Do you think Cross-Faction RP (Tongues Elixir) has bettered AD?

It’s done good enough to keep it in and is used enough to consider it a success
For those who believe it’ll be detrimental to their community, they can choose not to use it

1 Like

Thats a female!

And the potion and all other Cross RP related stuff has made RP much more dynamic and available.

1 Like

I’ll be real. I straight up can’t see the difference between male and female vulpera unless I zoom in on them.

9 Likes

I am not bothered by it. WoW’s races usually have absurd degrees of dimorphism. Vulpera are a breath of fresh air.

I don’t play them but I find that I can tell them apart quite easily now (especially based on the ear size, cheek bones, etc).

4 Likes

I have the same issue and I turned it into an IC thing. Sax regularly confuses male vulpera for female and vice versa. They look too similar, smell too similar.

He can’t tell the difference at all without getting right up in their grill.

Elixir of Tongues made things quite easier and nicer. I myself both do conflict-based Roleplay between factions as well as things which are otherwise or casual.

For both cases it helped well, even though I too miss the actual RP PvP times.

That´s all nice, but then you end up fighting vulpera that wears a big hat and you realize it´s a guy only after an hour of combat.

Shadowlands races too, even if I can’t tell the Kyrian apart very well. It’s nice we’ve come far from the ridiculousness of male vs. female draenei. Every non-WoW person I’ve shown them to have thought the females were a separate race of tieflings.

3 Likes

That’s just efficient - it means you can use your draenei art for a tiefling character and vice versa. Two character arts for the price of one!

1 Like

Ridiculous dimorphism isn’t smth bad when it comes to high fantasy man get real

6 Likes

This. I think the dimorphism is really good in WoW- Especially since it isn’t prevalent across all the races, just like IRL mammals, where sometimes the sexes look like completely different species (e.g. Elephant seals), sometimes they look a bit different but really the most defining difference is their size (e.g. Maneless lions, polar bears), and sometimes there is little to no difference (e.g. Wolverines). Males are also traditionally larger than their female counterparts.

All in all, it very accurately represents IRL morphology of mammal species too, where there is a mix of:

Races with a lot of dimorphism:
Trolls
Orcs
Tauren
Draenei
Worgen
Pandaren
Dwarves

Races with less/little dimorphism:
Gnomes
Humans
(all) elves
Goblins
Vulpera

It’s simple, the women are bigger + usually show more skin.

2 Likes

i think it greatly improved the RP.
Now this caravan can trade with both sides and meet some interesting new folk!
And also got the opportunity to buy some applepie in hearthglen <3

2 Likes

And also got the opportunity to buy some applepie in hearthglen <3

If they didn’t give you my apple-pies for free in Hearthglen, you were ripped off!

I have express orders that Applebury Apple-Pies are free for everyone!

The majority of organised RP I did this year would not happen if not for this potion, so I think it’s a great addition that really enrichened the stories we can tell.

1 Like

For Rp it has surely bettered the scene, so I agrree with most of the above posts. It is very useful for both fighting in RP PVE aswell as if one is more neutral if so as a bandit or a cenarion circle dweller.

You sure about that one, buddy? :bearded_person:

I don’t care what some boring know-nothing on Reddit thinks, the only server that actually makes use of cross faction chat knows how great it’s been

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Definitely improved.

Adios battle.net spamming

Hugely so. Though Blizzard giving us what was basically Cross RP but for gold is a scummy move I didn’t see many complain about.

Cross RP didn’t require gold to use.