DK Threat to low

I greet my dear brothers and sisters of the death knights!

I’m a dk in the blood spec. Currently, after DPS capturing two legendaries and 4 tier items, they generates so much aggro. The generated threat was not increased on our class / tier set too does not increase our base damage output. The holding aggro is extremely hard and weak.

Please correction dps threat generation or give us more dmg output or to make more threats .

6 Likes

yeah it’s pretty bad. Once we have everything set up it’s usually not too bad, but going into a pull without boneshield or runic power is horrible. We need too many globals in the opener. We also have nothing in our toolkit that provides proper frontloaded burst.

it should be as simple as increase dmg on blood boil… other tanks do much more dmg upfront

or even make blood boil do extra threat

2 Likes

The bad thing is that ppl blast cd’s on pull. I keep telling my boys not to do that but they don’t care :smiley:

Protection Warrior just got a good damage buff. Hopefully we shall get one soon as well.

Our damage is keys especially is not bad at all. Go kyrian with bonestorm, tazavesh trinket and 4 set and watch your damage go sky high.

I wouldn’t mind if they would go back to legion threat. one hit, threat for life. Fighting for aggro sucks and doesn’t benefit anyone at all. Especially not that cd hungry dps that gets himself killed moments after the pull. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Me fury warrior, me beyblade!
Noob tank, keep aggro me dying omg!

Yep its super bad, and its NOT FUN, ION.

I miss legion! Not having to think about threat as long as I did not miss manage my rotation entirley. Legion was about picking up mobs and surviving (how at least I see tanking should be).

Compared to other expasions, tanking is for the majority about dps and panic aggro management. Its not fun for dps, its not fun for healers, its not fun for tanks.

You often DONT have a choice on what to spend your resources on, its all about dps.
And god forbid sombody ninjapulls durring a semi big pull.
They can kite till taunt is avaiable.

I understand that only hitting blood boil, swipe or what not - should not hold aggro for the following 10 minutes alone. But as it is now - its NOT FUN for anyone.
It even scares people away from picking up tanking as a role.

Ever single dps in the game, blames tanks for loosing aggro, and they are often quite toxic about it.

• Hey you dont have aggro
  • Hey you lost aggro again!!
  • Hey please tank the mobs
  • Why am I kiting
  • Why am I tanking?? Haloo

I dont know why this change was even made to begin with…

1 Like

And now you got nerfed :confused: Probably just some dev watching MDI and with str%, haste scaling and of course 285 gavel it’ll outshine the rest so hard that the largest part of the bdk playersbase now have an unplayable toon. I’m sorry dude

Tbh, I feel like its a problem for all tanks to some extend.
I dont want misdirect to be this important - and I dont want to avoid playing with warrior, paladin and enchance ment shaman dps.

As a warrior, me sadge :cry:
As a paladin, Never had any problem with aggro generation… It feels like they burst way less then a Fury.

Should not be a damage buff, but a threat-pr-damage increase.

I remember playing guardian without 2piece.
Please hold sir, wait for 3 stacks of Thrash please. (12+ seconds)
(lol like anyone ever did).

I guess it will be the same problem next expansion.

ps. still avoiding ret paladins and warriors :slight_smile: when tanking.

the problem with current tank gameplay is based on threat multiplier based on dmg.
there were spells that had extra threat as part of their effect, this allowed them to balance threat on tanks rotation separately/independent from the tank DPS.

if they are smart they’ll revert back to extra threat on spells

Zug zug, me smash! :green_heart:
Warrior’s aren’t the problem. It’s stupid ppl playing the class, they don’t even allow tanks too group adds properly before bursting :upside_down_face:

Yes, they wont and no matter how many times you tell dps to chill for 4-5 seconds they still wont. Even doing 20’s dps seems to deplete very single braincell every time they have cooldowns up. And no matter how many times they die dps will moan and make tanks feel bad - even when the tanks are doing a perfect dps rotating, spending all recources on offence and spamming taunt on cooldown.

A lot of people who try tanking quickley stop, because they cant deal with the stress of playing dps-tank.

I would love to see a developer play guardian druid, tanking without tier set - doing a 15 with 3 pug warriors. Lets see how much fun they have.

To be completely fair though, warrior threat is prety stupid…

Last week both our tanks died on HC Jailer and I was 7th on the dps list, but I got aggro first.
Above me was a Monk, DH and Hunter, WL, Mage. According too the logic of most games more DPS = more threat building.
Not for this indy company :upside_down_face:

specialy kyrian warriors with spear at start of pack XD

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.