Disconnect - Account Information has Changed

I just got disconnected “because my account information has changed?”

No, nothing has changed. Quickly went to my account to check.

Unfortunately, I didn’t stop to screenshot it before I clicked the Reconnect button, and I got in again with no problem.

I see an old thread here with the same problem

and one in the US 3 weeks ago

So I seem to be ok, but just leaving this here in case someone else also got it.

I have had a lot of disconnects over the past three weeks or so, almost all on logging to a character, so not a huge deal, but I never saw - or at least never noticed - this message before. It’s a bit unsettling.

P.S. Oh, I missed a Blue post on the US thread suggesting it may have been due to back-end work in progress: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/logged-off-because-account-information-changed-what/1077977/11

i had the same issue last night. for me it was at like 00:15ish when i got disconnected. i checked the bnet account page to see if there were any recent logins and there was one from a city far away from me but still from the same country im from

1 Like

That was a good check. I see no recent connections on my account other than my own, though.

Hey Gráinne,

Glad to hear you were able to find the cause already and indeed this looks to be related to the same work mentioned in the post you linked. For visibility:

Thanks, it looks like it may be related to some work happening on the back-end. Nothing appears to be amiss and the result of some data migration. Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

I had the exact same thing happen to me like 10 minutes ago. Ive double checked everything and the only logins are from my own home. Just making this post if any of the mods are able to verify if my problem was a back-end issue as well or something else.

And now they have added new terms of use and you have to agree to that before you can play, except they don’t highlight the new stuff.

I recently got logged out with the same message too even though nothing seems to have changed and last logins don’t look suspicious.

1 Like