Disabling XP Gains on 110+ Characters

That would make sense. Obviously they’re not gonna do that.

I personally never cared about stopping my XP but this post (being the blue post) is a joke. You’re just taking away a method people enjoyed the game and for what? A small group that abused it?

12 Likes

Actually, I’m now starting to get quite indignant about this.

Is this really about twink boosts? Really? How can it be? There aren’t that many of them. They don’t pose a threat to anything.

If you want to go after boosts, I can point you at Trade Chats all over the place where boosts - also for gold, and therefore within ToS, so all legit - are affecting the perception of the game much more. If you want to disable those boosts, we could talk about that a bit. I’m sure many here on the forums would be happy to discuss it.

So removing our ability to stay and finish Legion just because of a few levelling boosts doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

Or is it because the de-powering and scaling mechanics in 110-120 are so badly received that the contrast is too widely apparent?

In the first week or so of BfA, I stopped XP on my second character, which I normally would level alongside my first, just because the scaling 110-120, combined with the extra pruning effect from losing the artefact, felt so bad, and I wanted to have a character that felt good to play as well as one that felt bad.

It was pretty obvious to me just how dull 120 felt.

Is this move related to that, somehow?

The more I think about this, the more confused I get.

Perhaps a more complete statement might help.

9 Likes

Can someone explain the issue blue describes in the op. What exactly are people doing at level 110 to powerlevel others? I’ve been away from the game for a while. Genuine question.

1 Like

Running Island Expeditions repeatedly. Basically like dungeon boosts, but with Islands, for alts of people who have already unlocked them.

They pull all the island and 1 shot it with op legendaries. They do the island like in 2-3 minute.

1 Like

I never understood why there was an XP lock in place. Was it to play old raids at the apopriate level? Don’t kid yourself, a lvl 60 character now is far more powerful than way back when.

No, I don’t mind seeing the XP lock being removed.

And how are 110’s better at boosting than 120’s? Or is it in brackets like in battlegrounds?

Because of scaling and legendary effects.

1 Like

$hit show detected…
Cup of tea prepared…
Let the fun begin…

3 Likes

Let me be very blunt here: nobody cares about what your intention was.

The game is developed for us to play, not for you to see that your intentions are realized properly. If you doubt this, take a look at the direction in which money is changing hands.

I did not lock XP nor did I use any services from XP locked characters. But I am SICK AND TIRED of seeing you turning off fun wherever you find it. I DO NOT care that other XP locked characters repeatedly powerlevel non-XP locked characters. I DO care about you removing possibilities from me, which I might want to use for entirely different purposes - or even for exactly the same purpose, that is, for powerleveling characters.

I repeat. I am sick and tired of you interfering with fun. It is even more insulting when your damn game is chock full of bugs and issues which you are dragging your feet on in fixing. You do find the time to implement your damn “vision” at the cost of not finding the time to actually fix your game. Just today I checked again and I cannot complete several achievements for Winter Veil. Go and fix them instead of scavenging reddits looking for things to take away or disable.

36 Likes

This hotfix is outrageous for the people that locked their xp to stay in the 110-119 PvP bracket. The level 110 scaling: easily killings npc’s and the usage of legendaries do NOT APPLY in Battlegrounds! Blizzard, you’re ruining the level 110-119 pvp bracket for a reason that has nothing to do with your issue. Please think of a better solution.

16 Likes

Mate can you explain to me wth is 113 lvl roleplaying? I’m more confused then ever.

And again, disappointment.
Blizzard coming in and cutting a part of the game for their playerbase. Good, way to go, there was already enough content to play anyway. /s

2 Likes

Yeah, the scaling is … strange. And combined with the effect of losing the Legendaries suddenly, it leaves 110-120, and especially 116-120 … just annoying. Not difficult, just awkward and disjointed, with pointless obstacles.

The mob placement in the zones doesn’t help. They followed the Argus playbook with meaningless unavoidable mobs widely spread, just to slow you down. They have since backtracked on this philosophy on Islands after the reaction, but they are still like that in the zones.

BfA is my first ever levelling experience in WoW I didn’t enjoy. Whatever else WoW may have disappointed me about, levelling was always a reliable highlight for me. Until BfA. I can understand why more people than usual might want to skip it, but honestly I haven’t been seeing twink boosts in Trade or LFG. Boosts for gear and M+10 and Curve, sure, place is littered with those, but not so much of the levelling boosts. That’s why this doesn’t compute for me.

2 Likes

Dumbest thing I ever saw!

I have characters locked at 110 as they haven’t yet finished Legion!

Blizz, please think through stupid ideas like this before implementing them!!

From a angry fan.

9 Likes

Exactly this. wouldve been a much better solution.

And just by the way, the fix does not even fix the “problem” you set completely because people can use accounts that do not have BFA. Characters on those accounts will stay 110 naturally. What are you going to do - nerf characters on such accounts explicitly? Buy them BFA? Jeez… When you fix does not fix the problem cleanly, this is a pretty universal sign that your definition of what the problem is runs fundamentally counter to what you previously did. Which in layman speak means that what you are doing is stupid.

5 Likes

I don’t know; perhaps turn XP on whenever the player goes to Kultrias/Zandalar. I can imagine some players wanting to stay at 110 to experience legion at an appropriate level. I know I did that for other expansions.

5 Likes

Humm Mellinora?? Watch ya talkin bout ??? They can’t run islands or BFA content if they don’t have BFA… So they can’t power level people from 110 - 120 as they don’t have BFA…

1 Like

What, like 111 - 119?

The behaviour of using a feature precisely as it is/was intended to be used? Yunno, like you just mentioned.

I’m 120, and I’m STILL ****ing around on stupid Legion content, simply because I DARED to be hospitalised midway through it. Where’s my hotfix?!

1 Like