Disabling XP Gains on 110+ Characters

Warlock summons and similar things still work, at least for outdoor, no? Anyway, that’s not very important. If I made a mistake and the fix does disable all uses of a 110 in BFA content, fine, so be it. My main point is different.

1 Like

I have spent so much time on getting my 111 character ready for old content xmog farming, just earlier today, maybe 2 hours ago i learned that gems were disabled for pre ilvl 200 gear (i hadnt logged my xmog runner since before 8.1 so i only learned about it today), and now i read about the XP disabler being removed for 110’s and above. What the hell are you doing ActivisionBlizzard?. Never have i ever seen a company so renowned, so cherished by its consumers, so beloved by other lesser game companies, FALL SO HARD AND FAST like Blizzard has. My game time ends in january 2020 i think it was. Will i get more gametime? not likely. But ActivisionBlizzard has a whole year on them to redeem themselves. Im just so mad at this garbage you are spewing out recently.

3 Likes

It won’t, you can’t access BFA content if you don’t have BFA it won’t teleport you.

1 Like

Ok, great, I’m canceling the sub then, as 119 pvp was literally the only reason I kept my subscription rolling.

If you don’t like people queueing to islands to boost others or whatever the exp ‘exploit’ was, then prevent that from happening instead of killing twinking, the #1 reason for this feature to even exist.

Edit: wording.
PS: Just noticed, I got charged for subscription 2 days ago. Wouldn’t mind it getting refunded pro-rata tbh.

6 Likes

I have been loyal to this game even when the dumbest mistakes, hotfixes and changes has been implemented and I have always spoken in Blizzards favour, but this time Blizzard has gone too far…this is by far the dumbest thing in history in my opinion…and that says something.

8 Likes

To be honest I feel like I have something to say here.
As one of better 110 twink players, I’d say the Island Expedition/Dungeon boosting was nothing that people planned to do at this bracket, it was just optional feature which some used for easy gold ( the main boosting bracket is 111 either way ). Now 110 was mainly used for Battlegrounds and arena farming which while pretty op was the exact same as twinking at f.e. 79, 29 or 19. It was op and yes you could stomp players ( if they were bad ) but it is so in every twink bracket. Now a fun pvp bracket is pretty much destroyed because of some boosters… Thank you Blizzard it is definitely the BEST way to fix this.
Now for real why don’t simply make 110+ unable to queue I.E.s and dungeons while having XPOff on? It would be much better fix and would prevent people from being boosted while also allowing anyone who would like to, to play lvl110 content freely.
Just my 2 cents…

2 Likes

Good idea actually. Can’t queue for Expeditions until you’ve done the intro scenario / quest and unlocked XP and can’t do the quest until you’re, I dunno, Lv115.

IEs and BfA dungeons maybe, since that’s BfA content.

But I still don’t see the point of this. Three months in. At Christmas. In an expansion where, God knows, they have more than enough work to get on with already instead of diverting to stop players playing.

I have a couple of alts still at 110 who hadn’t completed their Legion class/mount stuff, and I had intended to get around to them before they left. I think some Legion dungeons may still be required. I mean, it’s not a huge deal for me; they’re not important alts, and this is not something I take very seriously, but I do have an in-game friend who is still grinding out alts to complete Legion, and I know she is going to be very upset about this.

3 Likes

To curb your behaviour I intend on unsubscribing from your game over your mornonic attitude to your playebase.

Good luck getting your salaries paid when you dont have enough people left playing due to this ****.

14 Likes

Exactly.

It’s like you pay a babysitter and you return home and you see that she left children unattended and they want to eat and have dirty hands and dirty faces, and instead of taking care about that she prepared you a lecture on why smoking is bad, because she found a pack of cigarettes somewhere in the house. Like what the hell? Do I need to remind you what your job is? Except with Blizzard this seemingly happens every week now.

