Discussion of fistweave builds and their stat weights (M+ oriented)

Hi all!

Posting from an alt account because I accidentally said a bad word (oops) but here is my main character’s armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/saurfang/kihm

TL;DR: I’m looking for someone with technical knowledge of fist/kickweaving to try and find a haste soft-cap and other stat weightings.

I do all both PvE and PvE content, but this post will focus on M+

Monk is hands-down my favourite class, and healing has always been my preferred role. Watching the forums there are a lot of people complaining and “monk is dead!” posts - but I have no intention of rerolling to stick with the meta. And I’d love to create a space for positive discussion (you’re welcome to talk about classes weaknesses too, of course).

I’ve read guide upon guide, resource upon resource, but they are all aimed at the ‘best’ spec, or the most cookie-cutter. Nothing that tells you the information you actually need to go your own way if you don’t fit that mold.

Disclaimer: This post is brought to you by Kihm-Saurfang, 10/10H, 2/10M, 1.3k io, and 1.6k rather in 2s.
So I am by no means the creme of the crop, but I’m also not rubbish.

Now that the intro is out of the way, the crux of it is:

I consider my build to be Full Kickweaver, meaning:

• Ancient Teachings of the Monastery legendary
  • 0 mastery

This has served me very well in both PvP and PvE, but now that things are stabilising a bit, I’d like to get a dedicated PvE set.

If anyone knows the best way to figure out stat weights for a full-time MW who rarely uses mastery - that would be fab

With that over with, I’d love to hear from some of other of you wonderful monk healers and how you’re going about things! Your build setups, stat distributions, your covenant, and why you chose that one. Bonus points if you can explain how smoothly it fits into your playstyle :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway, so, so sorry for such a long post! I was just wanting to have a positive discussion for a change about such a wonderful class!

Bonus Points to whoever can point me to a resource that could help me learn the technical side of things so I don’t have to ask these questions in future.

I’m a maths graduate so theorycrafting should be within my forte.

These are my current stats, in stat prio order: I use this for pretty much everything.
Crit: 20% / Versatility: 12% > Haste 13% + 1% Food Buff > iLvL > Mastery: 70%

Crit/Vers will be your go to stat. It increases the heals, and makes them crit. So good all around.

For haste, I prefer to keep my haste under 15%. Because when you reach ~14% haste, your Rising Sun Kick CD will be changed from 11 sec to 10 sec. So any haste over 15% won’t help you that much.

Mastery in raiding isn’t that useful for Fistweavers. It only contributes to your Renewing Mist, Vivify, Enveloping Mist and Expel Harm cast. (Not the ticks)
In dungeons it does get a bit more use since you’ll be hard casting Vivify when your group takes continuing damage.

Mastery also gets some bonus points if you have Chi’Ji in M+, since it will be proccing your Mastery when you cast Blackout Kick, Rising Sun Kick and Spinning Crane Kick. However, since I’m Kyrian, I get that Mastery need from my Weapons of Order.

If you want to check some resources, you could also visit https://peakofserenity.com/category/mistweaver/ or the monk discord https://discord.com/invite/peakofserenity

Some more info and stats.

PvE:

• iLVL: 221
  • Spec: Rising Mist & ATotm
  • Vers: 21% (844)
  • Crit: 20% (492)
  • Haste: 12% (404)
  • Mast: 44% (88)

PvP:

• iLvL 218
  • Spec: Rising Mist & ATotM
  • Vers: 29% (1,146)
  • Crit: 18% (313)
  • Haste: 7% (203)
  • Mast: 39% (49)

I have a request from your smarter-than-I people:

1. What is the haste soft-cap that you want as a first priority?

2. What are the stat weights (ideally for Pawn) for this particular build (all numbers I can find are for ToM and/or mastery builds).

For the stat weights, please bear in mind:

• Small - Medium packs: I rarely use anything other than Essence Font and full kick rotation (adjusting as necessarily)
  • Big - messy packs: While still trying to stick to the above tactic, I’ll also switch to turret-healing and using bigger CDs (WoO Chi-ji is a godsend)

Also something I forgot to mention. https://questionablyepic.com/live/UpgradeFinder

Basically a sim for healers.

Thanks for your responses! Will check out all these resources :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.