Do devs care about EU game playerbase?

A potato is not a tomato.

Some wisdom from the other day. Does that qualify?

7 Likes

That’s what it feels like. BTW those posting in GD are not devs, just blues aka pr mascots

4 Likes

Why would they care about EU with the average person that’s on these forums? :nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

The title of the thread and opening post is a genuine question, I personally do not believe there was anything in that post that could warrant immediate trolling.

But they do on the US forums, so it is in a way saying that the US forums are more important. And although I know I can make a US trial account to post, why should I have to? I do not think it is unreasonable to ask that they could also occasionally post on the EU forums too, after all we are also paying customers the same as those on the US forums.

4 Likes

You claim that 95% of the devs are horde. Maby the horde have secret horde only forums?

I totally agree however I can think of at least one reason why they only wish to post in one place as that way there is no dilution of the message.

What might be a better way of doing things is to either merge the forums or for there to be a Beta/Dev section of the forums which is open to all regions.

4 Likes

Totally agree :slight_smile:

I wish they just merged the forums. It would be nice if we saw some devs on the eu forums aswell, but maybe better to just merge the forums since we use the same language.

9 Likes

You already recieved one very public warning from a blue poster to chill a bit with your attitude. Maybe have a little less hostility towards your fellow players?

That said though, this thread is fine. But i think personally there is an easy answer. The devs rarley post at all on the us forums too. And if they post it makes sense to be on an US platform. Its where they are based. We can also read it still.

2 Likes

I mean there are smaller games I play, including some mobile games, where they manage worldwide forums so it isn’t beyond the ken of man.

4 Likes

In my opinion (I speak for myself only) the opening title and opening post did not contain any hostility. So why hostile responses?

Again this is only my opinion, but receiving a ‘public warning from a blue’ is totally wrong, any warning should be given in private. If the problem with a poster persists then they can issue the appropriate silence/bans and again these are all given privately. These are the rules we are ALL subject to.

I agree Osanger, although I don’t know what the limitations are in WoW :slight_smile:

Perhaps they don’t want to deal with the people who regularly insult people and call them rather obscene things all the time, and think their time would be best spent elsewhere?

I mean, who can blame them

3 Likes

Tbf, you don’t insult people that often.

1 Like

And when I do, I generally do it in a debonair style and with panache so people sometimes don’t realise it

3 Likes

Thats the reason they’re ignored. They are simply put, stalkers, haters and trolls and regardless of what I post will harass me. =)

Yes, the EU playerbase has some of the world best raiders and arena players who frequent Blizzcon and much more.

If you’re asking ‘‘Do Blizzard care about EU Forum players?’’ Then its a big fat no

So only the elite gamers like method should pay and we can play free? Since we are getting an inferior product /services? Especially alliance

1 Like

I don’t see why anyone expects developer communication through the forums.

As an outlet for communicating with the playerbase, the forums don’t reach that many people.

In the earlier days of WoW it was more common to find developer posts on the forums.

Because it was the older days.

The internet changes and so do people.

Today the internet landscape has changed, and so has Blizzard’s outlets for communication.
They communicate where people are. All companies do. People might have been on the forums 15 years ago, but today they’re on social media. So Blizzard are on social media. And twitch. And YouTube. And so on.

Here’s a quote from Epic Games regarding their official Fortnite forums. It perfectly illustrates the point:

As of May 22, 2019, the Fortnite forums on the Epic Games website is no longer available. We’ve shifted our focus to other social channels to continue communicating with you. We’re astounded every single day by the passionate and growing community that supports Fornite.

Our official discord and the community-run & developer supported subreddits are excellent places to continue to drive discussion, share your thoughts, and link up with other players.

For support, please visit the Fortnite Support.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/forum-sunset

1 Like

American company, American game, and you are surprised that American customers take first priority?