Do i keep pushing?

So my mythic score is 2419 or something like that, the only reason i have trying to hit 2.5k is because you get something transmog related? Is it worth it and what exactly is it?
I usually stop when i hit the 2k
Its begining to feel tedious to get in groups so im tempted to just farm the raid once a week and concentrate on gearing alts

Nah bro, not worth it. For 2.5 k you will get a glowing thingy for your tierset and achievement. Pushing further is for people who really want to get to the 0.1% top or something. Also, people dont like rets in higher keys apparently. So just go and have some fun with alts and raid once a week
Personally i`ve quit until something interesting happens (or new season). as getting to high keys as survival is impossible almost :smiley:

1 Like

Ret is good in high keys. It does big AOE damage (and much better ST damage than it did before the buffs), plus it has utility, off healing, and its survivability is really, really good. There are rets timing +30/31 keys, so there is absolutely nothing stopping the OP getting to 2.5k.

2 Likes

that was not my point. Getting 2.5 is okay, but pushing further is not. There are rets, true. As there are survival hunters. HOWEVER sitting there for 40+ mins and begging ppl to accept you in group is not fun. My friend is playing ret and pushing to 0.1%. He is currently 3.5k or so and he says ppl are not really okay with ret in keys, for whatever reason, even tho ret is good now

Trying to push to 0.1% with pugs? I’m not surprised he’s struggling to get into keys. Anyone still pugging at that level is, regardless of class or role. If you don’t have a fixed group, it’s practically impossible. (I would say it IS impossible, but I’m sure there’s someone who has managed it.)

I’m 3.1k on my ret pala and not having any difficulty getting into keys that give me score. Once I get everything timed at +25, I expect to have to list my own keys if I want to pug, but that would be the same whatever I was playing. The competition at that level is too intense to join other people’s keys… unless you find sitting in queues for hours fun.

It depends on what your aiming for. I think pushing makes only sense when you like m+/ the specc you playing. If not, play alts. You can PUG your way to 0,1%, but at a certain point you need to play one of the beloved speccs. So its possible to PUG 0,1 - but its hard. Ret is one of the better speccs indeed rn. Top 3 Melee among DH and Outlaw, so your chances to getwn invite is better then lets say for a Warrior, DK, WW etc.

maen like this you play flavor of month ez time push keys or play tank or healer or you sit there sufffer my advice role class ever 1 want thet way sure get intro keys ez

Thanks for the input guys
I do love playing ret but I am happy to leave it there for season if the tmog thing isnt worth it.
At +18s I am finding it hard to get into a group and when i do they arent the best groups - i am pugging them as majority of my friends haven’t bothered with this season
Even doing 17s i began to notice if i was top dps the chance of timing it was low lol
Thanks again guys :slightly_smiling_face:

Usually 17’s aren’t about top dps. More about doing some mechanics right. It is quite easy and fast to heavily overgear +17’s this season. And in those keys everyone wants ret paladins too :slight_smile:

Not true. My healer friends have also stopped applying to other people’s keys at above +25 because they can wait an hour or more for an invite. Getting into high keys is hard for everyone. There’s no “free pass” for playing a certain class or role.

This. And the problem at that level is that people who have been able to just power through keys up to that point by ignoring mechanics and relying on ilvl and damage output are starting to find they can’t do that any more. You encounter a lot of players who don’t know mechanics because they’ve got away with never having to learn them.

2 Likes

If only he could make friends to do keys with.

What you’re describing is chalk and cheese from the OP’s and most peoples experiences. 3.5k is a different world from even 3.2k because the number of keys and eligible players plummets. Drawing the comparison is pointless.

@ the OP, join The No Pressure Discord community, they run LOTS of keys and are very inclusive.

really odd like here i tink play healer free pass same tank 2 most important role

Tyssera is 100% correct.

You don’t get a free pass as a healer in high keys. In fact, it gets worse.

In high keys, the healer simply cant heal more in HPS. Not possible.

Its the DDs and their utility that start to be crucial. So much, its 100% necessary. And that is one of the reasons Rets are so demanded in high keys.

So if anything is in high demand, are really good DDs. Thats whats on demand.

Almost every high key has a ret mate. No clue what game you are playing

1 Like

Depends on how much you’re into transmog stuff. It’s not important to me, but I do like getting the portals for timing every dungeon at +20, so that’s what I did. Now I do 4 or 8 18-20s a week just for the vault slots, or more if friends want to do something.

Some of my friends are doing 25s and 26s now, just to challenge themselves, and they are having fun doing that (working out strats, reviewing their runs, etc.). It’s a little too high pressure for me, so it’s not something I do, but I enjoy running 18-20s with my non-meta spec. Also started gearing up an alt since this character here doesn’t need any drops from the HC raid or the M+ dungeons themselves (just the vault).

Anyway, you’re not that far away from 20s, so if you enjoy M+, I’d try for the portals. Like transmog, they are “forever”. This will get you to 2700 or so if you do it in both weeks (not needed for portals).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.