DIY - Night Elf Crest in beads

Thank you so much, Kump - and I am really happy to hear that, Cherwina - I hope to see which decorations will adorn your office then! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I really hope to tackle this project next :four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

Looking forward to it Alu! Good luck and I’m sure it’ll turn out great! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It lookes very complicated to do, But I bet the satisfaction when it’s done is worth it :hugs:

1 Like

It turns out, that it is indeed, very complicated. Well spotted, Moothilda!

In ways, I struggle more than I did when making the pattern of the Night Elf Crest! Half way through it though, I´m curious how it will turn out. :ribbon:

4 Likes

I can imagine - is it the colour balance? I was thinking colours and shades was one of the main problem, when you have to get all the details out :slight_smile:

1 Like

That Night Elf crest looks so amazing. I’ve been doing jewellery myself for more than 15 years, but I doubt I would have enough skill or patience to create something like this. You’re a really talented person. I’m looking forward to seeing more of your creations! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Moothilda Exactly that, yes; especially the green in so many varieties is tough to “capture”, with the selection of beads obtainable.

And the hard trick is to look away from the “draft/original pattern” and try to make it into what also looks nice and makes more “sense”.

And I think I might have made it a tad on the smaller side, but it has to fit on the wall in a specific place, so!

Will make the best of it :slight_smile:

Eledhwen Thank you so much. :slight_smile:

The Night Elf Crest really did take a lot of patience, and starting up again now on the Druid Crest makes me wonder, how I managed to pull through, truthfully!

Oh, can I convince you to show the jewelry you make? :ribbon:

5 Likes

Yeah, I can think you must end up re-designing your work some times before the feeling is right :slight_smile:

I believe you can to it, your others work proves you can :hugs::+1:

1 Like

Hmm, perhaps I could be convinced to do that, but I don’t think I can post pictures on the forums yet. I’m kind of new here. It requires trust level 3 or something like that, right?

1 Like

Moothilda Thank you for your sweet support :ribbon:

Eledhwen Oh, right, those pesky trust levels! You can always break the link a part a little, like this:
thislinktotallyworks becauseofbracketsinsneakyplaces . com :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Okay, thanks for the advice. Let’s see if I can make this work… :thinking:

https:// live. staticflickr . com/65535/49012184016_1fc1e8ff1c_c.jpg

https:// live. staticflickr . com/65535/49011691983_c210e7b9e8_c.jpg

https:// live . staticflickr . com/65535/49012223176_ffa1179efd_c.jpg

3 Likes

And I’ll put the pictures up for you… So pretty :heart_eyes::hugs:

Gosh they are awesome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Thank you so much for your lovely comment, Moothilda :blush:

3 Likes

Those are absolutely beautiful, Eledhwen !

Uh, I adore that first one so much - the combination of the two colours :slight_smile: Thank you for sharing them :butterfly:

5 Likes

Thank you, Alunaria! I’m glad to hear you like them. And I won’t be posting anymore pictures here - this thread is about your beautiful creations, not mine. I hope your new project is going well and you’ll be able to show it to us all soon :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

This is seriously fantastic! One day if I find all of my beads from when I was a kid I might try this, because this is truly inspiring. Great job! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment here, I appreciate it a lot. :butterfly:

Eledhwen - I hope to see more of your creations - perhaps in a thread of your own then? :slight_smile:

Marquise You do that! I am glad if it can be an inspiration - it is very fullfilling to craft like this, I think. Thank you :slight_smile:

It is done! I will post the results during the holidays, I hope. And just taking the opportunity now to wish you all a joyful Christmas and a very Happy New Year - may it be everything you hope for :star2:

5 Likes

Happy New Year everyone :slight_smile:

Slightly delayed but here it is. :four_leaf_clover:

This was in ways more challenging than the Night Elf Crest, especially due to the lack of bead-variety in green colours. The different structures in leaves and wood was not easy to “capture” either.

But overall I am happy with the result and how it turned out - in particularly after I stopped staring at the template and just made it into my own.

The procedure was identical to how I made the Night Elf Crest - low techy, but it works for me, so why change what ain´t broken, right :slight_smile:

A few pictures of the process.

That was really it :slight_smile: Hope it can be an inspiration out there - and perhaps help with settling on a pattern if you make it yourself. As said, coming up with the pattern is by far what takes the most time.

Happy weekend everyone :butterfly:

7 Likes

Looks amazing, just like your previous ones! I never was into making stuff like this but i always could appreciate the amount of work others have put into project like these. Congratulations, they all look very realistic and detailed. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like