Do you think Cross-Faction RP (Tongues Elixir) has bettered AD?

:eyes:

Secret Naruto hand technique how to not pay the full price for a potion:

step 1: get a goblin character to level 10
step 2: go to Dalaran
step 3: send your goblin character 1000 gold
step 4: head to the NPC that sells the potion
step 5: the goblin racial “best deals anywhere”
step 6: send the potion to whatever character you need it on
step 7: profit

Disclaimer: does only work on Horde.

What’s the discount on that, 10% ?

According to the WoWpedia… 20%.

Cheers. Though I still think it’s scummy of them that they turned it into a gold sink. I’m actually running out of gold on my Ally chars. :pensive:

Yeah, you’re right on that. It could be a simple toggle but I guess Blizzard doesn’t like the most simple solutions.

For that though… I would recommend running old raids whenever Blizzard decides to fix old scaling. Running most WoD raids on LFR/normal/HC/mythic (especially mythic) will give you a good amount of gold. 1 item drop in Hellfire Citadel mythic is 1 potion. Same for Blackrock Foundry.

The BfA emmisarry chests did give 2000 gold in the past when completing 4 world quests, if that is still a thing.

Because it costs basically nothing and is immensely superior to cross RP

If you play the game at even the most casual level it’ll never really even make a dent in your wallet

When it comes to gold making, covenant callings give a lot too. I sometimes did them if they aligned with my anima conductor stuff/they were the purple ones/the maw ones, and getting 2k out of it seems the norm. 3k if I get an epic I can disenchant.

I think it has. I don’t RP much at all on AD anymore these days but the few times I did recently were at big market events and such. Got a lot of use out of the Elixirs there. I think it would’ve sucked being unable to speak with Horde.

How exactly?

It’s supported in in-game mechanics and not an addon that breaks when blizzard release a major patch. CrossRP is fine, it’s useful, but blizzard supported systems will always be better.

3 Likes

Arano beat me to it. The quality of life is just vastly superior, and it’s 100% reliable in use. Unlike xrp which is still a cointoss to make crossraids work except the coin has to land on its side for you to win

2 Likes

Not to mention CrossRP just straight up breaking random parts of my game sometimes for no reason. I have to disable it and TRP3 if I ever want to get Ashbringer in Legion since one of the tooltips you click on to escape Balnazaar’s epic prank doesn’t work.

Light… grant me one final blessing… give me addon stability.

i still need to get them, Bob!
My caravan will set up a tradepost near hearthglenn in the future!
We would love to have them among our other “Flavours of Azeroth” Foods.

1 Like

Dew it >:D Just whisper Illithendra when she’s online :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As to the subject, yes, infinitely so.

At this point it makes no narrative sense to have our characters unable to interact with each other aside from canned emotes and killing each other and needing a potion to talk.

Adventurers from both factions have journeyed, fought, killed and died together. Taking down the Lich King, Deathwing, the Argus Campaign, The Iron Horde. I believe you can even queue PvP as a horde member as an alliance character nowadays?

At this point we have fought together more than we have fought each other.

Blizzard should make away with all faction division when not in War-mode, let us party up, invite each other to communities and channels at a bare minimum.

When in war-mode someone declares “For the Horde” or “For the Alliance”, pledging their allegiance to it and it makes sense to only be able to kill each other in that context.

At this point, it feels like Blizzard keeps the faction division there purely out of spite and fear of the vitriol of the community they fostered.

2 Likes

think they just keep it because it’s cool and a foundational pillar of WoW’s setting

1 Like

Is it a foundational pillar anymore though? World PVP without consent is gone. War exists only at certain parts in the story and we return to the uneasy cohabitation that is the status quo.

I’m not saying make away with factional divide entirely. But I would say keep it in Warmode, where our characters literally say their allegiance out loud and go on the war-path.

The very idea of “Hey, we’re gonna go invade Ny’alotha, where an old god stirs and tries to take over our world, turning it into a new black empire, where we’ll face unimaginable horrors and powers a mortal mind struggles to comprehend. Oh, you’re an Orc? Ew, nvm then.” is absurd to me.

Our character has no personality, story or opinions of their own. We choose who they are, what they believe and what they want. So being forced to go Alliance or Horde with no middle ground is silly!

The “warcraft” part of the narrative of the game is no longer about two factions being at war with each other. It’s about a planet being at constant war with existential threats with the occasional in-fighting.

I’m not saying guilds should be cross-faction and that the storyline about factions should disappear entirely, but being able to invite someone of a different faction to a party to go kill the god of death who is trying to wipe out the entire cosmos sounds entirely within reason (as long as you are not in war-mode)!

And whilst factions are cool in both a narrative and a gameplay perspective, the lack of choice, flexibility and middle ground is not cool.

3 Likes

it was never a thing to begin with

We literally just got out of a world war expansion though

But yeah, I never did get why dungeon and raid content isn’t just crossfac. Anything other than that though, I’m quite content with keeping very much divided.

wdym, horde got an option to join the Alliance during BfA :clown_face:

2 Likes

Well, I suppose it was a choice of joining a PvE server or a PvP server so… touche. Still, I feel war-mode is a lot more directly like “yes, now I want kill time”

Yes, and it ended with an existential threat that everyone had to join hands and sing kumbaya together to defeat whilst the “HEELER OF DA WOONZ” kamehameha’d.

And yes, all I want is the ability to communicate and party up cross-faction. The furthest I’d like to see them go is -maybe- cross-faction communities and channels.

HAHAH!

1 Like

ironically it’s mostly just “yes now i want faster levelling time”

I’d be v happy to see this crutch of blizz fall away honestly, every war it happens.

1 Like

Changing war mode from factional to free for all pvp would be pretty funny ngl.

2 Likes