DK Blood/Frost

Im playing again with them,was maining blood back in Cata, but now i feel they are underwelming regarding damage/changed too much from what i remember.
Can anyone help me with them?

Regarding Blood DK i can still tank and i tank in random dungeons and i think i’m still good at it (minus the random deaths at some mechanics i don’t know,overstimate my and the healer power xD ), but frost seems to rely a LOT from procs…without those i hit like a noodle in comparison of my Survival Hunter, which seems a lot OP 300/400 dps average with frost and above 1000 with the hunter with two skills…i see numbers that i dream of on the DK’s 1500/2000 constant damage with mongoose bite, kill command bombs…sometimes i see 700/800 with a proc Obliterate.

I’m doing something wrong or the scaling is off the charts? ( so far the survival hunter is the most powerfull toon i have and none of the others can come close at the same level,all my toons are 20/40 where my dk is 45 and hunter 38). Gear wise,crappy quest items and some heirlooms.

Any tips are apreciate, mostly for DK and if there is a way to make the Blood DK less tanky but more deadly im up to it as well.

I can’t speak to BDK. I never played it. I hope someone more familiar comes along to help.

I can say that numbers are WEIRD when levelling. Scaling is distorted. Levelling nowadays is pretty much The Upside Down, and the numbers you “see” are scaled by some formula related to your level. You get weaker as you level. And the twisted geometry of what happens when there’s a large disparity of level between tank and healer would stump Einstein himself.

This Is Known.

I can also say that classes don’t really have their toolkit start to form until about level 40, so there are huge gaps in capability below that.

I can also say, from logs and reading people kvetching on the forums, that Unholy is performing better than Frost at the moment.

I looked up Warcraft Logs for M+ Dungeons at max level, and see that BDKs are sorta OK-ish. Warrs and Pallys are the currently favoured tanks, but DK comes in at #3. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/32/
Sort the numbers in order of parses and you will see the relative popularity of each spec in max-level dungeons.

I looked up Icy Veins, but they don’t have a specifically DPS-leaning Blood build:

I also briefly checked out Acherus, the DK Discord, but didn’t see anything informative. I didn’t see DPS-heavy builds, and most of the talk was about tricks and tactics for Mythic-Plus.

Hmm, thanks for your time, is the dps is kinda weird by a lot, resto shamans at level 12 doing 1200 dps by spamming chain lighting meanwhile , everyone else is sub 100 (strangely enought never happens to me, i tried resto shaman, but nothing cool happens) then an Arcane Mage joined while i was tanking with the bdk, 40k dps, oneshotting everything with the boom blasting low level skill which i forgot the name.

Btw, i feel weird playing unholy right now, i always end up in downtimes because i finish the runes,waiting,following a basic " rotation " doesn’t really work, it feels slow compared to videos and frost rely a lot on procs, without, the damage suc bananas, but when it procs its somewhat okay-ish.

Ah’m tellin’ ya, kid, it’s the Twilight Zone out there. :rofl:

Level 10s joining BfA dungeons with no idea what they’re doing but blowing the place up anyway has become a meme on the forums.

Just don’t take any of it seriously until you hit 60. It’s a :clown_face: show.

I want to be a clown too lol, jokes aside, i don’ t know how that works or how they do that, i even tried it with heirlooms, but my dps it looks normal, always, except hunter survival.

Sorry, you still haven’t got it.

When I referred to Einstein, I wasn’t just kidding. It’s all like Relativity now - different observers see different things.

A level 10 might see hinself doing 100 dps on the meters, but a level 50 in the same dungeon might see him as doing 10K dps.

That’s what scaling does.

(Also, you can kill Hogger at level 1 now, which is blasphemy.)

Ahhh ok got it now, it make sense, but not really!
Meanwhile i struggle to kill Magoria with frost…changed to Blood, surprise, i feel less tanky now lol
Im going to bed…anyway thanks for the chatting! Have fun!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.