[Mage-RP] Dalaran Magic Faire #5 [3th-7th January]

https://www.argentarchives.org/node/248550

The Dalaran Magic Faire is a server-wide social event for mages of both factions. It will be evenings of socializing, stocking up on your favoutire reagents, and learning, to take place between the 3th and 7th of January!

Date: 3-7th of January
Time: 20.00-
Faction: Neutral

Brief summary of the schedule

3rd of January:
Parade of Magic
Market
Lectures & Seminars

4th of January:
Market
Lectures & Seminars

5th of January:
Aewynn’s Enigmatic Wizard Tourney

6th of January:
The Great Conjurer’s Cook-off
Lectures and Seminars

7th of January:
The Feast of Scribes

3rd of January

20.00 Welcome Ceremony
Kelly Jendrock, hostess of the Dalaran Magic Faire, will formally open the five day extravaganza at the eighth bell - to be immediately followed by the Parade of Magic.

20.10 Parade of Magic
To start off the fifth Dalaran Magic Faire there will be a parade to celebrate all things magic. The parade will be marching throughout the city of Dalaran! Got some old dusty ceremonial robes that don’t get to see the light of day? Or perhaps a magical pet or familiar that you’d like to showcase? A mount with sparkly, fabulous, enchanted armour? Now’s the time to show everyone!

OOC info

The Parade of Magic is a fun little event to start off the entire faire. In essence, it’s an excuse to show off any magical transmog/pet/mount/toy that your character has. A word of caution however, stay true to what’s reasonable and what your character does indeed possess IC. We don’t want someone riding a blue dragon IC or whatever.

20.30 Magus Commerce Exchange Market
Directly following the Parade, the Dalaran Magic Faire trademark market for magical goods will begin in the Magus Commerce Exchange.

Lectures and Seminars

20.40 - 21.25 Basic Principles of Defence against Magic
By Simetra Shadowshot and Astran Dawnhaven

21.30 - 22.00 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: A Seminar
By Aurosen Colt

4th of January

20.00 Opening and Announcements

Lectures and Seminars

20.10 - 20.40 The Theory of Magic … or so we think
Presented by House Dayton

20.50 - 21.20 What Works For You
By Archmage Zyretha Snowdawn

21.30 - 22.00 The Dangers of the Arcane
Presented by the esteemed Academy of Magical Arts!

20.10- Magus Commerce Exchange Market
Throughout all of the second day of the faire, the market will continue to run parallell to the lectures and seminars. It’s time to browse and fill your pockets with magical goods!

5th of January

20.10 Aegwynn’s Enigmatic Wizard Tourney
Hosted in the depths of Aegwynn’s Gallery, participants of the Aegwynn Puzzle Tourney - or Aegwynn’s Enigmatic Wizard Tourney - will be put through trials that require tremendous wit, will and wisdom. Guardian Aegwynn was perhaps one of the most clever mages this world has ever seen, countering the Legion’s wicked schemes at every turn. In her honor, Kelly Jendrock and Archmage Zyretha Snowdawn will administer the trials - to find out who is the Kirin Tor’s smartest.

OOC info

The Aegwynn Puzzle Tourney is, shockingly, a puzzle, riddle and spellcasting tournament - where your brains will be put to the test. Sign-ups are not needed. The puzzles have been designed so that participant size does not affect the amount of time it takes - and they are also hand-crated. No amount of googling will help you here.

6th of January

20.10 The Great Conjurer’s Cook-off
The Conjurer’s Cook-off is a contest for the most prestigeious and skilled food conjurers in the world. Hosted by the incredible Cassandra Hawk! In this contest, magi will be tasked to prepare food in accordance with themes provided to them on the spot. The twist is that the magi are not allowed to bring any food or drink ingredients to the contest. Instead, everything must be conjured on the spot. These conjured ingredients must then be combined into meals that suit the given themes, only to be judged by a selected jury. The contestants will, however, be provided with a table, a wide variety of cutlery and tools as well as a stove with an oven.

OOC info

Sign-ups needed, contact Kelly, Cassandra or Zyretha to sign up. While your characters will recieve the instructions on the spot, role players will recieve them four days prior to the contest. This will offer you some time to think and research about what kind of ingredients, food and drink the WoW universe may offer that suits the theme. During the event, each participant will be judged based on their emotes and creativity mainly. For each food and drink item produced, contestants will get a maximum of two chat paragraphs to describe the appearance of the items and an additional maximum of two paragraphs to describe the smell, texture and taste. Hence, a total of four paragraphs per item. Each contestant will be asked to prepare one main course meal, one drink and one desert. All three may have different themes. The judges will award points to each contestant based on the criteria and the contestant with the most points win! Keep in mind, that there will be quite some time between the start of the event and the time of judging. During this time, you are free to emote your magic and cooking to your hearts content. The more RP the better!

1st place:
OOC reward: 10k gold
IC reward: The Enchanted Elementium Spatchula of Dalaran (Highly potent Conjuration amplifier wand), the official title of Archchef of Azeroth, A basket of rare spices of Azeroth and a publishing deal for a food conjuration book.

2nd place:
OOC reward: 1k gold
IC reward: A basket of rare spices of Azeroth and a publishing deal for a food conjuration book.

Participation reward: A basket of rare spices of Azeroth

Lectures and Seminars

20.10 - 20.50 Research Compilation: Chronoscrying and Time Methodology
By the Kirin Tor Intelligence - presented by Charles Magnussen.

