[Discussion] IC Racism is perfectly fine in Warcraft

dang, king anduin giving out permits to kill draenei??

1 Like

Also I summon Telaryn to quote lord of the clans whereinwhich it is stated that orcs really hate being called greenskins.

Yeah, it’s what I meant, sorry!

The closest we have to that is the void elves honestly, and they were already traitors to the Horde long prior.

Not only that, some blood elf NPCs on Throne of Thunder have blue eyes and I think I saw somewhere that high elves that were with Alleria and lived in Outland would get green eyes.

1 Like

blood elf and high elf is just ur politcal sway they are genetically the same race

2 Likes

Please hold your horses until the next Jaggerhawk post appears

6 Likes

This tbh!!

I hope your character never meets any of the neutral factions. :eyes:

This. The biggest derp rp times was seeing people unironically rping and muttering about the “darn night elf refugees”.

1 Like

When do we get to see goblins in Stormwind, btw?

At Winter Veil.

1 Like

my undead has and my undead has also immediately tried to kill these neutrals

3 Likes

BRO?

WINTER VEIL?

THE SECOND HAND OF THE SI7 IS A GOBLIN?

ALSO THE VALENTINES EVENT?

HJELLO?

4 Likes

You already did, the Storwmind Barber, before he was hauled off to the Stockades.

Yeah I was looking at Renzik like two minutes ago and I’m pretty sure I spelt his name wrong.

Goblins seem quite common visitors to stormwind / ironforge as both the comics and books show. Hell, the 2nd in command of SI:7 is a goblin.

5 Likes

Not anymore.

He’s been re-classified as a Gnome.

This is true, also Forsaken were lynched in orgrimmar by angry orcs after wrathgate in Bloodsworn.

5 Likes

Setting-appropriate racial prejudices are fine (we have quite a lot of them displayed in-universe), provided they’re not cringeworthy “coalskin” comments directed at some invented animosity to darker-skinned humans.

To actually answer the question, I think many RPers don’t appropriately separate the in-universe understanding of prejudice from the real life version of it. Azeroth is a world where races are literally different species, often with long histories of conflict and animosity.

16 Likes

“But what about the Goblin/Gnome couple in that novel & Mechagon? Surely that means my gnome can go join the Horde or my Goblin can join the Alliance!”