Do you enjoy outlaw rogue?

It’s very good in terms of gameplay, but they have damaged the spec with some stupid ideas.

First they nerfed fan the hammer combo point generation, which means that you can no longer get a proc and go back to 7 combo points in 1 gcd, unless you have broadsides.

And then they are gonna change grand melee in the next patch, without changing blade flurry, and slice and dice.

So basically while new grand melee is stronger than the current version, it’s also not very fun to play with, and causes outlaw to press slice and dice more, which no one likes, and it also causes you to press blade flurry in st, which at the moment it’s also not nice considering it doesn’t generate any combo points.

But blizzard has been making some pretty stupid decisions recently, look at demonology warlock as an example. Or the new affixes.

1 Like

I’m not sure how I feel about Shadowstep for Outlaw. We were given Grappling Hook as a gap closer which was fine IMO. It’s one of my favourite abilities as you don’t need a target to use it. I agree with the sentiments about SnD - it needs to go. I don’t even use it as Outlaw. I also like the change to Roll the Bones because it no longer costs Combo Points and you don’t go fishing for buffs anymore.

No, it’s terrible. Better than before, granted, but no where near Combat.

RNG shouldn’t exist in your ability rotation, period.

Sadly, Shamans suffers from this far worse than we do.

1 Like

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/coWbCs5RhGkQDkSH5tsEid

well, current 4 pieces actually has the same amount of damage like 2 current and 2 previous (with 385+402 ilvl) witch is kinda stupid imo

No outlaw plays build up 2 buffs than a debuff to do more damage than ask the stars for blessin and than pray to the gods ur dice will do a thing.
Blizzard realy I start duobt ur competence

Yes and no
I love outlaw as a spec and i enjoy it in pvp and pvp only

Sadly the damage atm is absolute trash

I actually play outlaw rogue as main in pvp, i don’t think is that bad.
Unless you’re in 2400, you can kill most classes except warrior.
RNG is actually an advantage as they cannot predict what you’re going to do but you can predict them.
Combine your RNG with incentives to keep fighting and odds are most classes will struggle to keep fighting you as soon as you take their burst out.

So no i dont think outlaw is a bad specc at all.(you will struggle to get to 2400 but unless everyone here got that rating with other speccs i dont see why worry about that)

I just saw loads of people on the US forum going REMOVE ROLL THE BONES. RNG SUCKS.

It’s the RNG that makes the spec interesting and unique. Honestly some people know the cost of everything yet the value of nothing. If they don’t like it play something else rather than calling for the spec to lose what makes it different.

Except that RtB hasn’t always been a part of the spec’s identity if we look back to when Outlaw was Combat. RtB has been controversial since its inclusion in Legion, irregardless of how much they’ve tried balance the various buffs it can give, some people just outright hate the RNGness of it. At least in Legion and BfA you could opt out of it and take a slight DPS loss, but in Shadowlands it was mandatory and in Dragonflight it’s a significant DPS loss to avoid.

Despite being in the camp of hating it, I don’t think it should be outright removed, rather I think the design of our talents should offer more flexibility to choose between an Outlaw Rogue style of play and the classic Combat Rogue style, possibly even making it a choice node to choose between SnD and RtB as it seems common that fans of one, hate the other, and despise having to play with both.

1 Like

I personally don’t mind RtB, the only thing about it I dislike is that the buffs are unequal in value. Buried Treasure and Grand Melee are either only good coupled with other, better buffs, or in the latter’s case only good in AoE situations (which was an awful change).

Generally the solutions I’d be fine with would be simply making the lacklustre two stronger, or just…cutting them, as I’ve seen some others suggest. Take the total number of buffs down to four, with RtB always giving two buffs instead of varying between one, two or five (why tf is it five anyway?)

I really don’t think Slice and Dice is worthwhile as a choice against RtB, and I think practically every rogue wants to see SnD gone. If you’re going to propose an alternative choice against RtB that runs closer to old Combat, the better option would likely be Bandit’s Guile.

2 Likes

And theres ur flaw. Outlaw isnt combat, they didnt delete a specx and rebuild a completely different theme, with different mechanics with a different backstory for u to refer to it as combat either.

Combat is a deleted specc.

Outlaw is its replacement, its not a rework of combat. Its not a modernised combat. Its just not combat.

RTB has from the stsrt been a core mechsnic to the outlaw rogue.

Love the spec and RtB. Just needs some mechanical tweaks here and there for it to be perfect.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.