Do you think Cross-Faction RP (Tongues Elixir) has bettered AD?

I meant to say besides markets and PvP campaigns, as in there hasn’t been a massive Argent guild or neutral merc guild etc.

Light Watch Order is pretty big I believe, has a Horde and Alliance side guild + has hosted (public) events and campaigns

2 Likes

People have shifted over to emotes for the most part, actually.

1 Like

Okay!! You have me admitting my faults!! I was wrong!! I will be donating any further profits from my post to Argent Dawn Cross Faction projects

3 Likes

If you set it up you absolutely can, but the majority of RP-PvP is handled with emotes now so there isn’t much interest. You can’t exactly join an emote battle and then not emote.

1 Like

Most of what has kept me interested in RP has been because of this in the last few years. I could trawl the old forum archives for more, but without this, and the precursor form of CrossRP, I know many people wouldn’t be playing.

Illidari guilds can exist cross-faction, Argent guilds exist, Dalaran has a thriving, regular RP community, Booty Bay can also have the sensible cross-faction pirate theme. There’s really nothing negative this gave in my opinion.

Some ongoing/upcoming examples of what couldn’t exist in the form they do (or at all) without them as well.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s made things better, but let’s not get it twisted - CrossRP was fine outside of being able to be used in a way that Blizzard didn’t want it to be used, and if Elixir of Tongues hadn’t been sitting in the games code since vanilla I doubt Blizzard would’ve bothered to create an alternative solution, and just broken our toy and walked off. The only reason we have it is because it was win-win for Blizzard with absolutely zero effort beyond slapping it onto a vendor and calling it a day.

1 Like

You meant to say besides emote driven campaigns with dynamic factions, it is not (just) PvP

Edit: EO is a massive Horde and Alliance guild as well, they have to up to 30 online from both factions

6 Likes

Am I a joke to you?

4 Likes

The best thing since sliced bread

You’re a dk, so yes.

Pot and kettle fantastic Mr fox

I’m a big supporter of this item.
When it came out it was a huge sigh of relief ‘’looks like Blizzard cares about us after all, the roleplay community that is’’ because they, correct me if I’m wrong, at the time had issues with an addon who did just the same.

It makes it special that it comes from Blizzard themselves, a much needed handout after years of working around the system to… well… have tea with your alliance friend.
As a player I felt appreciated.

It enables people to unproblematically interact across factions, it makes complete sense in a roleplay context. The world is not all black and white even if some may wish it so, just look at the interaction between NPC’s

The point is that it’s nothing new, people have wanted this for years and at last we got it.
It was rewarding. I recall the community flourishing, and it’s still going!

The potion opens many doors.
I do understand some may enjoy faction wars, however it seems to be a thing of the past.

Some call it a blessing and I agree with that.

*Remember to be kind

2 Likes

It’s done good enough to keep it in and is used enough to consider it a success
For those who believe it’ll be detrimental to their community, they can choose not to use it

1 Like

Thats a female!

And the potion and all other Cross RP related stuff has made RP much more dynamic and available.

1 Like

I’ll be real. I straight up can’t see the difference between male and female vulpera unless I zoom in on them.

9 Likes

I am not bothered by it. WoW’s races usually have absurd degrees of dimorphism. Vulpera are a breath of fresh air.

I don’t play them but I find that I can tell them apart quite easily now (especially based on the ear size, cheek bones, etc).

4 Likes

I have the same issue and I turned it into an IC thing. Sax regularly confuses male vulpera for female and vice versa. They look too similar, smell too similar.

He can’t tell the difference at all without getting right up in their grill.

Elixir of Tongues made things quite easier and nicer. I myself both do conflict-based Roleplay between factions as well as things which are otherwise or casual.

For both cases it helped well, even though I too miss the actual RP PvP times.

That´s all nice, but then you end up fighting vulpera that wears a big hat and you realize it´s a guy only after an hour of combat.

Shadowlands races too, even if I can’t tell the Kyrian apart very well. It’s nice we’ve come far from the ridiculousness of male vs. female draenei. Every non-WoW person I’ve shown them to have thought the females were a separate race of tieflings.

3 Likes