes all the dialogs, even after the cinematic, NPCs don’t speak anymore. Only a restart of the game solves it but the immersion is ruined during the cinematic :frowning:

Playing on MacBook M1 Pro 14" with macOS latest version.

Same problem, all drivers are up-to-date. I dont see anything wrong in the audio settings either (like something being unchecked). Rechecking audio options do nothing so as other already said, only way to get audio back is to quit the game and start it agan.

Same here, this is very annoying, especially now :frowning:

Try toggling “dialog” option under Audio settings (although it was already enabled).

In my case I was hearing it all pretty much all the way, then it suddenly stopped. Didn’t help logging back in or switching characters either. But the toggling did it…

Then again, maybe it was something entirely else which just coincidentally happened at the same time :slight_smile:

I have the same issue. Though my problem started specifically with the endgame campaign cutscenes.

1 Like

Same here, only restart helps ;/

Occurs on both Mac and Windows

I have the same problem. The last cut scene in Azj-Kahet doesn’t work at all and freezes your character and you can’t do anything. This is a very serious problem and should be addressed immediately.

1 Like

Same, guys, and it is saddening coz I feel like wasting a lot in game. Pls Blizz look into this!

Same for me

I had this happen to me as well.

However when doing some research as to why this was happening. I saw similar posts of when the Dragon Flight Expansion came out and some pointed out that it was a memory overflow on blizzards end. And that the only fix is closing the game entirely and reopening it. (Which still miss out on the voice dialog when in and out of the cutscenes. :frowning: ) However at some point there was an addon that fixed this issue. But the person that made that addon no longer updates it and had disabled it permanently when trying to install. (Due to the bug being fixed back then.)

But I’d say this. Since I was playing in other areas of the game. I had encountered memory error crashes. Making me to believe there is some major memory leak somewhere. (I thought addons were doing this. But after turning them off and deleting them. It still happened at the time.)

I’m facing the same issues. The game dialogues mute whenever a cutscene plays and had to exit the game completely just to get the sound back. Not only mutes the cutscene dialogues, but all the dialogs in general. It needs to be fixed.

Same issue here. The only hope now is that it will be fixed with some future patch

UPDATE:
Seems like deleting Details addon fixes the issue for now