Discrimination ,US pays 180USD and EU pays 300euros! The war within Collectors

According to the current exchange rate, 1 US dollar is equivalent to 0,94 euro. The price of World of Warcraft: The War Within 20th Anniversary Collector’s Edition is 180 US dollars so that equals 168,88 euros. In my last purchase of Dragonflight Epic Edition Collector’s Set product i paid 17 euros as postal fees for the same address in Greece, with standard shiping. Today Blizzard store ask me to pay 200 euros for game + 99 postal fee = 299 euros instead of 168,88 + 17 = 185,88 euros which should be . The difference is 299 - 185,88 = 113,12 euros . If this diffirence of 113.12 is not called theft , how can we call it ? If this does not constitute discrimination between players in the US and Europe, what does ? This policy is unacceptable and I urge you to correct this gross injustice and discrimination between Warcraft players immediately.

4 Likes

The game is available in both the US and EU. It even launches at the same time.

I’m not sure I understand.

1 Like

article fixed , please read it again , thank for response

I might be wrong, but I think EU prices tend to include taxes whereas US prices do not. People in the US instead have to pay their taxes later so they do end up paying a similar amount in the end.

The postage prices are another matter. The only reason I can think of for some of the silly numbers we are seeing is maybe the blizzard store does not want to deal with posting to certain locations and have set prices according to the risk of the item actually arriving undamaged.

2 Likes

few days ago we had a thread about a customer claiming that they were being discriminated for living in a certain country and now we have this lol .
the taxes between europe and usa are different . the item was probably made and comissioned in usa .so there is logistical as well as shipping costs and what not lol ,

lol it is not a court trial we are talking about .

“Discrimination”? If you can’t buy it, you can’t.

This is a luxery product, a Collector’s Edition. You are not required to buy this, or even the base game at all - gaming is not a “need” to live.

There’s even a guy here who says the statue of Alextrasza is too expensive, yes? It’s a prepainted hand-made sculpted statue that nobody needs.

everyone pays taxes my friend , US customers pays taxes and EU customes pays taxes . The item is made in China . And there is EU shop at Spain

Its not about about wealth and luxury , i have all collectors edition from 2008 . You cant understand that same product has diffirent price ? A diffirence about 120 euros .

1 Like

compare the taxes of both continents lol

probably yeah but china is close to usa then it is to europe .
and the item is probably going to usa first and then maybe some part of it will be transported from usa to europe for selling .

I agree the product’s postal service fee is outrageous, 100€ for postal?? But the bar for proving discrimination is very high.

I recommend putting the feedback in the main thread here too:

1 Like

also most part of your increase that you are claiming is coming from the shipping cost as you live in greece .
you can use a shipping forward company . you ship the item to their warehouse .they then send you the parcel for less price using their own courier rates.
if you google you can find them .
i use such services when i have to ship something from europe to turkiye .

so you are saying that is normal for us to pay 300 euros for a product that US player pays 168 euros - echange rate ? China has shipping routes to Spain Greece Italy Netherland , all over EU . This is preorder product , shipings will be later this year , dont try to make excuses for them .

good topic but we havent this option with other services , we have to pay another 99 euros . Blizzard ruin EU players , seriously

yes its completely normal .if you look at the game price and subscription price .we already pay much more then what usa customers pay for it .
so it is not the first and only thing that is happening to it .

Do like me, cancel EU order then purchase UK one. from 300 to 245

EZ

Yes that makes a whole lot of difference compared to the one liner :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

Yeah easy, until customs will charge you 60 euro’s for importing it from a non-eu country. You screwed all the same as the rest of us in the EU.

i m living in switzerland, Non-EU country.

so whats the difference? in all cases I’ve potential duties to pay so its better to pay about 245 than 300 in soviet europe

EU store - Switzerland = 300

US store - Switzerland = 279

UK (non-EU) - Switzerland = 245

not so hard to decide.

Maybe we’re seeing the start of another word being used horribly incorrectly like “cringe” or “[insertword]phobia”. This is the second “discrimination” thread in less than a day.

Yes, 100€ shipping costs are high, and wonder why, for example Switzerland have that as well when neighbor countries have 37.5€, but you’re comparing apples with oranges.

If you want to compare an item without VAT do it at the two shops.
US price without VAT is 180$. 169€ with today change rate.
EU price without VAT in Greece, taking the 24% out of 200€ is 161,290322580645€

Yes, you can buy the US version if you want from the US Gear Store, just remember:
1- The key inside the CE maybe it won’t work because the CE it’s from US, and you play in EU.
2- When the box gets to Greece at customs, they will request you 43,20$ of VAT (ΦΠΑ) + the VAT of the shipping (yes, shipping needs to pay VAT as well) + maybe handling costs at customs + anything your country charges at the border.

1 Like