Dimensional Rift not changing targets

Dimensional rift portals become useless if the target they are cast on dies before the portal does all the damage it was meant to do. Shouldn’t these portals just switch to a new enemy the warlock is already in combat with to avoid wasting it?

1 Like

Yeah, I think they should target whatever you are targeting in the same as your pet would on assist.

The rifts and basically tier set bonus are pretty useless in most fights except bosses or rares with high health.

It is also worth adding how long the DR appears in order to start causing damage. In a situation where a pack of opponents in mythic + dies in 10-15 seconds, DR is not even worth pressing, because if you do this, you will not see any benefit) Similarly, in the situation with the opponents’ subfull, DR is just a stupid and terrible ability at this stage of its existence. The ability itself does not provide any interesting gameplay features, such as Channel Demonfire with its immolate extension, so it is also not clear how to adequately insert it into rotation. People don’t just complain like that - at least you can’t listen to your community much. But unfortunately, the developers don’t care, and instead of properly amplifying DR - to solve its problem with the speed of appearance and switching to a new enemy, as well as increasing its damage (let me remind you that by default the ability does not have a recharge reset, and also does not cause damage to the area), the developers increase all damage by 9%, RoF by 15%, and immolate by 10%, and then When these stupid tier sets are finally removed or new normal ones are made, then everyone will wonder why destro has such great damage, but the point will be that we will finally abandon DR and be able to take a really strong nodal talent. They will probably nerf again by 9% and reduce the damage of RoF))

1 Like

Its because used all of thier energi to make Doom brand smart and just slapped on DR as the tier set.
It evident that the warlock dev can’t handle all 3 specs at the same time as affi tier was just straight up a damage boost after soulrot.

If you look on doom brand its actually coded smart (when the target dies it still explodes + can proc doomfiend) and to make DR work in a smart way where it would retarget if its main target dies it would prob bug out 9/10 times and just target a mob you are not in combat with. (Give us even a bigger reason to just delete the ability)
I believe DR is coded as a pet when it summoned and considering pets don’t even listen to demo’s pet attack button it would just become a fiesta.

Just do what i do and quit for the remainder of the season and pray they actually listen in S4 and dont force us to keep this god awful tier.

1 Like

oh really good idea. I just ran out of gaming time today

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.