Disconnect during pet battles with my hunter or mage

Every so often, sometimes 4 or 5 times in a row, sometimes not for an hour of battles - I disconnect. I’m using either one of my hunters or one of my mages (sometimes horde, sometimes alliance) . There seems to be no pattern of disconnects. I could deal with the disconnects if it didn’t act like I forfeited and take off 10%. If I disconnect 5 times in a row, that’s 5 bandages and that’s not fair. Is there something I’m doing wrong or that I can change in order to stop this? I read that it’s a problem with Demon Hunters, but I don’t have a Demon Hunter.

Demon Hunters may get it more often, but I think everybody has a chance to get it. :frowning:

I had a case just yesterday, in fact, of a DC on a Mage. Once, I got the DC on a DH twice or maybe three times in a row, but it has never happened to me more than that in one session.

I don’t know why it happens either. Nobody does. It’s rare enough that nobody can reproduce it at will to try to test what factors influence it.

The game deliberately automatically disconnects a character that seems to move impossibly fast, to counter hacks. I’ve been disconnected when jumping down off a ledge, for instance, though never in a Blink. Demon Hunters are notorious for getting disconnects with their Fel Rush because of this. And they also seem to have the most reports of DCs starting pet battles, even though they have no special movement issues in that case.

I don’t know whether the DC is somehow related to the movement disconnect, or is in some way related to being unable to load the pet battle instance/phase quickly enough, but those are my two suspects.

Gello, the author of Rematch and all-round knowledgeable guy, suggests

try exiting the game completely and renaming the WDB/cache folder, thhen log in and see. It’s possible that you start getting the disconnects all over again since all opponents are now “new”, in which case you can exit and rename the folder back.

If it is happening to you often enough to be upsetting, maybe you could try this, and see what results you get.

Thank you so much for all the info! Not just informative, but very interesting! Thankfully, it’s just happened to me in pet battles, so I’ve been lucky. I’ll try moving slower and see if that makes any difference. Otherwise - I buy extra bandages.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.