(Discussion) New cinematic is damage control ?

Hello Everyone.

The new cinematic, was totally unexpected for me.

I have seen a lot of comments, but one pattern seems to emerge, Saurfang.

If we look from Old Soldier, Lost Honor till now, Activision blizzard seems very keen in making all the Horde players to go with Saurfang train.

For me, while I enjoyed it, I was already part of that train before it departed.

But for the players that are on Sylvana’s side I don’t think this will change their minds.

I have seen a lot of complaints by the Alliance players that the Horde is getting too much attention, which is justified.

But my question is: Does the Alliance, on the verge of breaking apart as the Horde does ?

Right now if Anduin would issue a war quest to the Alliance players, I believe everyone would answer, even Night Elf’s players.

Can Sylvana’s say the same ?
From my part is a balantly NO.
First Warchief ever I wouldn’t lift a finger to fight for. With all due respects for the Horde players that support her.

I think Activision blizzard may have opened a pandora box with Sylvana’s/Saurfang conflict inside the Horde, that’s the only explanation I can find for the 3rd CGI cinematic in BfA.

What is your opinion ?

Thanks for your attention.

Cheers.

6 Likes

It is trash and damage control.
How many cinematics CGI ones that is they made for Saurfang already?
They couldn’t even make a normal cinematic for Tyrande’s ascension into Night Warrior.
We get Anduin and his repulsive face opening a cage door in CGI…
Alliance Bias ofc.
Also why would Sylvanas send 2 noob rogues to kill Thrall out of nowhere? How is that logical? and this question is coming from someone who hates Sylvanas!

15 Likes

no - it should be, considering all the potential sources of conflict there are, but they get glossed over so quickly in favour of telling manduin or jaina’s stories

what’s worse - having yet another civil war story arc or having to watch cutscene after cutscene featuring the blandest characters in the faction?

1 Like

Petition to put Anduin into Saurfang’s cell.

6 Likes

Signed ! also make Greymane as Leader of the Alliance !

5 Likes

Petition to put every Alliance leader in a cell except Mathias Shaw. With 8.2 datamining it feels like he’s the only Alliance character left who actually despises the Horde.

Oh, and that dwarf who gives you the world quests during assaults. He’s pretty great too.

1 Like

Deal, but Greymane stays out.

He can be Shaws pet dog.

Kinda funny that we have reached such a point.

1 Like

Owwww here is a nice idea.

with painful expression Genn closes the jail door leaving a a frail man with metal mask on that covers his face. He speaks with heavy voice “I’m sorry boy, I need you to stay out of this”

1 Like

Blizzard is trying to push Horde players towards Saurfang’s plea.

But doing so while disregarding the fact that most players that oppose his current story are doing so almost exclusively out of spite, mainly for being dragged into yet another civil war story-line that will inevitably sacrifice core story components (be them characters, potential stories, or themes), in this borked altar of storytelling that was marketed as a faction war, but that ended up being something entirely different because some writers couldn’t keep their preconceived ideas, lack of creativity and bias, in their pants.

My two cents.

6 Likes

Im a zombie Blizz, stop trying to make the “honorable Horde” thing happen. I dont care. I just wanna kill more nelfs and humans.

3 Likes

i’d say this is further damage, people just getting more and more pissed.
BFA was marketed as a faction war, xpac. and this is certainly not that.
Might as well call (bfa) a fraudulent product, from a consumer perspective.

6 Likes

I dont see why the alliance are hating, the legion cinematic was so alliance biased , the broken shore had an alliance only quest that lead to an alliance only cinematic , they killed the King of the Zandalari.

I am not biased I want vengeance for Tyrande a cinematic for her as much as I hate her , I would love to see a Windrunner cinematic in the same format , but this is making sense with the story , as a Sylvanas loyalist this Saurfang cinematic still did not change my mind I loved the undead rogues in action !

3 Likes

It is not damage control. It is a planned part of the story.

These CGI cutscenes take months to design and render, along with lots of money.

You can’t pump out one of these things in a matter of days, similar to an ingame or 2D cutscene.

4 Likes

Oh? Rastakhan was the king of the Zandalari? Didn’t know that he was someone important. I thought he was just another generic troll guy in another generic troll raid.

^- Literally the Alliance if you don’t play through the Horde questlines in Zandalar.

That’s also the reason why they don’t make much sense.

How don’t they make sense? This cutscene was likely written during Legion’s endgame and rendered during the pre-patch.

They write these stories so far in advance that course correction is either impossible, or very difficult without the story becoming disjointed.

1 Like

“That’s the last of the soldiers. They’ll be calling up farmers next.”

^- This line never appears anywhere ingame neither is it referenced anywhere at all. You might think that such an information could be important for the Alliance, instead however you’re sending a squad on a suicide mission, and then you’re getting told how your faction is winning the whole war.

“At Lordaeron, you had the chance to take my life. Maybe even end the war.”

^- Saurfang never engaged Anduin ingame. If they’re talking about the fight in the courtyard this statement is pretty dumb, considering that several dozens of Alliance soldiers, Jaina, Alleria and Genn were around and would have ripped Saurfang to shreds. Also Saurfang was already subdued.

“I can’t…Not alone.”

^- As off this point Saurfang has done absolutely nothing. The Alliance is winning the war as mentioned before and as such the whole statement falls apart.

“Lost Honor” is probably the worst cinematic in that regard. And we don’t even talk about the BfA-Cinematic itself, as everything happening in that one was retconned out as soon as the pre-patch launched.

Didn’t stop them in Warlords of Draenor now, did it?

Cinematics take a long time to make. It was going to be released, no matter what.

It’s not really about who’s winning or not, it’s more about being left out of the story I think. Right now if you don’t play Horde you feel at best like an annoying sidekick, at worst you don’t even get to see or know whole chunks of story, and that’s kind of lame by itself, but it’s fine, we don’t always have to be balanced.

BUT

That’s fine for a while, not really for a whole expansion, and as of now you can see that, atleast up until 8.2 which is more than half expansion, we’ll mainly be talking about Horde. It’s not even that Alliance side things aren’t happening, that whole Tyrande thing could have been turned into an internal civil war but… No. It just won’t be developed any further.

That said, I’m all for developing less content for a greater overall quality, but really, playing alliance feels like you’re missing out on a lot of things now. It was with Uldir at first, which at first I didn’t even really understand why I was there, then many more times after.

This is why I, having spent more time on Alliance side, feel a bit upset. That’s no problem of course, I will play on my Horde characters and who cares, but I guess not everybody is really happy about it… And yea, it’s a bit of a shame really. I was totally ready for an internal cold war, but nevermind

1 Like

Considering that Alliance players pay their subs too, Blizzard should, at least, TRY to act professional ONCE and give everyone their fair share. Keeps the so much wanted money flow running, no?.

How obtuse one has to be not to realize that both factions (since this game is based on two factions) have to be kept happy to call this expansion a success?

2 Likes