Disappointing professions

Hi anyone reading this.
I have tried several professions and for the most part I feel they are very inconsequential.
For example blacksmithing can craft the legendary things, a mediocre armor set and thats about it.
Why cant we craft awesome weapons like in TBC?
Just add a lot of mats for us to farm but make it worth our while?
Also make things boe so we can actually make some gold?

3 Likes

I hear that once again it is all about the damned herbs and the flasks

Honestly, you’re probably better of selling the raw materials than crafting anything at this point. You’re much better off buying legendries from the AH since the price has dropped for most of them, compared to how much it would cost you to make it in the first place.

The legendary crafting system is such a gold sink at the moment to get to rank 4 for a particular item in the first place, and even then you make a loss trying to sell it on the AH because of how cutthroat it is.

It will only be worth it again come the next patch when they add more ranks and even then, only those crafting items at rank 4 at that point will benefit by having a head start on getting the higher rank items on the AH whilst they will sell for a boatload due to demand being high.

The system really is skewed in favour of those who started investing early on when the xpac hit.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen the crafting professions in such an awkward state for those who didn’t immediately level them up by chucking all their gold on mats, new players who want to pick up the skill, or those on alts who want to level those profession skills up.

1 Like

Unfortunately the profession system of wow is disappointing… Crafting is probably one of the worst possible systems. The only thing that can be used is for consumables and not for weapons/armor
I wish they could use the crafting system of let’s say ESO ONLINE where most of the high end items are craftable and anyone can make them (the difficult part is the obtaining the resources) but eventually you can have high end gear with only craft items.

3 Likes

I totally agree, but from a gathering professions perspective. I usually do fishing, herbing and mining. Something clearly happened in SL with professions. Maybe all those people they were sacking since Legion were the ones who made professions fun?

Herbing and mining used to have special elements, especially in Legion; ranks, special herbs/ores/fish that you had a chance on getting and quests related to these gathering professions. In Legion, you could even plant seeds and greatly benefit from these, especially if you planted them with friends.

Fishing used to be so fun! All those quests and the chance to catch that special super rare fish (some you could sell on AH for loads of gold). Now you just buy bait for 1 gold, even for the ‘green’ and ‘rare’ Elysian Thade. So… anyone can spend 20 min and get tons of the fish, that is supposed to be ‘rare’.

Ye, it seem like they forgot to make professions special and instead made them like real work :frowning:

Accidentally deleted my post.
In legion people complained about having to do the lenghty proffession quests for alts, needless timegating. As well feeling punished for not having r3, in particular alchemy that had the multiproc at r3.

They toned both down in bfa, hiding most r3 ranks behind rep. But it started to make the star system to seem rather meaningless. So I can well understand why they reverted to the older style.

In SL legendary vessel crafting is the single legacy of it, and -horridly- so.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.