Difference between mentality of Alliance and Horde

Of course. But I 100% get what Rektem means, because playing for the results (fast win/fast loss so you can queue up again) is a very different focus from enjoying the bg itself as it is happening and going with its flow. Neither is wrong, they just don’t mix well :wink:

Pretty sure the dude said “you should have fun”. Which is a very subjective thing and didn’t necessarily insinuate that you SHOULD play as he does. OP has his joy in world exploration and so on and you have your fun with other things whatever they are (unless you’re some anti-fun disney movie villain).

Or they’re smarter and more efficient, keep in mind that this is a game, thinking “Well this is FUBAR, let’s try again” is a part of gaming.

1 Like

That’s probably your bias coming from the whole “Our faction vs their faction” mentality that the game was based on. Both factions are played by human beings as 2 disorganized groups, it makes no sense for them to share a mindset.

2 Likes

I hated this mentality in classic. I’d rather play the game and try and push back rather then just concede

The biggest difference I notice other than the architecture, Is the alliance quests tend to be a bit softer.

I generally prefer the alliance architecture and prefer the horde quests .

I never seem to get the balance right in this game.

Started playing an Evoker recently then found out it’s useless unless all you want to play in the Dragon flight chapter. As by the time you finish the story you are over 60 so you can’t freeze the XP.

What I don’t get is I believe Chromie time goes up to 61. What’s the point? If you can’t freeze the XP above 59.

It is world of warcraft. Not world of funcraft

Well the horde got a reputation of being good in BGs at one point. For that fact alone the horde will attract more PvP players.

I used to do a lot of BG’s and yeah, If it looked like it was going to be a white wash due to the numbers being uneven for starters (years back) you had people just leave so the side with the few got even less. So they just give in to get it out of the way quickly.

It’s great for the team that keeps winning gaining the rewards but the losing side (if they are losing a lot) it’s a hard soulless slog.

I’ve seen it in Warhammer online, a side starts winning more often and so some people switch sides to be on the winning side. Putting the sides even more out of balance. But, that’s some people for you, they want the rewards from winning.

The more the sides are out of balance the less fun it is for both sides, but it seems for some the rewards are more important.

For them it’s “Lobby of Warcraft - Pls respect my time!!!”.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.