Do u guys wanna do more visions?

Than there is no risk going into vision which will make them boring. You will just practice for free in skirmish than one shot real version with no threat from failing. No they have to stay exclusive and meanigfull thats why they are fun.

Fact you have limited attempts and you have to take risk and become better while pressure of lossing is on your head is exactly what makes them fun. You can also just make them islands 2.0 with this change becosue thats what will become from them.

Then number of tries need to be increased, 3 per week is in no way acceptable or defendable.

1 Like

Ya will do without rewards.

Boring how? You’re just saying words that have no meaning to the discussion at hand.

BWAHAHAHAH! It sounds like you’ve never heard about the concept of “Unexpected things may happen”.

“Muh exclusivity, muh meaning, muh fun”.
Buzzwords with no weight behind them. And it seems like there is a good portion of people who like them but HATE the whole weekly cap thing behind them. So it seems like you may not be so right in that “It’s fun because they’re activity capped”.

Oh, okay then. Now let me tell you how the real world works:
People go do these activities, then they start feeling bummed and annoyed that they can’t keep doing them because they used up their entry tokens. They would like to keep playing but since they can’t, they either stop playing for the week or do what everyone else does: Do something for an hour or so, then stop playing until the next day. Concluding in a scenario in which people either stop bothering with the activity because it feels discouraging to do them, or because they’re just tired of something being stonewalled for a week.

The problem with Island Expeditions is that it’s not easy to fail them. At least with the Visions you can fail them if something happens (Like being stunlocked or getting unexpected pulls that overwhelm you).

Edit: In case anyone is wondering if I am angry, or why I am angry: I just hate players who come here, dance around saying “This is perfectly fine, it MUST be like this, this is unarguably fun”, when something is in fact NOT “Fine”.

The worst part is these players then act all big and smug because they think Blizzard is on their side (When in truth they’re just on Blizzard’s side, because we all know they would never want to make something more fun or convenient when players say it’s bad).

So yes, I will be quite mad about this, and if you don’t like it then kiss my hairy Vulpera behind.

Its been time and time again proved that what players want is in 90% of cases bad for the game. Becouse players are not game developers. Their feedback is based on ,what makes my game experinece better" instead of looking at game from far and see it from perspective of developer. What can seem to be good change for player experience can completly backfire and ruin entire game.

Players dont know what they want.

Reaaally now? Interesting you’d say that, as you are talking with such certainty that the way it is now is somehow “Good”. Well, I say it isn’t good and that you are wrong.

And I guess I am to believe that you are? Seeing as you’re talking here with the certainty that the way it’s designed is supposed to be good.

Yeah, and believe it or not, developers aren’t exactly all-knowing and have the best ideas. Mostly because they’re out of touch and think they know what’s best for players.
As corny as it may sound, but I’d argue that players probably know a weee bit more about what would make a fun experience. Probably because they play games and likely know what is fun or not.

That sounds exactly the kind of out-of-touch ramblings of someone who thinks he knows better than everyone else, and hasn’t played multiple games for a long period of time.

Excuse me, but I would be grateful if you didn’t try speaking as if you know what ME, MYSELF wants out of the game.

I know exactly what I want; To be able to run the Visions more than three times a week.

Or we can not enter them at all - this makes it so much more entertaining… oh… wait. Sure. Makes it much more exiting. Content e cannot access is most certainly better. Yes. Of course.

And you know what OTHER players want ?

Of course he does! He is the all-knowing Overmind of Omnipotence! He can see in the hearts of players what they desire!

Players in reality want to have the Visions be gated behind three entries only, because that way they remain exciting always!
Meanwhile, in the real world…

I most certainly wouldn’t mind just simple cosmetic, or no reward at all for the ‘practice’. I like that race against time, but doing it 1-2 times a week is feels like a bit of a bait and trolling and comes across as much worse version of Mage Towers.

Mage towers also had resources you had to get from invasions, but spending nights in and out mage towers was what made end of legion something i loved. I almost entirely skipped Argus for example.

No i dont know everthing. But did some reading, reaserch and asking devs etc. to know why its done this way and not your way.

