Do not add a paid service for that

So recently (Well kind of), a Blue posted on a thread about dead realms and said that there would be some sort of bundle transfer in the shop.

How about you make it free and limit it to one? Because adding a paid service (Which lets be serious, is probably going to cost around 50 bucks, still gonna be a ‘discounted price’) for certain people to play the game on their mains that are on dead/dying realms is a bit much, don’t you think?

Better yet, how about you continue realm connections?

Either way, I find it a bit anethical of you to add a paid service thats gonna likely cost more than an expansion for the people on low realms.

5 Likes

As a member of a somewhat ‘quiet’ server I am all for this.

This should hopefully be the case but don’t shoot yourself in the foot. I started making new chars in other realms instead. Ye it’s not your main but it is at least something, especially if you’re thinking about transferring from ally to horde.

But this should always be free to transfer from faction X to faction X but from a dead realm to a max medium realm.

1 Like

Blizzard executives:

2 Likes

Oh, I bet that that is how they would react, but they really shouldn’t try to cash in on the despair of people in dead realms. And there are a lot of those

Reports in from Aggramar/Hellscream :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

“50 bucks” ha you wish it would be that cheap.

Let’s face it if they gave it for free people would move their chars to the high pop servers causing them to explode in a ball of fire.

What they should do is reopen free migrations to low pop servers but co-ordinate them so that when people do move there will be plenty of people there. Why not make it some type of event. But that required the community team to do stuff with players not just post YouTube videos every 6 months.

I could give you one good reason not to : Facilitating market manipulation.

I could easily ruin an AH moving mats from one realm to another especially if one of the transfers is free. There’s a ton of stuff you could move from one full pop realm to another with a mass transfer, usually not for the benefits of the players of your targeted realm.

There are better alternatives imo than free transfers which could poison your experience, such as realm connection as you mentioned it.

How about forgetting all about the transfer and just straight up merge realms instead. Swtor did that when a few of the server died. Helped a lot i’ll tell yeah.

Atm they are giving free transfers from dead realms to busy realms in classic they should do the same for retail.

3 Likes

Either way, I find it a bit unethical of them to add a paid service to fix an issue with their paid service that THEY should have already fixed years ago.

1 Like

How about just merge low/medium pop realms? Or free transfer? But I know, they just can’t give up those small short-term earnings, even though in the long run it would be better for both us and them.

This will only make dead realms even more dead.

cant count the amount of times i rerolled realms at the beginning of a expansion because the realm i was on was live at the start of a expansion but dead at the end…

i have about 4 realms where i have 10+ chars at max level for the expansion i played at the time… and just restarted each time…lol…

i would never buy a transfer bundle…

doesnt take much to level these days…

Yeah um, Blizzard this is a serious issue, I was in a group so I was phased into the RL’s realm and Oribos was full, and when I left it was kind of like as if Thanos had snapped his fingers. Please do not drain the blood of people in realms such as mine. Just… fix them?!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.