DK voice effect gone?

I might be late to this, but today I learned that the Death Knight Voice effect has been removed. I’ve tried different tips online to get it back, but so far nothing has worked. I even saw a post about this (as I’m typing) that old characters should still have the voice effect, but new ones shouldn’t… MY CHARACTER IS FROM 2011! Whyyy would he suddenly lose his voice?!

This legit actually bummed me out as it gave my character some flavor. I’m not an rp player (could’ve been though) But that voice effect made my character feel special, he wasn’t just some random character with a class. He was Deathlord Maxwro! Died in battle and raised by the Lich King himself! His enemies feared his voice…!

Okay so I may be a bit overdramatic here, but you get my point. Why remove it? I can’t say I’ve seen any blue-post about it either.

In conclusion: DK voice effect gone. I’m whining about it. Bring it back. Please.

3 Likes

clearly with there no longer being a lich king our cool voice was lost as well press F to mourne our echo …

1 Like

I did a post 2 days ago on this topic, a well thought and long one, in where i really let it rip about my dislike about how bliss treats issues like this, And DK in general, we dont not have anyone that can signal boost our issues like Savix can in meme video formats and mass mentions on twitter.

and sadly now i am even more annoyed and galvanazied about just how malicious blizz is, because i stated that no one really reads the forums, especially the DK one, and i doubt i would take a 2 day suspension for circumventing the wordfilter in two “bad naughty words” that i used if a bot did the suspension, so a living breathing human caused that suspension, maybe i was to close to the truth and they took it personally, or they didnt like the no no words like all the asinine online sanitized things are these days, me as an autistic will speak my mind, and i will not change myself to suit others delusions, regardless if i sometime go off the rails in my wordings, it does not matter as my point is usually made clear to those that do read my words.

that said, i also mentioned that this is the longest it has been since this audio issue appeared again, and no fix in sight, and with this latest interaction with blizz staff that would rather silence and suspend than pass the issue up the grapevine i am even more jaded and dissapointed. Good work staff, appriciate it.

it’s just so tiresome

1 Like

Voice effects for dks were removed because blizzard cannot afford to put those effects for the new allied race dks.

This is the reason.

Is it true lol ? Can you show me example with human male death knight please ?

They removed it.

Mine is still working somehow that is why i ask example.

Im too far away
I cannot attack that target
I need a target
etc = DK voice

All other sounds have been removed…
Basicaly its interface and client sounds…

Bumb. There is still some echo effect on error speech but none on emotes and the echo that is there is barely anything to how it was before. It is very sad to see something so cool and added flavor to the game is removed without a single word. Is there no way to be more vocal about this? Does blizzard even read the forums?

That’s a weak argument (for them) to disable it for the core races. If they insist on half-assing it why not put this feint and boring-only on error speech version of the effect only on the allied races? Why ruin the core races?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.