Do opposite races have relationships?

Now obviously by relationship I don’t mean simple friendship as the answer to that is obvious, but I mean relationships of a more intimate nature. Like it seems more realistic for a troll and orc to have a relationship and offspring than a Tauren and Gnome for example. Are their any examples of opposite races having intimate loving relationships?

I can’t remember a more extreme relationship in the game or other sources than a gnome with a human woman (without offspring) or ogres mating with orcs (with offspring). That said, when asked if half-dwarves were possible, Blizz gave the “anything is possible with magic” reply. So… there is that.

I am fundamentally against cross breeding. And growth of abominations.

There are some strangers out there that could have really weird fetishes. But for over a years we didn’t encounter tauren breeding with no tauren and troll breeding with not troll. And honestly I’d rather for it to stay this way. There might cultural similarities but it’s mostly for various races to roughly get along but not to the point of breeding because I can imagine there would be still a huge stigma againsy such examples.

1 Like

All I know of is the legendary assassin Garona Halforcen who was Orc/Draenei. Not sure why people are so upset with half breeds.

2 Likes

There are some examples:
The Mok’Nathal are (were?) a Tribe in the blades edge mountains, descended from Orc / Ogre crossbreeds.
The Burning-Blade Blademaster Lantresor of the Blade is a Draenei-Orc halfblood, as is Garona looking at recent history on Draenor, both propably from non consensual relationships…
Then there’s Half-Elves, i think only from Highelf/Human relations aka. the well known Windrunner-syndrome.

I’m pretty sure there were some Half Orc-Half Humans as well in older stuff, but i’m not sure if this is still canon.

1 Like

Isn’t there a goblin/gnome couple in BfA? I think I recall bumping into them in Tanaris while questing. Obviously there is Lor’themar and Thalyssra, although they’re not that dissimilar in terms of race.

I think they most, because its only Alliance - Horde that fight for something. While you can see neutral races of all Atheroth doing stuff at some problematic places.
In other words orc girl can make up with human boy, if they are neutral… Why not?

Yup, Goblin/Gnome couple in Mechagon, a good few Human/High Elf ones, throwaway Gnome/Human couple in Northrend, random Human/Dwarf couple in Pandaria…

I imagine it’d be possible for most all races to have relationships with each other. Whether it could produce children is another issue. I am inclined to say that the more humanoid-ish/fleshy ones can produce children while the more bestial races like Tauren + Pandaren could only reproduce with their own race (or those closely related, e.g. taunka and tauren)

1 Like

Elisande had a Gnome concubine…
Anduin had the eye for some Draenei girls AND a Dwarf woman ( think thats still cannon)
Alleria and the human Turallyon
Jaina and the Dragon Kalec… :smirk:
Jaina and the Elf Kael… :eyes:
Jina and the Orc Thrall (okay, just kiding, but you can see the pattern)
That Human guy whos name i forgot who comes out from a Tauren couple’s tent saying “well this was a new experience” adjusting his belt and pants… (and i’m not even kidding, thats an in game thing!)

90% of the intimate loving relationships usually blossomed out from those simple friedships, don’t forget

1 Like

I think that, despite the “racism” among the prouder races, inter-racial relations aren’t too frowned upon. High Elves are the most “racist” people and yet elf-human relations have become all too commonplace in the lore at this point. Not to mention there’s always deviants to the social norm just like there are conformists. It seems biologically feasible for inter-racial couples to procreate as well.

Overall, love trumps national and social boundaries in Warcraft, I feel.

1 Like

Is there any known example of Elf-Human relationships except for the Windrunner-sisters? I really don’t know one^^

One was mentioned above: Kael’thas’s crush on Jaina. It wasn’t an established relationship but he was certainly attracted to her. In the Lich King book he’s visibly distressed when he walks in on Arthas and Jaina when they’re about to kiss.

Yeah okay, just thought there was more than the 3 weird sisters + one crush, because “all to commonplace” implied a high number :wink:

btw: am i the only one who finds it creepy that Kael’thas, a guy who is hundreds of years old, crushes on a girl thats maybe still a teenager or at best in her 20s?

I did say “in the lore at this point” in that sentence though. :joy:

I too found it odd, and out of character almost. Jaina was not even much proficient in magic at that time, just very nerdy. Maybe he was a nerd too but we never get to see that side of him.

Garona is bad example, she was magical experiment of Gul’Dan.

I thought she only was bound to Gul’dan later, and was born as the child of a Bladewind Warrior and a Draenei captive after a raid (that was also orchestrated by Gul’dan)

1 Like

I checked wowpedia, and ye there were many retcons with this character.

She was a result of “sex without consent” arranged by Gul’dan and then by magic she was forcibly groomed to be adult and tortured. And the key information is that she was hated by the rest of the orcs for being a cross-bred weirdo.

3 Likes

think there is 3 quite know crossbreeds arround, some mentioned in this thread.

Garona is one though this was forced.
Rexar is also if I recall half ogre or so.
then we have Artathor the redeemer, who should be half human half elf

We also have Vereesa’s twins, whose father was Rhonin.

1 Like

Is there any known half-elf who isn’t a descendent of the windrunner sisters, or are they really responsible for 100% of the Half-Elf population?

The only thing missing is a hidden lovechild of Sylvanas and her Boytoy that resurfaces after she’s dead ;D