Discussion on whether LFD and LFR should be removed

I think they should remove LFR and LFD from the game in my opinion. To be honest, opinions vary but i believe that when the LFR and LFD system was introduced the game felt more like a action RPG rather than a MMORPG.

Lets compare it to classic, (and no, i am not one of those classic loving retail hating dweebs that only have one opinion), the first few weeks of the game was magical to me because the idea that i must talk to individuals and organize ourselves in order to complete a dungeon or raid.

Now, with retails dungeons and raids with classics mmorpg elements then i truly believe that the game would grow more.

But then again, iā€™m for you guys to respond and give me some opinions. But please, when replying do not create a chaotic argument on if classic is better than BFA because what iā€™m giving is a discussion on if the game should remove it rather than making such a statement.

Why should we attach any weight to your opinion?

I personally donā€™t do lfr but its something many people do. How does its existence negatively impact you?

once again, iā€™m not saying that it has any impact on me personally but i just wanted to have a discussion on what people feel about the system and whether or not they wish for it to be removed.

Its just a post, noone needs to attach any weight on my opinions but i want to see other opinions so that i get a understanding on what peopleā€™s stances are on the system.

i agree sould be remove or sould be made so thet tourist mode thet all sould be whit relly crap loot

I think you should better go play classic as there is no LFR LFD there.
We cant transform Retail to classic so that you will like it since you already have classic for this reason.

LFR and LFD exist so paying customers who bought this expc or previous ones will see the full storyline that is attached to raiding and dungeons of it.

As said before, we cant remove the right of these people to see the product they payed for without joining a raid/guild just because you forum warriors insist on it.

I understand where you are coming from, and i get that most people need LFR and LFD in order to enjoy the games story line and play.

I just wanted to start this discussion to see if people would consider the option. I do play classic, but iā€™m more of a retail guy and i get the reason as to why people would want to have LFR and LFD to experience the story, but wouldnā€™t the experience be better if people spoke and tried to find a group.

I use LFD and the problem that i kept seeing 80% of the time (the other 20% were great people) are people who either played the dungeon before thus they want to rush the experience than reading through the story and skipping cinematics.

I remember that i wanted to watch a cinematics during one of the dunegons and was kicked because i didnā€™t ā€˜skip itā€™.

There are more problems that i had encountered, but thats for another forum if iā€™m bothered to make it.

making groups with people similar to you would allow people to read through the story and speak to people about it.

But then again, i truly understand where you are coming from.

Why?.. is there actually a point in such a thingā€¦ Majority of Modern MMORPGS do have both these functions on the Least rewarding content for the sake of quest completions.

not really, as there super ignored content its Just the ā€œStory modeā€ of the game which oftenly is done in such a manner. its pretty much the same throughout MMORPGS.

Yes and content that is Passed by the majority becomes entirely dead Because No one can get a group for any of the contentā€¦ litterally the content dies so quickly comparitively. LFD and LFR allow players to just queue in the background without losing the 1-3hours having to sit on a Dungeon door.

theres just no positives for their removal at all, Its not competitive contentā€¦ its a Story mode of the game for players who arent social nor want to be. its content that pretty much dies at the end of the Levelling phaseā€¦ and LFRs just to get rid of that annoying quest in your Log.

at this pointā€¦ both sides of this content are pretty much uselessā€¦ and Just keep a few players happy among its existance. its not like we seriously gonna make a Premade group for a Heroic Dungeon is it?.. itā€™d be a waste of our time.

during BFA Releaseā€¦ im pretty sure Heroic dungeons were done by like before 3 Days of its Launch outside Slower levellersā€¦ most Dove straight into Mythic+0 Dungeons Immediately.

its on the LFD/LFR Systems as its completely skippable content.

if anything the only improvements i could see to it.

is these modes are Solo modes done with AIs (like FFXIVs Easymode difficulty dungeons) where u just queue to go into these enviroments Solo with the NPCs and complete a Easymode tutorial of the fightsā€¦ the Rewards are low enough for this to be acceptable at this point.

if we could experience the Story mode of the game in a Solo enviromentā€¦ i think itā€™d just be More enjoyable comparitivelyā€¦ as LFD/LFR Are horrific enviroments to be among.

