Discipline arena

Hello I was trying out Disc PVP recently and question myself:

Can it keep up with Preservation Evoker?
Why do you wear so much haste?(the Discs on ladder I checked had 20% haste)

If you have to press multiple buttons to do one thing, shortening the global cooldown on those buttons is a big help. 20% more buttons pressed in the same time! And 20% more mana spent.

It also buffs damage and healing over time effects as if they ticked that much faster (but they just scale instead for technical reasons).

Can it keep up? No clue.

Haste is good for many reasons

• easier to cast and fake-cast
  • can get off more crucial spells in hectic situations
  • easier to avoid cc with swd, and in general easier to avoid getting caught in los
  • shorter cd on shield, solace and pom

For raw healing throughput, mastery is obviously the best choice. For combined dmg and healing throughput, I’d imagine haste and crit are somewhat similar. Crit will be better with the new talents though, so maybe we’ll lean more towards crit in DF. I think you’ll always want 15-20% haste, and then probably go for crit after that point. My impression is that atonement will make up a bigger chunk of our healing in DF, so going mastery is probably not that good.

No idea how disc compares to evoker in DF. In prepatch it might still be the best healer, I havent done much arena the last few weeks so Im not quite sure.

lots of stuff to press on disc and there is always something to press so in my opinion haste will always be the best for disc especially if atonement healing becomes a thing. Dont think so tho. Personally id go with haste/mastery like SL

In pre patch disc is very strong because radiance heals 50%+ of someones hp and almost LoH if it crits which is certainly not the case on the beta where it heals for 15-20%.

If disc is good or not is purely determined by numbers since it doesnt bring anything else. Doesnt look too bright on the beta so far but maybe we get some more tuning

I fought alot of Preservation seems even.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.