1 Like

Tbh they kind of have a point with the boosting going but as many have pointed before me, this “fix” is implemented in the worst possible way pretty much REMOVING 2 twink brackets just because boosting happens.
And yet when legion was going 101’s didn’t had any nerfs while boosting was way easier and way more common back then.

1 Like

Yeah, thanks Blizzard. You’ve just invalidated literal days of played on multiple characters of mine. I’m not happy, at all.

And solely for the reason you thought that this would have been a good idea to begin with, regardless of whether you undo the change, I won’t be coming back.

I’m not sure what it is with you guys lately, but you’re killing the games I play one by one. I’m done, cheers.

10 Likes

That’s hilarious right when i think Blizzard is at the bottom they prove that they can still dig even lower !

8 Likes

What can I say, just another case of Blizzard using a shotgun to kill a fly.

4 Likes

Yet more evidence that the developers are so out of touch with the player base. Have fun the way we say.

2 Likes

Whats next?..blizz: We have found out that some ppl are standing still at the same location for a long time, we will be making a hotfix in the near future, making it so a char can only stay in a zone for 1 hour at the time, after that, said toon will be zone locked for 1 day.

Reason: They want you to explore the world, not to be limited in 1 zone!

RP’er n’ rare campers be like: WTF!?

Anyway, i feel this is wrong, this is a game, not a job, we play the game for fun.

If ppl find it funny to boost other in island expedition (for gold), let em, its more of a “clever use of mechanic” then anything, since thats how the damn scaling works.

I wonder, dont you think this will harm you in the end blizz?, say some new player wanted to buy boost, but, dont have the gold, they can choice to buy tokens for real money and sell em for gold, this will then give you guys more money (i heard you guys like money), so, why shot yourself in the foot with this.

This “control” here will do more harm then good.

Hopefully the replies this post here will get will make you guys change your sight on stuff.

1 Like

I play this game since autumn of 2007, freshly after BT was released. Until BFA never ever have used xp off feature simply because I wanted to play new content. Due my a bit long absence during Legion I was behind with my alts on that content. So far have only forgot to turn off xp on 2 characters, but decided that will do what can later on them, while setting xp off on rest of my characters, and slowly making my way through Legion on them. As my sub is soon to expire was wondering more and more about keep playing game or no. This blue post gave me final answer to my pondering. So things are simple from me to you Blizzard. If you decide to do this in a way how you now have described it, and thus FORCEFULLY removing my xp off from characters that I have desired to have it so for Legion content purpose only, not only that you can expect for me to not keep sub, but to not resub to this game…EVER…AGAIN…simple as that dear Blizzard. Or we shall part our ways because of this or you will think twice, hard, before making this decision become game reality. You are on the move Blizzard, and I am waiting. Oh and btw Blizzard, so far I have been playing ONLY Legion content, have not set one foot into BFA content with ANY character. Try to see bigger picture for once…on time…

3 Likes

More decisions from Blizzard showing that the devs are completely detached from the game and the playerbase.

Alientating, I guess it’s Blizzard’s Christmas present for the players. There’s so much stuff to fix, but all they manage is to implement stuff to patronize our gameplay. These guys in the devs office need help, seriously.

9 Likes

This is purely idiotic.
Who exactly is running Blizzard at this point? (Don’t blame Activision, cause it’s PEOPLE that’s at fault here).

You’re NOT thinking, whatsoever, of what makes this game fun.
Twinking has been a part of WoW for 14 years…
People twinked back in Vanilla and boosted people in things.

FUN is key word to why ANYONE even plays this any longer…
and you’re sincerely not just shooting yourself in the foot anymore, you’re shooting us all by now cause we’re going to have a completely dead game, a game we love, if you keep this up.

Stop
Removing
FUN

Stop
Removing
OPTIONS

GET A GRIP, PLEASE!
Whoever is making all these decisions needs to have a talk with the community or just realise what they are doing…

3 Likes

We’ve been thinking about this plan more today and agree that there are probably better ways to approach this issue. We’re going to hold off on this for the time being while we discuss.

29 Likes