Divine storm in TWW

So there are quite a few talent in TWW that increases the dmg of Divine storm and kinda looks like its going a bit overboard for a nuke?

Vanguard of justice increases next DS by 30% stacking up 5 times so 150% (debuff on target)

Inquisitors ire 5% stacking up 10 tims so another 50%

Empyrian legacy 25%

Empyrian power 15%

Divine Purpose 10%

Burning crusade 5%

Thats a total increase of 255%. might be hard to get most of them at the same time but the 2 big ones are fairly easy leaving 205%-230% increase fairly consistently every 20 sec.

Add Judgment debuff and a FV with Wings its a fairly large nuke in one global.

Dont worry after 6 mounts they will nerf us and frost mage

Seems like Vanguard of justice has already been removed and replaced with Empyrian Legacy.

I do expect Templars strikes being nerfed aswell as the second strike does more dmg then Final verdict. Feels weird when a builder does more dmg then a spender.

I dont expect several things to change, get buffed or even get removed even tho they very much should “glances at Justicars Vengance”

The 3 points in Pony will remain
Auras in the tree will remain even tho they should be just be in our base kit.
Crusader aura is a dead talent even more so then Dev/Conc aura
Turn Evil should be a base kit spell
Rebuke should be base kit

Talents like Burning crusade and Blades of light shouldnt be in the tree at all.

“Turn X attacks holy dmg into holy dmg #2 or #3 and increase its dmg by 5%”

2 of those talents with a minimal increase of dmg and man do i have issues with holystrike and Radiant dmg but mainly Holystrike dmg.

“It travels the path of least ressistance” they say? It doesnt bypass abilities like BoP, AMS, cloak or Spellward so its stoped by everything. Wouldnt surprice me if armor decreased its dmg aswell.

The mana regen for Ret should be reverted and WoG shouldnt cost mana. Why is Ret self healing far more limiting then a Warrior, DH, Monk, Rogue, Hunter etc? Can they run out of healing over time?

I think the important thing to remember with DS, at least assuming that it hasnt been changed. Is that its capped to 5 targets. That’s its main weakness. Yes you can hit like a truck, but only to 5 targets, its not like flame strike for a mage which does equal damage to everything.

Things like Emperyian Power and Divine purpose are fairly low proc chance abilities so they dont really add that much, at least not consistantly to stack with other damage buffs. I also dont think they can stack together. You can get both procs, but you’d cast it twice for free, not a single with both buffs.

Im guessing some of those other things might get tweaked still and im not totally familiar with all the TWW changes coming, but honestly. I dont thinks its actually that much more damage than any other class is or can put down. Especially when you remember the 3-4 holy power cost of Divine storm that needs setting up first.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.