Disgusting customer support

I have purchased subscription around 30 hours ago, but I haven’t received the product yet! Although the money was deducted from my account! I have contacted my bank and they reassured me that the problem isn’t on their end. Blizzard customer ‘‘support’’ ignores me for many hours despite my ticket. I always knew you were like ‘‘money first - customer service second’’ company but this is a new low. I guess if this was China censorship thingy you would have interfered immediately .

If you’ve contacted your bank, what did your bank said the status of your funds appeared to be?

Currently the ticket average waiting time seems to be up to 5 days as there are many players with questions for Support. If it’s available you should come back tomorrow and try to select Livechat/Callback for your issue:
Phone Callback (Open hours: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM BST, Open hours: 8:00 PM - 9:45 PM BST)
Live Chat (Open hours: 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM BST)

But when your payment fails and Blizzard hasn’t received the money you usually get it back and it may take a couple business days-weeks depending on bank/payment method used.

The transaction is confirmed and the funds were transferred immediately. The problem is on Blizzard. Its sad to see a multimillion-dollar business having so poor reflexes on a such simple ‘‘problem’’. 5 days? I won’t wait up to 5 platypus ’ days to get support for a service I already payed 32 hours BEFORE, this is 2019 not the 80’s. I will just reject the payment in the morning and gtfo . They are totally platypus , as I see in the forum many other have similar problems with payment.

As all payments can take up to 24 hours to be processed, your bank most likely reserved your funds awaiting the Blizzard payment processor to take it. Since you’ve seen other threads in the forums, there are also support articles explaining the payment process in more detail.

It takes 5 days for you to reach the front of the queue where other players also have problems and are waiting patiently.

And as stated, there are other options if you can catch them during office hours. Tickets are always supported 24/7.

There is NO SUCH THING within the card payment environment. No retailer has realtime debit/credit, I can asssure you of that considering I work in the card payment industry. The transaction is “authorised” and the money held back from your available balance pending the transaction going trough at its fastest, overnight, sometimes longer.

The only immediate funds transfer is a CHAPS payment which is a specific business bank transfer, has a fee and cannot be done by card.

Either you platypus at your work or you just don’t understand what i’m saying which makes me go back to number 1.

Clearly I must, working in the card industry for 20 years and one level below the managing director, but what ever makes you happy.

1 Like

Hey Apotinalli,

Your payment has not gone through, which is why you are having trouble logging in. Have a look here for more information.

Additionally, please read the Community Code of Conduct before posting again or creating new threads. You can find the Code of Conduct here: http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

It’s funny how every response I’ve received from a GM or costumer support agent is just a lucky guess or just a blatant assumption and none actually have the knowledge to solve my problem (for almost 2 days now). I knew that lack of proper education and low work ethic always been an issue with blizzard’s customer ‘‘support’’ but boy, that’s too infuriating.

1 Like

:roll_eyes: take a breath and relax, jeez. Nothing of this helps when dealing with Customer Support.

Did you go through that link yet?

When a card payment is made, that money is usually pulled out of your bank temporarily, think of it like this.

You ask your friend to give money to someone on your behalf right ?
well that friend doesn’t see the person they need to give the money to in the next few days. That friend will give you the money back. It’s how all card payments work. it is temporarily held in a sort of limbo, it doesn’t go to blizzard immediately as it usually has to be processed. So I know it’s stressing you out, and I get that we’ve all been there, but the money will usually come back into your account with a few business days as someone kindly pointed out earlier. in the meantime just try to be patient with it and it will solve itself, and if you need to you can remake the payment when it’s back in.

Depending on your bank it can take between 3 - 5 business days in total

Hi there Apotinalli!

I understand that delays regarding money are indeed a bit stressing. But what was mentioned here previously was correct. Banks perform Authorization Holds before actually delivering your payment and Blizzard does not have access to the funds held in this state.

Make sure to check your purchase on the transaction history as only after your purchase is in a complete state, will it be delivered to your account.

Keep in mind that Transaction Holds are a normal part of the process and while I understand having to wait is never great, we cannot make it complete faster or even make the funds available again in your bank account faster, in case the purchase fails.

Cheers!

1 Like

I have the same exact problem… My ticket has not been answered yet either… My gametime ends tomorrow and on the " GAMES & SUBSCRIPTIONS" page it says the next billing date will be tomorrow 11 Oct…
And the funds has also been withdrawn from my account but yet to appear as gametime.

Calm down. Thats normal. You may be unable to play for a few hours, but in like 90% you never even notice it ended because its going fluidly over in the new time.

I don’t understand. What are you guys doing? Paying over wire transfer? :o

1 Like

Regular mastercard for me. Still no money back from blizzard it’s still in “reserved”

Did you read the information above and in the support articles? The money is being reserved by your card/bank and didn’t reach Blizzard for whatever reason. Some cards/banks hold your funds in reserve for much longer than others. If it’s been ridiculously long, you should contact them.

I did contact my bank and they said it was nothing they could do and it was all on blizzards side. So i’m a bit confused, because right now my money is in limbo…

Heya Damagè, we can’t discuss individual account payment issues on the forums but as a general rule if the order is in a failed state, that means your money is in the reserved state as mentioned above and will be sent back to you automatically.

It can be frustrating having to wait but if you are in this situation, that’s all that can be done.

If you ever find in your transaction history that an order is in a shipped or completed state and you have not got the product you paid for, contact our support team for assistance.

Looking at this thread I’m happy I don’t work in customer support anymore.

Set up for automated renewal and avoid these situations? Transactions can be put on hold for various reasons, usually the game time is added once the bank confirms the transaction, not when the transaction itself goes through.

The only time the business sends the product, either physical or electronic, after the money is received, is when you wire it. And even then if you provide proof of payment everything is fine.

Work with blizzard and not against them if you want this process to be sped up.