Did players want to have limited attempts? No. But it doesnt change fact that some unpopular changes are made to make game better. Classic is full of it. There is so many things what people consider bad, annoying and tedious but all those negattive experineces is what can creating posittive experience in the end what is far more memorabke and fun than experience created on covinience and acessability.

Thats what mean when i say players are not developers. They dont see long term impacts of incovinieces. Most players are entilted, full of themself thinking about game on scale of tiny box. Thats not how you desing game.

Keeping the game mode as it is will be the best way to make 90% of people do not bother trying to push it.

3 freaking tries per week are NOTHING.

And also please, dev=know what’s good for the game.

Yeah sure, like AP, Start of legion legendaries, essences, Draenor Garrison just to name a few.

Give me a break.

I think price for them is too high now. Visions are really fun content for small group of friends and solo players. But they price is little bit a too high. They shoud be more easy to enter. Because we cannot even learn how to do it. Three tries per week is really too low.

This patch feels thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread

I got 2 free visions (had a token already from somewhere and 1 free from the intro quest) where I just fooled around trying to see what’s up with the visions.

Big mistake. Now I’m behind on 2 upgrades, and unless I commit to farming dailies where I get 50 essences from each daily, catching up will take a time. :slight_smile:
So much for exploring. Video guides will have to explore for me according to blizzard.

1 Like

Hmm… Somehow I doubt this… Sounds far too convenient that you just happened to find developers who’d talk to you.

Excuse me, but how does limiting a fun activity to three times a week make a game or that said activity “Better”? If you’re gonna be making those kind of statements, at least back it up with an official explanation as to why.

May I also add Mage Tower and Chromie were not timelocked behind a weekly lockout, and you could do them essentially as many times as you wanted, given you had the currency for it. Did anyone complain about them not being timelocked? No, in fact it seems like people enjoyed them a lot.

Funny you mention Classic, because I remember quite well how Blizzard thought that players in fact don’t want Classic, that we just think we want Classic… That statement certainly aged well didn’t it?

Here’s the thing about Classic WoW: It’s designed a whole lot differently from how Retail is. Namely in how it’s a more slow-paced RPG rather than Retail’s fast-paced “Let’s be something of an E-Sports” design. The things you call “Inconveniences” actually compliment the game, rather than worsen it.
Oh, and fun fact; The game doesn’t timegate content, unlike Retail.

Neither are you, so stop talking as if you are one and think you know better.

You’d be surprised. The “Inconvenient” design of the Visions doesn’t make me want to really play or focus on them. Right now I’m having more fun playing other games, or Roleplaying on my Vulpera, because I can’t do the Visions. I’ll probably not bother doing them next week because… Well, what’s the point?

“Muh entitlement”

You then follow with

So you state what is fine or NOT FINE for everybody else, then post abusing someone as you believe they are telling YOU what you want from game?

Treat others as you expect to be treated yourself, each individual will have their own idea of what is best for them and what they want from the game. There is never a right or wrong answer, just different views.

Heh heh… Difference is, I am not trying to talk as if I know what players want. And really, it’s a hard sell for people to take seriously, telling them that having someone be able to access an activity three times a week is somehow a good thing.

Because the guy’s point is absolutely insane and out of touch.

That would imply that I am concerned about being wanted to be treated nice by someone I have no respect for.

Not really, no.

No you were just telling everyone else what is NOT FINE with no regard to what they want from the game, you then got annoyed when the tables were turned and they did the same to you!!! People are passionate about subjects and I get that and tempers get heated, we have all seen it. You know what you posted and others will see it too, seriously in my view you owe Elias an apology not for your opinions on the subject, you are entitled to them as is everybody, but for being so hypocritical.

Do you seriously believe that this:

Is somehow the same as this:

Or this:

If you somehow my sentiments are on the same plane of existence as Elias’ are, then honestly… You’re as delusional as he is.

Why are you saying it like I should be worried, or ashamed?

I refuse to apologize.

Yeah, as soon as I flat out start talking about how players don’t know what they want while exerting my opinion, then you can call me a hypocrite.

Its fun derives from its limit, there is no need to serve casuals. If Horrific Visions were unlimited there would be no difference between them and island expeditions.