Dispels are huge issue

I’m a little bit tired already of playing lobbys when I’m against Hunter, Ret and Disc, H Priest, Prevokerm, Mistweaver. Literally my gameplay is apply the dots again constantly. Same thing applies when I play SP. Dispel protection does literally nothing. They don’t care.

Ret is never a kill target as he will dispel every Flame Shock if he hits you. Hunters just Feign Death. Technically it’s 30 sec CD but add healer’s dispel on top. The problem happens when it’s Ret/Hunter and Disc playing 2x dispel. Literally your gameplay is more about re-applying Flame Shocks or Vampiric Touch. Then you have Mistweaver with Revival that is luckily gone next patch and H Pala with AoE dispel. This is just too much to dispel all dots every 8 sec. I get it H Pala is weak now and not represented much but in 10.1.5 it can change drastically. Prevoker also has Dream Projection as well but at least it requires people to stuck.

I’m seriously tired of re-applying my dot to use my main damage dealing spell. Vs these specs my gameplay turns into pressing Flame Shock and Primordial Wave on CD. My Fire Elemental has 0 value as every Flame Shock is dispelled. Same goes for SP. How are you supposed to deal damage and win a round? I accept the fact when someone outplays me and is literally better but how is H Pala better with pressing Dispel every 8 sec? Ret can literally Ignore me and just chase me…

Dispel protection is a joke… Why? Because if you dispel 3 UA as H Pala you get damage for each UA. When healer disepls multiple Flame Shocks or Stellar Flares he gets damage just for one. Anyway it still doesn’t stop healers from dispelling UA most of the times.

What worries me the most is that instead of getting away from passive dispels H Paladins gain Pure of Heart back and will dispel poisons and Diseases passively with just pressing heals. This is bad design and will hit Assassination Rogues, DKs and SPs even more. Literally SP playing vs H Paladin can literally give up as he will have 0 dots. Please Blizzard look into it.

8 Likes

I agree it’s a huge issue.
Also because it hits certain specs way to hard, while other aren’t affected at all.

Removing a spec from the game just by default isn’t a great game design, especially these days all that is matter is having the most uptime and dmg.

Tbh everytime I faced priest/pal and comp with hunter I can barely play the game, spending the majority of time casting VT (cause who the f care about a 3sec fear when your entire dmg is gone).

2 Likes

Just saying apart from Retri dispelling costs global :joy::joy:
As it costs global reapply a dot
You all want it easy win casters it’s not enough being overtuned already? My eyes

Would you find it fair if your bleeds were aoe dispeled on CD and you had to reapply it endlessly?

Sure boomy/ele don’t need to cast for it and 1 being the most op currently but it’s not the point of the topic, some match up you legit get no match by default how is that fair?

1 Like

It’s not fun gameplay, dot, dispel, dot, dispel,dot, dispel, just spamming dot and dispel.

Feel your pain as Unh DK

1 Like

agreed this is a major problem and its even more rampant in battlegrounds with decent enemies or double mws / rets trolling aoe dark iron dwarf trinket with blinding light
then you got turtle/revival/2x cleanse pr healer/cloak/million other things

all classes need better dispel protection and all dispel mechanics shouldnt immune the dispel protection like mws does else its just lame

Hot take: Dispel Protection shouldn’t exist, and neither should 50 ways to dispel exist.

1 Like

Well it costs global but it’s not a button that Retri won’t press anyway as Judgement buffs next spender and gives one Holy Power. So even if I press Flame Shock on CD I have one global to cast Lava Burst which is not enough. Basically how Ele damage works is you need Flame Shock on the target to crit your Lava Burst but also Flame Shock ticking on the target to get instant Lava Burst procs. On top of that after Lava Burst you get 20% more damage on Earth Shock and Earth Quake. Also your damage is higher once you cast more Lava Bursts with Primordial Wave. You get 10% extra Haste for each Lava Burst. That’s when Ele hits 40-60 k dps. It’s basically more procs and Flame Shock ticking faster. Once they all get dispelled Ele goes below 30 k.

In the past (Wrath and Cata) dispel protection was extra 30% casting speed so you could spam your enemy with Lightning Bolts. Nowadays it wouldn’t work as Lightning Bolt without Stormkeeper tickles.

So Ret is basically doing his rotation without losing any damage. Ele is literally shut down if you add Healer’s dispel to it. The best part is that there is one more spec that is shut down even more - Fire Mage. If Fire doesn’t play with Rogue but other caster every Judgement dispels Ignite. It’s just a horrible design that Ret by hitting Ele, Fire, SP makes him not a kill target for them and is basically unkillable unless you kill his healer first. Holy Paladin aoe dispel is also ridiculus. Imagine you used Flame Shock on 2 targets and he dispels everything every 8 secs. For Shadow Priest it’s even worse as he dispels VT, SW: P and DP with one button press from everybody.

And if we want to be really detailed Prevoker is also toxic towarda Feral and Assassination Rogues as he dispels their bleeds every minute. On top of that there are plenty of Dwarves and Dark Iron Dwarves who can dispel Death Mark on CD. It came to the point that Whaazz in AWC finals didn’t use his Death Mark ar alm so his bleeds were not removed.

P.S.:

I agree casters are priveleged at the moment. 3 most popular ones above 2100 are Destru, Boomy and Demo. It’s not a coincidence because even when you dispel Immolate he can hit hard. Boomy - Judgement dispels 1 dot and both of them have no CD and are instant. Also Boomy have a second dispel protection in form of PvP talent. Once you dispel Moonfire or Sunfire reaplied one deals 75% more dmg. And Demo is not based on dots at all. It’s not a coincidence that highest represented meele is Ret (I thought it will be Enha or Arms). Regarding meeles I also made a topic about kicks being too short and I play caster.

1 Like

I’d like to also add that theres too much junk in the game that needs to be dispelled anyways, which is probably why everyone and their mom now has a purge and some healers have multiple dispels.

I’m just waiting for one of the blizzard codemonkeys to have the idea to give Fury warrior an autopurge on rampage cause why not, literally slapping the buffs off people.

It’s been boring eversince BfA. They need to remove dispel protection from flameshock and instead give us 0 cd flameshock back again like we had during Legion or do something about dispels, but it likely won’t change, since that seems to be the class fantasy now for ele in PvP, to have to fight this constant battle against flameshock spam dispel and the cd of re-applying it. Fun times.

1 Like

Since I won’t be hone today. Could you post a random shuffle game and show others how our gameplay looks like. I would love everyone to see how “fun” it is not being able to deal damage pressing Flame Shock on CD. At least for now it’s 3 sec not 5 and H Paladin is not in the meta because once it is I probably unsub. All Flame Shock removal every 8 sec is just too much.

Waste of time, nothing will come from it. They are fully aware of this issue eversince people were complaining about it in the AWC discord back in BfA. Since then they have been trying to implement band-aid fixes (having a 2. cd that applies flameshock with primordial, dispel protection, surge of power being accessible for spreading it, giving us a talent to reduce it’s cd) instead of just going for the easy fix and getting rid of the damn cd.

I gave up trying to change this game for the better a while ago. I don’t know whether to admire the people that still have the strength and will to keep going or to pity you fools.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.