20.50 - 21.30 Wisdom Weaving
Presented by the Azmira of the Astral Order!

21.30 - 22.00 The Arcane Mysteries Unveiled: A Lecture upon the Recondite Realms of Reality
By the Seer. This brief lecture of the often perplexing cosmic force known colloqually as the Arcane, aims to not only answer a precious few questions regarding the force as a whole; but to take a deeper dive into the remarkable and obscure realms of the cosmos.

7th of January

20.00 The Feast of Scribes
For the first time, the distinguished celebration of the Feast of Scribes coincides with the Dalaran Magic Fare! It is not uncommon for Magi of the Kirin Tor to schedule their publications to come out around the Feast - all for a chance to be spotlighted during the ceremony. During the evening, the most renowned authors and publishers of Dalaran congregate to celebrate their literary achievements. Authors will be given a chance to speak about their recently published books, articles, theories or other publications - meanwhile the crowd can indulge in some of the finest catering and musical performances Dalaran has to offer.

Always with a dress code, the theme for this year’s feast is: Magical Minimalism. Roll out the red carpet!
[Editor’s note]: The Kirin Tor would like to clarify that the dress code refers to the art style of minimalism, not coming scandily clad. This can for example mean simple structured but chic garments, clean colours, materials or details.

OOC info

The Feast of Scribes is a canon Kirin Tor celebration mentioned in the Last Guardian novel. I have carefully fleshed out its content with reverence, and thus, The Feast of Scribes is a hybrid social and literature event. How this will work is people can contact me to let me know they are interested. They will then be required to post an AA publication ahead of the evening of the Feast of Scribes, where they will then be assigned a speaking slot throughout the evening to pitch their publication, and their other work. It’s truly an event for those of us who are big on creating on AA - mixed with a big social event. Sign-ups are naturally needed to “enter” the literature part of the event.

Schedule:
20.00 Opening Speech & Menu Presentation
20.10 Cassandra Hawk
20.30 Poetry Performance by Lundra Moltenforge
21.00 Eronise Ren’thas
21.20 Musical Performance by The Fablewind Faire
22.00 Acheleus Moonblaze
22.20 Kelly Jendrock
22.40 Fireworks Show

The event is open for changes and suggestions. If you would like to sign up for the market, comment on the forums or reach out to me in-game (KĂŞlly). I will continuously update this post with more details over time. This server-wide event is being done every 5 months to promote the AD Mage RP Discord server in an attempt to make the mage RP community more tightly knit. Please check the AA event link at the very top for some snazzy edited pics. Hope to see you there!

17 Likes

Looking forward to this one! Hope to meet and see many people there!

2 Likes

Thanks to great interest from the community - the faire has been extended with another day! I guess it’s the Dalaran Magic Week now. A new preliminary schedule has been updated (above)!

1 Like

Are non-mages allowed to attend?

2 Likes

Of course! Dalaran is open to (mostly) everyone! The faire only has a strong magic theme!

4 Likes

Hi all!

Super excited about this faire! FYI, I am Cassandra Hawk so absolutely feel free to contact me mainly about the cook-off. You can find me on the Mage Discord and of course in game on this toon (I do not play much at the moment, but I try to check my in game mail often enough).

I will also be keeping up with this post of course. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Only 2 weeks until the faire starts! Super excited for what we have in store!

1 Like

Giving this a boost because I’m vv excited for this! Especially the cooking contest…

4 Likes

The Faire is only 1 week away! Can’t wait to see you all there :mage:

1 Like

Looking forward to teaching, taking care of you all, and celebrating a new year!

4 Likes

Bloody mages!

No really, some are downright bloodthirsty. These are mostly thirsty for knowledge though.

3 Likes

Don’t forget wine! Very thirsty for wine…

1 Like

Hello!

Regarding the cook-off, we will have to close the sign-ups on the 4th of January. This means that following that date, we will be unlikely to be able to accept new sign-ups. This has to do with the fact that there is some organizing work that depends on the number of contestants. Therefore, it may be difficult to do after the 4th.

So far, we have no signed people so feel free to sign-up for an evening of creative RP around magic and food. :man_cook: :mage:

2 Likes

@Ghostpepper -

is this an opportunity to find some curious cooks as an onlooker? Since I’m still on the lookout for a cook for my magical inn.

I would not mind participating though I am not excellent at cooking! Can I send you a message on discord or ingame tomorrow? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Jeraiel!

I would say that it is a great oportunity to find a mage capable of cooking. Of course you are most welcome to compete as well. The only thing to keep in mind is that you need to be a mage and capable of conjuring food or ingredients for food, since none will be provided. :mage:

1 Like

The schedule has now been updated and finalized. Truly proud of what we have to present and the community for once again coming together to put on the most magical event on Azeroth. See you tomorrow! :mage:

2 Likes

Hi all!

So, for the cook-off I will now present the theme as promised. While you will see it now OOC, this is just so you can brainstorm a bit for the contest. Your characters will learn this theme on the spot. I have decided to use this theme for all of it.

This time, all three will go with one theme: A Romantic Dinner in Pandaria.

For this theme, your characters will prepare one main course, one drink and one dessert.

2 Likes

It’s time! The Faire begins over at Antonidas’ Memorial in 25 minutes!

2 Likes

Hope you all had fun tonight!

Magic Faire! Wooooo! Let’s go!

2 Likes

The first night was lovely, so many people!

3 Likes