DK? WeaK More Like

I don’t want to be “that guy”, and I’m not really going to complain (maybe a little)…

I’m playing Frost and it just feels weak. I mean, when I blow cooldowns (Pillar, Abom Limb, BoS) it’s awesome and things don’t last too long after, and I can keep BoS up for quite some time especially with the legendary I have, but at all other times it just feels weak.

By comparison, my Warrior Myoko@Nordrassil, feels loads stronger despite lower ilvl.
Yeah, the DK sims higher, but on the Warrior I’m going Charge, Mortal Strike, Overpower, Execute and most mobs are dead, and it feels like it takes significantly longer to kill the same mobs on the better geared DK.

Am I just being pedantic or is this a common experience? Like, the experience I have on my Warrior is what I wanted from my DK and it makes me sad.

On a side note, although I don’t much like Unholy and haven’t played it since… well, I can’t really remember when last I played it, is it much different than Frost? I’m going to give it a go anyway, but I’d be glad of feedback anyway.

Also, please note: I play on a super casual basis, so I’m really not looking to push heroic or mythic raiding or even mythic+ keys… if I only ever reach 230 ilvl and can grind through Korthia like it’s the Aspirants at Aspirant’s Crucible, I’ll be happy.

1 Like

yes its true , a lot of us that have mained DK like myself since lich king, we now play other classes .
i myself have been playing hunter more the last couple of expansions

DK just isn’t it anymore, its held back by its mobility and lack of damage and lack of raid/party utility

we have been actively providing feedback via the forums about the state of both specs for DK and lack of damage multipliers/ sustain but it has fallen on deaf ears

• all i can really advise you is to play another class, there’s nothing coming anytime soon to change the outcome of the DK class
3 Likes

I agree. Frost being heavily cooldowns-dependent feels bad when the cooldowns are not up. Outside of Pillar of Frost I hit like a wet noodle, and my gameplay feels sluggish and dull.

I don’t think it’s good to design classes around big cooldowns and place most of their damage into them. It makes them feel bad outside of them. Classes should be fun to play at all times, not just when you press the big button.

4 Likes

You hit the nail on the head. That’s exactly it. Compared to Warrior, I might as well be in a wheelchair.

dk sucks and if you have only just realised this then im sorry to tell you this but its been bad all of shadowlands but especially terrible the last 7 months after we lost heartstop and got chillstreak nerfed 13 times

3 Likes

It’s such a shame, because it’s been my baby since Wrath.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.