DK players with negative IQ

So I que as a tank for RDF and I get a Blood DK in my party that qued as a DPS. He proceeds to pull mobs as he likes and therefore I’m unable to tank because I get almost no rage since no mobs are on me. I then proceed to get kicked from a dungeon and receive a 30 min Deserter. Thanks Blizzard, solid change. It’s an amazing feature to punish people with a 30min wait time because people abuse the vote system.

3 Likes

The deserter debuff and vote has been here long long since before Cata Classic, not a recent change.

Sure in this case you should’ve iniated a votekick on the Blood DK if you didn’t attend the group on their poor talent choice.

Edit:

The debuff itself has been part of the system almost since the Vote to Kick system was introduced. It became an unfortunate necessity as certain players would urge the group, by request or by being a nuisance, to vote them out in order to avoid receiving a deserter debuff.

To be precise it was added in 3.3 Retail with the dungeon finder tools. So it is not a recent change or addition.

If you have suggestions on the VTK and debuff improvement you’re always welcome to use the ingame suggestion box.

1 Like

I’m fine with being kicked from the group, it’s that 30min BS deserter debuff that you get with that kick. I don’t understand why people can defend it when it’s complete BS. The simplest solution is to not give deserter debuff to people that were voted out only because it gives trolling people that extra something.

1 Like

Not true. It has been exisiting since late Wotlk (Last phase), which is not longlong before cata classic. But right before Cataclysm.
And I also notice a higher ratio of seemingly random kicks. I can only guess the reason, but it didn’t happen that much (or at all) in Wotlk dungeons.

5 Likes

I feel your pain brother, on the other hand, we need punishment for “pros” who leave after 1 boss and cry that they will lose 2mins and 2kxp so they prefer to wait 30mins with 0xp which is now magically not a waste ;D Also, the amount of ninja players stealing items because of the “xmog” or “bro I need to lvl up enchanting” is through the roof, we should have a system for when they will win perma as they are useless for society.

In your new posts I don’t see anything that adds to the discussion at hand. I’ve addressed both the OP’s and new comment concerns with correcting when the VTK was actually introduced which is not a recent addition, exists for 7 expansions and just set into Classic and if the OP did not tell the party about the problem, then the party could’ve misunderstood and thought he the tank was the problem.

Not using communications to tackle the issue before it becomes a problem is also a major issue I see in dungeons. For example in your previous post here you admit to just simple 2 clicking to kick other players down instead of attempting to help them:

You’re part of the problem. And you’ve already received the feedback in several channels.

Incorrect, if there’s any actual feedback you would like to give about the dungeon system you can do so through the suggestion box. Even if you don’t play the game you can login a free toon and add a suggestion.

2 Likes

Hahaha, unfortunately even though its absolutely hilarious I think that is actually meant serious.

Yo bro just make a free character waste your precious time to bring in your suggestion to the recycle bin aka the suggestion toolbox ingame.

I can certainly guarantee you no one and I mean that no one from blizzard has ever read any of that crap and especially ever considered anything from that. All you type there goes to a digital trashcan which is on automatic deletion status.

1 Like

I disagree so hard with this one…I did actually write about this in a different topic, see the link below. One part of what I wrote there I will copy directly, though:

Deserter after being kicked should be removed immediately, period. The only thing that could be abused if it wasn’t there is someone just porting out of the dungeon and not leaving - but at that point, he is to blame for being a j**k, not the entire system for being stupid in the first place.

And I also think that people refusing to leave on their own are much fewer than people who get griefed hard getting an undeserved Deserter. I can’t think of a single reason why, when solving an issue of a certain number of system-abusing people, would I choose to gried a much higher (that’s A) number of player which have done nothing wrong (that’s B).

1 Like

What a surprise that Wavé is one of the players constantly being kicked for no reason whatsoever :rofl:

It is, there are regular patches with changes every so often that may be influenced from suggestions from players. A public one is for example this one that reduces CD’s for character transfers that was suggested quite often by players (that I advised them to add through the ingame box too):

That it may not be taken into consideration now or maybe not at all is because players just generally suggest something wild, like “buff warlock, nerf everything else”. That is not usable feedback. Or the more common:

This is what added the deserter debuff shortly after just the introduction of VTK (Original VTK had no debuffs) because players would just hold the group hostage until they were kicked and then simply requeue until they can get into their desired dungeon.

So far from all posts regarding the VTK as players have noticed I’m in quite a few of them, have been about the removal of the debuff. There are suggestions about the increase, or reduction of the debuff too but it boils down to that there is no actual suggestion on the replacement of the VTK system with something more abuse-proof and then posters tend to personally attack me due lack of arguments as you can see in several other replies.

skill issue bro