DK had no voice which is why bliz can nerf with impunity

So after reading about the imo ridiculous overkill amz nerf I headed over to the Acherus discord expecting to see atleast some discussions on the matter but none… confused I brought the matter up to be met with ppl saying the nerf is fine DK best melee in game etc which just shocks me.

The problem is the people making these statements about how great the nerfs are atleast one is a well known person who I guess would be what you call an “influencer”. So if our representatives I.e. people bliz probably would if not listen too certainly respect their opinions are sycophantic crawlers what chance does DK have?

I’m just done with blizz I had high hopes for 9.1 I don’t even want a dmg buff but maybe a look at our dead talents to give us an option instead they totally gut our best group pve and maybe pvp talent (amz) and give us NOTHING in return. I am sick of investing time into a class that feels like rubbish to play . I am sick of people that should be fighting against over the top nerfs aka Acherous discord blizz peons happily bending over and taking the shafting so as not to rock the boat its actually pathetic .

This is based on pve I don’t pvp so if dk is great in pvp that great im referring to pve. Anyway I’ve cancelled my sub started GW2 again and it’s like a breath of fresh air compared to SL

19 Likes

Do you honestly expected that someone from blizz will read your sad story and suddenly change his mind?

2 Likes

No I was really hoping a warlock with a history of obnoxious posts would wade in and make an innane comment so I guess mission accomplished on my part.

Still imagine expecting someone from blizz reading something on the blizz forums…and no I think they don’t give a damn the only thing the care about is revenue which is why I’ve cancelled my subscription

22 Likes

Why do you need anything in return for a completely justified nerf? You want Blizzard to fix your dead talent? Well guess what, every other class in the game also want that.

The truth is that DK is the best melee in the game even after the AMZ nerf. And that AMZ was way too strong. Most players on the DK discord know this. And the rest who claim AMZ was “fine” before are just being disingenuous. Also you don’t even do mythic raiding or pvp so I don’t know why you’re complaining about the AMZ nerf… it will have almost zero impact on you if you only do M+ and heroic raids.

The nerfed version of AMZ is not worse than commanding shout or darkness. And having a nerfed version of AMZ is still much better than having nothing which is what a lot of other melee specs got. NOTHING. Please tell a Feral Druid or an Enhancement Shaman how bad AMZ is.

Damagewise DK is in a great spot. Unholy got amazing burst damage, AOE and execute. Frost is one of the best cleave specs in the game. Combining the 2 spec and you can cover almost every situation. And both specs scale really well. Again, please tell other melees specs how hard you got it while you beat them to the ground.

On top of that you got AMS which is a 1 minute CD that can soak a lot of mechanics. No other class in the game has anything similar to AMS. Almost everything in CN was soakable by AMS.

Then you have grip which in CN was essential for multiple bosses. You also got BR which is always nice to have.

There is absolutely no need to complain about DKs hence why the discord is calm. Your hyperbole is absolutely misplaced. DK is going to be a very good dps next tier so if you still feel the need to complain, then it’s probably a good idea to try another game. Good luck!

4 Likes

You didn’t read my post obviously, I am trying a new game lol because obviously dk is the “best” melee dps in game …sure thing mate

5 Likes

What part of your post didn’t I read? You just complain about DK not being good which is completely absurd. And you want other DKs to also complain even though there is nothing to complain about.

Please tell me what melee is better than than DK? What is it that you want?

2 Likes

I want dks to complain about a utterly over the top nerf of amz in what world does a cd extension, uptime reduction and a cap seem fair? There is no way you play dk if you are happy with this and in that case go back to what ever class forum you do play and stop polluting the dk forums

1 Like

Firstly, I do play DK. So we got that out of the way.

Secondly, I’m not happy about the AMZ nerf and it was maybe a bit too much but AMZ is still better than what most other melee specs got. So is it really fair to complain too much about it… Also the nerf has almost zero impact on you if you don’t do mythic raiding or pvp.

So what do you want Blizzard to do now? They cant buff DKs dps because we are already doing really good in every situation. And we still have really good utility even with the AMZ nerf. So what do you want Blizzard to do? What is it that DK need in your opinion which we don’t already have?

I’m not happy about the AMZ nerf, but you’re just completely overreacting which isn’t helpful to anyone. Blizzard is not going to take this hyperbole seriously.

I have done mythic raiding, and I am annoyed for the dks who infact do like to raid. I don’t want a dmg buff however I want them to maybe have a look at GA,icey talons,horn of winter,ice cap, 2h frost in pve,hyperthermic presence

from my understanding frost dk pumping high numbers is duo to the inflated aoe damage we bring we are atm just a passive damage dispenser and that’s what many are starting to see as bad design this needs to change having so many maintenance and passive damage ability’s takes away the power our base kit is supposed to do for us,

what we generally are asking for is our talent tree to be doing more and not less breath removes our rotation and turn it to 1 button mashing build gathering storm is just breath but whit runes instead even as 2 handed frost dk you pick mostly just passive damage in the talent tree and nothing else this is why dk feels lacking design wise our core kit is fine but it’s our talent tree that’s not in a good spot we dont have any thing interacting whit our rise dead talent we dont have any thing interacting whit frost strike we have one for howling blast but just like obliterate it’s just passive damage taked on our damage ability we are already pressing,

i know players at discord likes to speak for the death knight community but it’s wrong of blizzard to listen only to a smal numbers of death knight’s now also this forums are just smal numbers to so this is no different from discord,

what blizzard need to do is to reach out to death knight players in game and let players give feedback more directed to game issues they have without it being ignored and not addressed,

polls are one way to ask if players are happy whit certain things the class have or bring but there are many ways blizzard can address this issues but that will require them to work for it and whit the track record the devs have shown it’s highly unlikely this will ever be addressed.

