[Discussion] [H] [RP] The Horde RP scene

20 Likes

All this and more could be yours. All you have to do is join my internet cult

11 Likes

I AM BIDDEN!

7 Likes

Same, I wish I didn’t taste the fruit of knowledge and stayed ignorant of OOC drama. Sadly that edenic existence is now forever denied to me. :pensive:

8 Likes

If someone ever actually said that and it’s not just satire, they’re totally wrong.

If the PCU isn’t somebody’s thing, there are other thriving communities that contain multiple guilds in the Horde. They’re just not regularly advertised on the forums.

“All thats left are PCU guilds” is only accurate if you just sit in Orgrimmar and/or the forums and never put any effort into looking for anything else.

7 Likes

Congrats, someone actually said that. Pretty weird post that one was… Unpopular Opinion - Orgrimmar aint the same
Reminds me a bit of this Boush one tbh.

Also the only thriving AD community is in fact PCU, everything else is a lie.

They’re not wrong, they’ve just seen into the future and witnessed what is to come

[u witness a dark premonition]

Taxania croaked lying in the ashes of the old order as several PCU terminators patrol past

6 Likes

I didn’t enjoy a lot of the Horde RP scene during Battle for Azeroth because of how the roleplay between loyalists and rebels turned out. People were accusing each other of metagame and powerplay to the point where people eventually began ignoring each other completely.

In the end, it created this wedge in the RP community of our faction where loyalists would stick to their own in Orgrimmar while rebels roamed elsewhere in Kalimdor, never planning to cross paths again. It wounded the RP scene in Horde side because people who are new to the faction are sometimes skeptical about Horde RP because it’s often guild based in the first place.

Thankfully, 8.2.5 delved deep into what became of the Horde right after the war and one of those details included former loyalists either switching their allegiances, getting thrown into jail or leaving town. So now Horde RP is kind of back to the way it was before the loyalist and rebel RP began.

But now everyone is wondering where the Horde goes from here, even lore characters do. I doubt faction lore will be a big deal in the next expansion so maybe there’s a slight chance we’ll get a novel in between that will give away some details but I don’t think we’ll be seeing the Horde repeat its mistakes the third time any time soon.

11 Likes

Anyway to avoid such future?

Not anymore

5 Likes

Damn it… :cry:

People forget that the roleplay community is a community of communities with inner communities made up of even smaller communities. It’s why talk of “-race- community is BAD” has always annoyed me.

While i’ve voied several times that the Horde shoulda gone group-led over warchief post-Garrosh. I think that, if handled right, the Horde could get some decent lore from where it’s left atm.

2 Likes

I think it’s a lot easier to avoid drama than most people seem to believe. Keep things IC, focus on your RP, don’t take any bait and the chances are you’ll keep yourself free from it.

10 Likes

the real challenge tbh is that drama is just really fun in the moment and I think everyone sneakily knows that.

8 Likes

Yeah :pensive:

I do my best not to let myself get invested in it like I used to, but I don’t always succeed.

There is just a lot of bad blood OOC between people it seems. That is not something that is easily fixed, if it can be fixed at all anymore.

I do not think that the Horde RP community will ever be united again.

5 Likes

The fact there’s so much bad blood to begin with should seem really weird to all of us. World of Warcraft is a video game and roleplay is a hobby. Why should we get to the point where we detest other players so much that we actively wish for them to be removed from the game or for their roleplay to be ended?

18 Likes

That concept just breaks down the moment you join a community though because of the OOC involvement that comes with it. Of course the solution to that would be to not get involved with any of the communities, but that’s also not ideal. My current community just offers the most consistently good RP that exists on this server.

Also it’s just exciting to watch the drama, as Tehya said.

4 Likes

Precisely. It should not be so. But I am not sure if it can be fixed.

1 Like

True, that reminds me how people got so hyper active over things OOC there are guilds that STILL ignore each other to this day over things that are way bigger than simple accusations of metagame and powerplay.

2 Likes