1 Like

What exactly did you understand?

the idea that people need LFR and LFD to enjoy the story and that people are casual in the game and might not have time to find a team and run the dungeon.

I feel like you are trying to start a argument, but iā€™m just trying to see what people feel about that.

You expressed your feelings about LFR, i politely explained you why i would like the oposite.

Now if someone does not agree with you is trying to start an argument?

I dont need lfr, but there are people who do it and they actually need the casual low ilvl gear it gives in a very easy and fast way.

I agree with you here that maybe there is no positives in removing it, maybe iā€™m wrong about it.

The idea to making a story mode element to the dungeon as a environment for people that are casuals would probably make the game more fun for them due to them being surrounded by those that are also new to the game.

I donā€™t think however, that they should make dungeons have a solo environment, thats just my taste but then again maybe people would rather have that.

Its two ways reallyā€¦

its a MMORPG So should encourage group play, and if corruption/titanforging existed at the same time as a Solo version of this contentā€¦ itā€™d be REALLY badā€¦ but without those systems the gear rewards are never going to be a encouragement to remain within those systems.

but as Players, if their antisocial notihng will change that, if tghey dont want a guild nothings gonna make em want a guild, all u can really do, is Seperate it enough to appease both crowds of players

LFR being a Solo feature awarding gear at the lowest rung for the sake of story, would give tghose casual players a low time consuming measure to see the storyā€¦ while the rest of us could ignore the features existance as we dont need to worry about its existance.

imho, having Solo visions awarding 470 gearā€¦ and torghast coming through which will reward MUCH higher then anything LFR wise. i dont see the harm at this point in just structuring the storymode gameplay as Soloable also.

i can see why solo content shouldnt exist in a MMORPGā€¦

but i can also see with how MMORPGS have evolved and New crowds of players who populate themā€¦ i do think WoW could really Push both simultaniously without them stepping on one anothers toes.

Well, they already made it in a way that nothing significant drops there (Legendaries in Legion f.e., tier sets, high ilvl etc etc). If you want to accomplish the real deal, then you are going to need to do it semi old fashioned anyways.

And as for LFD, we really need this as it is right now until they merge the dead servers together, so they actually have a chance to be in a meaningful (raid-)guild.

imho, i think itā€™d be Decent, itā€™d give players a Solo enviroment to learn tactics on a Easy difficulty and get the ropes of their class within the contentā€¦ this would give people a stress free enviroment to practice.

if anything i could only imagine this would encourage players to go forward and try the harder difficulty raids, as theyā€™d build confidence in a enviroment they cant be shouted atā€¦

not to mention practicing Tanking and healing without a group screaming at you.

With titanforging, corruption, etc being removed in Shadowlands I think a lot of the frustration with LFR will go away, since people canā€™t get Mythic quality loot with 8 players laying dead during the entire encounter. From what Iā€™ve in the comments from players who dislike LFR, this seems to have been their biggest complaint.

If Blizzard removed LFR a few things would happen:
-People who just play WoW for the story/lore are now locked out of that content. The are left with a lesser gaming experience, and less stuff to do. Maybe they will just quit the game?
-In a desperate attempt to do the raids they try to join a pug. Most likely they get treated like crap for not being the best player and are kicked from the group and discouraged from trying again. Again, maybe they simply just quit the game?

Iā€™m trying to see any major, positive outcome from removing LFR, but I really donā€™t.

Let me ask you this @Rykerr: How will the removal of LFR make your gaming experience better, except knowing that itā€™s not there?

1 Like

On the contrary, LFG and LFD should be available for every difficulty, including Mythic and Mythic plus. Let the system sort out itself, if people use this option, then it has to be there.

And no, not everyone likes communicate and socialize. Many ppl prefer to just sign on LFG, get in, do their stuff and get out. This is how game works now. You want to remove it, but think about the consequences for those people who use that now.

If you do understand that, as you say, why would you consider denying them that?

Removing easy access to easy content benefits no one.

remove lfr pls it need go

pls thera dont boter most want it gone

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.