4 Likes

Please tell those feral druids and enhancement shamans how bad dk is in PvP.

Shamans also provide windfury for melees, which jumps in value with warriors getting yet another buff.

DKs are in a great spot if they get Power Infusion as they scale with haste better than most, due to the amount of cds you have for that short window. Classes are as good or better than DKs when PI isn’t in the equation, and most logs you check are with PI.

3 Likes

The Acherus discord community is a joke like ive said before, those ppl are parse addicts and wouldnt care if they would only have 1 legit button to press, as for forums? The most brainded cesspool ive seen in more 25+ years on the internet.
Im glad u switched to GW2 sadly i dont like asian mmo style anymore… so il just farm some mounts/tmog for a while and also quit.
Imagine playng a class with the same dead talents for 7 years.

7 Likes

And I can completely understand that. But dead/bad talents are a general problem in the game. Blizzard are completely incompetent when it comes to optimizing the talent system. They are too busy creating borrowed powers instead of fixing the issues with baseline class design.

The OP specifically stated that he was talking about PVE.

Unholy benefits a lot from PI, yes, but it’s still in a good spot in general. It’s very versatile and have excellent execute damage. By design Unholy is amazing for typical end boss fights since it can do high AOE while still provide a lot of ST priority damage. And when you need 2-3 target cleave then you got Frost which is one of the strongest specs in the game in that area.

Also, both Frost and Unholy scales really well with stats so they well just be even stronger in 9.1.

Blizzard just nerfed all class stealth by adding a 3min cd to all usable class stealth spells. In addition the range of effective stealth is limited to 1yrd.

Just imagine…

I’m just sorry but pretty much all classes other than DK get their problems within reason fixed. Their has been next to zero work been done to death knight in comparison to other classes for at least 3 expansions now. Everything Bliz has done is aura biased crap. Literally reverting pr-existing nerfs and call it a day.

If DK is supposedly the best melee class in-game then why on earth are more rogues, pally, druid, ensham, monk, dh and even warrior dominating the popularity. Objective but I know the love for DK is going down the crap pan.

If in Blizz eyes seem deem to nerf the crap out of AMZ, they need to compensate us, because the way everyone else works and there classes generally get something in return. All DK see’s are nerfs in general and almost no adjustment of fix or shuffle or new anything in return. Oh oh apart from a aura buff here or there! (New PVP talents doing noting for us everywhere else!) The class is going down the pan, regardless of what the numbties say or do whom worship Blizzard for personal gains.

5 Likes

That’s just not true. Blizzard are extremely slow to fix things for most classes. DKs are not a special case.

Unholy DK is the most played melee spec in Mythic raiding. And it’s really good. I’m going to continue playing DK in 9.1 and I’m looking forward to it.

Nerfing AMZ was justified, although the nerf they chose to implement was too much. We don’t really need to be compensated when Blizzard nerf utility which is clearly OP. DKs are far from being bad compared to other classes. We are lucky to be in a good spot.

Blizzard will have a hard time fixing stacking of classes, they are just not cut out in this day and age to be bothered or resourceful enough as a company. Basically it’s about saving money. If AMZ is too strong for raiding perhaps monks and demon hunters should have there passive raid wide buffs nerfed or removed. Just a small example

Not sure where other than casually, there’s next to a blip of hope seeing them past 10’s. I rarely see DK’s in my groups.

Of course it’s true, does not mean absolute. But other melee’s get changes far faster than DK’s do (for better or worse, although they are quickest with nerf hammers to DK) . If your talking about a factor of time, DK is well past it’s sell by date for actual proper tuneup but that’s my opinion. All I’ve seen Blizz do to the class in retrospect is the new wink wink mangle 2h into frost talents. That’s about as confident in their ability to claim overhauling DK at all in any recent time.

I would say DK is a special case. Blizzard are just outright worried to touch or oblivious and ignorant of the class.

Bad as in being OP or next to none existent? Whichever it is DK has one of the least amount of abilities for group utility.

Personally I would like all class buffs to be removed. That said, the raid buffs don’t make you stack DHs and Monks like AMZ did with DKs. That’s the problem. They could have fixed AMZ without nerfing it just by making it a shared CD like BR or Hero.

That’s just not true. I’m sorry to say it but you’re being very disingenuous. DK is not an unpopular class.

You cannot fix stacking when the likes of Rex exist in this day and age. Not unless more implementation of shared CD exist like you say. But more than that would need to occur.

I don’t know what’s not true or to be disingenuous in my comment. You can if you wish find me a class with less group utility than DK as example if you wish? I did say “one of the least”.

I am not knowledgeable enough for every classes group utility niche. I just know if you add up the majority of what other classes have compared to DK being somewhere of the bottom of the pile.

Being a popular class is subjective, there is a lot a lot of normies which make some classes highly popular. You cannot move for the sheer volume of druids and hunters every square inch of the game. I don’t see DK’s popularity shine in this current season, apart from a brief and very brief window unholy had for progression and worlds firsts. High end play I don’t see a sausage of DK’s in mythic plus. Maybe 1 out of every 5 groups if I’m being generous. Even when scanning for groups I see very little of them past 10’s. Don’t take my word of it but I observe the popularity is shrinking the higher you go.

3 Likes

I’m sorry but I have a hard time understanding half of what you’re writing.

You’re being disingenuous because you keep pulling out random numbers to argue that DK is unpopular and lacking utility. I’m definitely not going to take your word for anything because most of it is absolute nonsense. You’re clearly lack knowledge of the game, so I’m going to end the discussion with you here as it is pointless.

Good luck.