Do you enjoy outlaw rogue?

sup yall,

what are your thoughts on outlaw rn? pvp/pve
do you recommend it?

cheers

Enjoy it allot. Though it needs a massive buff for pvp.

5 Likes

I really love it but there was a nerf to the pistol that made it a little less enjoyable(generates half the combat points, making you require to land a new generator in order to fill your combo points) and kinda ruined the flow for me. I’d say it’s up to you to decide if you’d enjoy it by trying it :slight_smile:

Super fun specc. But you have to deal with the frustration of being a bad specc to play it in pvp. If you can get past that, then the specc is super fun!

I enjoy it so much that now I am a sub rogue xD

4 Likes

And also a mediocre spec to play in pve since the big nerf received in 10.0.5. Meanwhile other classes/specs are being buffed.

With the new patch tomorrow is going to be even worst.

2 Likes

Super fun to play especially with the toolkit but really terrible in pvp atm, the dmg isn’t strong enough to force cd and you flop really fast in this meta.

Still fun but the nerfs weren’t justified. Definitely not now every other class is getting buffed.

Not really, not anymore. PvE wise at least, i don’t care about PvP
It was super enjoyable during SL even with all its’ aoe shortcomings -cough- 5 target hardcap -cough-

But now it’s just awful. The moment they decided to implement Subtlety’s core bullcrap into the general rogue tree it became awkward and repulsive
Also the amount of things that need to be tracked and be kept up, rotation complexity and high APM make it a living hell to play when combined all together, which is a HUGE turn off.

Besides that, i think that the outlaw tree itself is the most unimaginative crap i have ever seen and it requires immediate attention/revamp

I think they are still trying to steer people away from playing outlaw using the most insidious tactics…

3 Likes

No i hate roll the bones and i never was really a fan of slice and dice either so whent hey added those bloody dices into the game is where they completely lost me and i went with monk instead.

Problem with roll the bones is that when you have so much RNG in your rotation, you either roll lucky and completely stomp your opponent or you roll bad and die to RNG. Its a feel-bad for everyone participating.

Slice and Dice was fine in oldschool wow, but I think modern wow might not have the time in rotations for such abilities, because so many classes get such effects for free now. So Slice and Dice is kind of oldschool. I like it, as a Rogue main since vanilla, but I can see why it kind of is not fun when you see how more modern class designs are structured.

1 Like

Not so much these days, despite having mained Outlaw/Combat since Burning Crusade. It’s a bloated mess of a spec these days that was hamfisted into a new identity with Legion only to have most of the identity flavor abilities backtracked immediately after, with a heavy focus on an RNG ability that pushes folks to use an addon just to track it because the base UI does little to make it easily readable.

Personally I’d take Bandit’s Guile back over Roll the Bones.

Combat > Outlaw

2 Likes

i think it is super fun because it is so fast paced. sometimes you get an unlucky streak and nothing procs, but thats rare.

the only thing what bugs me if i look at the dmg meter and i see a very big line from my passive aoe. next is the storm gem and then comes the abilities.
i think it did not see any other class where one thing does like 40% of your total dmg.
the aoe dps is quite nice but most abilities feel like they hit for nothing. but since you spam so many things the dps is actually there.

st on the other hand feels quite weak

I do enjoy it, yes. Though the nerf to pistol shot definitely hurt the spec for me and it’s not nearly as fun as that ruined the flow.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s the only DPS spec I like in this game to be honest.
Even with the RNG and the nerf I very much like it.

Same remark here. I remember comments years ago, complaining about Combat spec beeing to simple, even boring. With BfA, taking aside all the pirate revolution, Combat, Outlaw from now, was much more complex, but not to the overwhelming point. After Between the Eyes ground change, and other tweaks in SL, the spec has become even more complex. Now, I can’t make an Outlaw build which wouldn’t force me to keep track of at least couple of cooldowns, and pressing the right buttons on the right time to maintain proper dps level. Outlaw in a sense became rogue’s substitute of hunter’s survival. And THAT is boring. And unfun.

1 Like

You are correct in this, but it goes beyond, Slice and Dice is very old school and I think it’s not emphasized enough why.

In earlier versions of the game an auto attack weighted a lot more, anyone can download any version of Classic and try it out (altough this shows better with a leveled character, at least level 15-20), I personally played back then and recently up to level 70 in WotLK Classic pre-patch as a Combat Rogue.

In comparison, an auto attack does less than 0.5% of your character’s HP in damage in the later versions of WoW, but in the earlier versions an auto attack could do 5% of your character’s HP or more and critical hits hit harder than some abilities. Also rogue poisons were much more powerful, hitting like auto attacks or more on a 20% proc rate, and now they deal four times halved less than an auto attack on 30% proc rate.

World of Warcraft is a very different game now, now we just use abilities much more to deal damage than auto attacks and lots of damage from auto attacks were moved into abilities.

Altough since Shadowlands they made auto attacks do more because in Legion and BfA it was ridiculously low, note we had Slice and Dice as an option to replace Roll the Bones in those expansions as a +125% attack speed buff and it underperformed on both expansions, and then it was made into +50% attack speed buff in Shadowlands and Dragonflight and in this two later expansions auto attacks altough do more damage than in Legion their weight of importance overall is extremely small than in previous iterations (Before Legion).

In short; Slice and Dice is an obsolete ability only retrieved in an attempt to bring back some of the class fantasy (RPG) that they removed over the years, while being brought in an environment where such an ability can only act in a parasitic way because classes are much more different than before.

Literally all that Slice and Dice does can be stuffed back into the class. Damage from extra auto attacks from attack speed spread into abilities, proc rates increased, etc…

And what do we get in exchange? Less button bloat and less maintenance buffs, and we really need less of those two things as 10.1 tier set for Outlaw rogues also add even another maintenance buff on top of that that lasts less than the debuff of the ability that also triggers it.

So yeah, it’s not only “old school”, it’s pretty damn obsolete in the modern grand scheme of things.

2 Likes

SnD is a problem for the whole Class. I maintain, that the biggest issue with it has to do with feedback. You don’t feel anything, when you press it. It’s just there to maintain, or you suck. We already know, that everything it provides mechanically could be achieved by other means.

At this point, it is just a redundant ability, and unnecessary button bloat.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree, and I feel like I haven’t emphasized enough that if auto attacks were like before Legion Slice and Dice would feel much better, I totally agree, auto attacks don’t feel like attacks KEK.

1 Like

You’re wasting your breath at this point asking for much changes I think. Just thank your stars that sub rogue hasn’t been nerfed into the ground because I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s coming soon.