[Discussion] IC Racism is perfectly fine in Warcraft

The adventurers act on behalf of a faction though. Atleast until they become the heroes of the story.

As for the fact that there is corruption doesn’t imply that any form of violence goes.

Technically it’s the executors/guards that do put up posters. Most likely wanted posters have a signature of sort and aren’t done by “anyone”. Note how to collect your reward you have to turn the quest to a local officer who knew of the poster himself/herself.

There are episodes of citizen demanding someone’s head for this or that purpose, but the target is always an enemy of said faction (like the blood elf in stonetalon asking for a dryad’s head). If it isn’t so then it’s shady business done in a para-legal way (rogue quests)

1 Like

And a faction’s denizens or in this case adventurers don’t always agree with what’s being ordered. I think that’s been covered, like, way too much at this stage so let’s not even get into it.

I mean, I’m wholly talking about murdering a void elf in Stormwind + having the local forces turn a blind eye (or maybe even be the ones responsible in the first place), so I’m not going to argue it’s legal lol.

Hey I’m racist OOC, I dont like spiders and flies

An00b’arak: what is that supposed to mean??

An00b’arak: oh i get it

An00b’arak: bc im an arachnid???

An00b’arak: and how could i possibly install a thermostat without thumbs

Kel’Thuz4d: no no no

Kel’Thuz4d: well ok yeah how would that actually work

An00b’arak: im sure i dont know…im just an arachnid

An00b’arak: guess what im not ashamed of what i am

An00b’arak: >8< spider pride

4 Likes

I… that was clever. kudos to you.

1 Like

phylumists everywhere smh

I remember when the Worgen was released, I thought that the noblemen and powerful ladies would react a bit negative with some well deserved healthy DESERVING IC SKEPTICISM to the hulking cursed walking beasts now swarming the cathedral square…Especially after the constant ceaseless “DERP UR A DEATH KNIGHT CANT BE IN STORMWIND” nonstop crusades.

They reacted with…“NICE DOGGIE! Who’s a good boy? Flirtatious maiden banter showing of her new dog beast companion”

When trying to counter the floodgates and portraying my mage as a sane skeptical stormwind citizen who now had his home infested with a cursed beast like neighbor. I was surrounded by two Stormwind guard guilds, A nobleman and his full armored retinue of green and gold uniforms. Told that my character was a threat to the peace of the city, Marched to the Stockades under said two guard guilds and under the watch of a certain retinue, all while enduring a barrage of worgen IC loling and being confused by my IC reacting skepticism.

Not only do i feel the place IC RACISM has in this universe is lost on half the server, Even healthy skepticism of having OGRES joining alliance and chasing gnomes to the street chanting. “I want my baby back ribs” is frowned upon by the high lords of Terr…I mean Cathedral square.

It’s failed to capitalize on any reaction to a race release, until the announcement of Zandalari…Son i’m not mad, I’m just disgustingly disappointed.

6 Likes

ate elves
ate alliance
ate trolls
ate non grimthot tauren

simple as

Some say the green of their armor is real jade.

7 Likes

I’m fine with people hating void elves for as long as my character can hate people for hating void elves because he likes them. :upside_down_face:

Sadly I think it’s a combination of two rather ridiculous factors put together. Firstly we’re told or rather its chanted at us from all directions in all consumed MSM in the real world about the abject “h o r r o r” of being called the “R Word” as some sort of apocalyptic appelation to be granted to you.
This first has a chilling effect on the less bright players since many can’t differentiate between what you’re saying as a player and what your character is saying.
Thus: “OMG UR CHARACTER IS RACIST U MUST BE RACIST.” Becomes a mind-numbingly simplistic retort to it.

Secondly, and quite opposite to the first issue you have players using it as a trope simply for the grim and dark e-d-g-e factor, no doubt taking tremendous and OD levels of source inspiration from the likes of Warhammer and (unfortunately) recently, the Witcher.
Of course this is done with about the subtly of taking a (literal) warhammer to a chestnut, and the tactness of trying to sell meat to a vegetarian.

The combined result is when it’s done with some sense you get screeching hordes of the former jumping on you thinking you’re actually the later trying to go out of your way to offend someone, while they blithely give a pass to the absolutely insane reactions (i.e Void Elf lynchings, Tauren horn sawing, Elf ear cuttings) because they’re actually good buddies with the ones who’re doing it.

Why dont high elf rpers just use the lock point technique to keep their high elf forms from the toy permanent so they can rp high elves forever.

2 Likes

How could you say such a thing? How dare you ask them to make a modicum of effort to not look like their smurfy void corrupted cousins

2 Likes

sarcasm overload

What even is a lock point technique…?

It sounds like something Monks would teach you.

4 Likes

Chi is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be… unnatural.

Good morning! Racism what is it?

Jokes aside, personally I was witness multiple times to be addressed myself and my guildmates to be OCC racists too. I think every intelligent player can understand that what an IC char. says is completely different what OCC could think about that.

Anyway I think if there are real ICly reason to be xenophobic, it’s fine with that.

3 Likes

Something many people today don’t know.

I have characters that are racist and I have characters that pretty neutral and chill to all races.
I guess I would get suspicious OOC if one person is playing/played for a long period ONLY racist characters and if all RP they provide builds around ONLY that character trait. But still, it would be in my power to avoid that person OOC and IC if I become bored or uncomfortable for some reason. Just wave and walk away.

https://i.gyazo.com/ffde7003dfce00e6c81b3cf695d42462.jpg

3 Likes