🍸 [DISBANDED] The Family and Companies: Closed for Business! - Criminal Guild

Notes have been tacked to the warehouse, shop and boat doors: Indefinitely out of business. For questions, address a letter to the Kindred Spirits bar, 03 Bilgewater Harbor.

A similar one’s been hung on the bar door: Indefinitely out of business. For questions, leave a letter.

–

It’s hard to say goodbye, and this one is really hard. Especially with so much attached to it.

I am indefinitely quitting WoW. In fact, most of the Guild are.

Argent Dawn is too inhospitable an environment to survive in.

It’s a sad truth that has been escalating further in recent times despite the release of a rather awesome expansion. But myself quitting and the guild’s departure runs far far deeper.

For two years I’ve ran The Family with Kaziik/Ireshka at the head for the first year. For four years, I’ve been RPing. There is always an inevitable point where we have to quit, pack up, and move on with our lives.

I joined Argent Dawn in a terrible position. I had some severe mental disorders. I’d quite often get messaged from concerned friends with how late I’d stay up in the mornings doing nothing but RPing, dedicating myself to a virtual reality because my real life was so messed up it was all I could do to escape into it. This is unfortunately a rather common sentiment on Argent Dawn and one I’ve ran into with many other RPers.

Yet, as I type this, I’m in a great place. I couldn’t be happier. I have a stable job, a loving home and family life, and a great social network. I haven’t had any awful days for a long, long time now.

So this is the point where inhospitality aside I’ve found myself turning around and enjoying life for what it is. Enjoying just… living.

I’m abandoning RP, because I want to focus on making my real self my main character.

The way it should be.

That’s not to say I never enjoyed this. I’ve learned a hell of a lot from this, and I’ve only grown as a leader, to the point where my real job has grown in leaps and bounds simply because I’ve taught myself as a GM how to handle people - and now I’m teaching people beneath me in the real working world.

To go back into our position on Argent Dawn. Without naming certain groups of people, there comes a time where you have to say enough is enough. And unfortunately, when one particular group (this goes for any RP community) dominates RP as a whole, and as an entity, this creates a rather awful situation and is often the death of RP. Even worse, one of the worst evils is to sit down and say nothing when other atrocities are committed. And I can’t sit down and say nothing to save face and to make sure my Guild doesn’t get heckled off the server any longer. I’m refusing to name and shame, but those who know me will know precisely the situation I am on about. I can only thank those within the groups who supported me no matter what happened. I made some rather wonderful friends, and would never judge people based on where they lay their allegiance. I would judge them based on how they reacted to the situations they were presented in some critical times. Some of which were rather cowardly. Those who found themselves being cowards then found themselves ostracized: and nobody defends cowards. Why would they, when the cowards never defended them?

I’m going on a tangent. Regardless, I’m gone. I don’t really care how out of hand this thread gets from anything I’ve said here because I have absolutely 0 intentions of returning to WoW to RP. I will at least admit that I also RP and play Ninmi for those who stalked the forums at any point and read certain posts.

Anyway, we’ll still be here, just not on WoW. Many of us in the Guild are sticking around as a community and gaming together. Any plots you had with The Family, consider them gone, or pursue them with the rare few that are sticking around. I’d recommend Kylerane. I believe she’s one of the only one’s actually staying on her Family character.

No matter where you go and what you do: thank you for participating with us in the stories we made. We could not have done this without the support of the community. Because RP isn’t about creating great stories…

It’s about creating good stories together.

Want to stay in touch? Here’s my Discord, too: Treasure Key#0001

28 Likes