Does Afterlives go dark/defunct? Random musings

I am fairly sure that there is no definitive answer to this question, but i thought it a curious notion anyway.

What happens with the non-maintainance focused afterlives(covenants) if the culture they are associated with simply dies out and no random souls ever get sent there anymore? Do they simply fade away, does its long content denizens slowly starve as no more souls are added?
Or does every Afterlife,…the infinite amount get some ‘wellfare anima’ to keep running on a low bandwith setting?

For example if no more then the oldest of living orcs live who still believes they go to that great hunt which Durotan might have ended up in. Thrall essentially doing a neo-paganesque reconstruction of Orcish pre-corruption culture, it might end up differently. Will that afterlife slowly wither away with its inhabitants.

Does Oribos have like a forum reset, cleaning out old threads, if no one has been writing in them for 20 hours?

My thoughts where since there is an infinite amount of afterlives, but in the universe a finite amount of souls, there must exist some redudancy with no longer popular afterlives, either fading away or lagging hard due to wellfare anima.

1 Like

Theese other afterlifes that are not of 4 main ones we see in game might exist in alternate realities where jailer never got free, or where he was never corrupted, so no anima drought, or they have some systems in place that generate anima with designated overseer of that realm, this was created by first ones after all incredibly advanced/practicaly divine beings, look at the technology titans created and imagine what firsts ones are capable of.

1 Like

Yes the Titans and their mirror images(or maybe the first ones where the first titans to die) sure had advanced technology, but so far it seems that the big soul funnel through Oribos is the sole source of Anima.

It is of course possible that the afterlives created by mortal culture/religion was the natural state of the afterlives and that the covenants are artifical after-constructions to prevent powerful and evil souls from turning random afterlives into literal hell.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.