Disc dps in m+

Hi,

Im fairly new to priest but I’ve fund out, that I like heal as disc more than Holy.
I understand the concept with atonement’s and such, but I’m doing less damage overall as disc, then I do as Holy. I know it comes down to the group, pull, dungeons and such but my feeling is I’m doing very little (tho ppl rarely dies)

At the moment I’m doing 14ish keys at 466ilvl with 4set. My Druid did easily 17-18 keys at same ilvl and also more damage. I’m doing 30-33k overall dps now as disc.

I spread the dot with penance, use mindbender often and spam smite, penance on cd in shadow phase. I don’t use holy shock, which I spam as Holy, is that something I also should do as Disc?

How much dps should I be doing at my ilvl?

Thanks

I think you meant Holy Nova, not Holy Shock since that’s a Paladin ability :sweat_smile:

Anyways, in dungeons most of your damage as Disc should come from Purge of the Wicked (PotW from now on) and Mindbender/Inescapable Torment. As for how to handle PotW, let’s say there’s 6 mobs, you put PotW on 4 of them as the tank is pulling and then use Penance to spread it to the 2 mobs left.

About Holy Nova, you don’t really wanna use that as Disc, basically because your rotation revolves around reducing Mindbender cooldown and extending Atonements via spamming Smite, Penance and Mind Blast, on top of the tier 31 set which also promoves this gameplay.

I don’t know if you catweave with your Druid, but assuming you do, it’s normal that it does more damage. The advantage of playing Disc is that while other healers will have to stop DPSing to heal, you don’t, so your damage is more consistent, and this becomes more obvious as key levels goes higher.

Also don’t tell anyone but I play Mindgames (with all the extra talent points into it) :face_holding_back_tears: 100% recommended even though nobody uses it.

According to ur armory, u have 27% haste and 20% crit which is the main problem. Try to tune your stats to at least 34% haste and 30%+ crit. 32% mastery does not contribute to dps at all so it’s not worth anything, keep it at around 22-25% which u will do by having set pieces equipped. Also, you don’t have decent dps trinkets. Belor’relos alone adds up to 10k dps if used on cd, and DHT trinkets give another 5-7k. Replace your weapon enchant to sophic devotion. Btw, mindgames is worth nothing and should not be picked ever.
PS: trinkets numbers were my rough calculations, so they can range. But u get the point.

Thanks for input, I def. Change stats when gear drops :slight_smile: had some bad luck so far, not sure but seems like Nymue’s trinket does not heal tru its damage? Maybe im wrong.

atonement healing only comes through priest damage. so, no enchants/trinkets/embelihments transfer into healing. also, aoe spells only transfer healing from a single enemy hit.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.