Dire Beast Build?

I’m relatively new to Hunter and still trying to figure out what and how I want to play.

The thing that appeals to me must about BM is the ability to spawn in random pets through Dire Beast and it’s linked talents.

My question is, is this build viable and fun? The other side of the talent tree doesn’t appeal to me as much at all but I also want to feel impactful in PvP and raids. Any advice is appreciated. :blush:

In raiding, you can use the “dire beast” button, and get a lot of pets!
It’s less useful in M+, the talents on wowhead are a great starting point

1 Like

I play with Dire Beast because I refuse to play with two permanent pets. I hated it in Legion and I still do in DF. I absolutely loved the Dire Beast build we had back then and with Call of the Wild spawning more pets and the 2p set bonus giving us even more with Big Red Kitty it’s the playstyle I had always hoped for as BM.

I tried Call of the Wild build after its rework and still not good. The main problem is Wild Instincts stacks reset when you change target.

I usually don’t take Dire Beast but i take Dire Command (passive summon) because i don’t want to waste gcd in pvp.

But if we consider 4 set bonus you need to pick Dire Beast and also Dire Frenzy is very pickable. This is my perspective in terms of pvp.

A Dire Pack build is currently an alternative raiding meta for BM. It doesn’t actually use the “Dire Beast” skill, because you don’t need it, but it uses all the other things that proc and boost Dire Beasts.

Look here:

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-mastery-hunter-pve-dps-spec-builds-pet-talents

All of the builds have been changed recently to make more use of Dire Beasts. Call of the Wild is just devastating in PvE.

I run the Mythic+ build there for world content and dungeons. It’s brilliant. I do move some things around so that I can have Trailblazer and Wilderness Medicine from the Hunter tree when solo though.

Strictly talking about PvE here. You should have a different loadout for PvP anyway.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.