Does anyone even enjoy playing Feral? (pvp)

Oh you did and I am not the only one is annoyed by your gatekeeping.
I hope this time you just keep your toxcity to yourself.
I remember very clearly when people gave feedback about the class and spec tree and how it was awful and you replies to those feedback were toxic… now what happened? druid in general got the worst class tree and feral is the one most punished by the tree and we even got a quasi spec tree rework later on.
Problem is for you anyone who is not playing exactly like you must be dumb and you must troll their feedback and honestly this is the same stupid thinking that got feral to where it is because before you there were many dreamgrove discord channel gatekeepers who were very toxic to anyone who suggested any slightly different opinion… I remember those guys were crying how removing Savage Roar

4 Likes

yep, its the sole reason why i reacted sharply to him aswell.
I can 100% confirm this and much more.

1 Like

Talking about soloshuffle. Yeah reduce dampening and make managing mana matter for healers or make dampening only reduce the healers healing. Feral already has bad survivability and low HPS and with every second in SS like 90% of your survivability gets weaker.

Classes with DMG reduction, immunity, ways to reset like rogues dont care much about dampening, but hybrids and any class that relies on self healing to survive just gets weaker and weaker with dampening and you end up with defensive CDs that do nothing.

Look at feral, your main ways to survive are -

• Bear + regen killed by dampening
  • Renewal killed by dampening
  • Regrowth instants or casts killed by dampening
  • Protector killed by dampening
  • Heart killed by dampening
  • Talents that increase healing taken killed by dampening
  • Well honed instincts killed by dampening
  • Barkskin absorb killed by dampening
  • Swiftmend killed by dampening
  • Nature Vigil killed by dampening
  • Verdant killed by dampening
  • Leader of the pack killed by dampening
  • Strength of the Wild killed by dampening
  • King of the Jungle killed by dampening
  • Rejuv baseline heals for nothing, but dampening kills it even more

You gotta use all of these in the opener or you end up with a whole kit that does nothing after a minute of the game.

Now look at rogue which has CDs that will save you no matter what the dampening is.

6 Likes

I did? Quote me, please.

Again, quote me please. Where did I say people who don’t play exactly like me (presumably you mean pvpers) are ‘dumb’?

What I actually remember writing in the beta forum is that pve players can’t have exactly what they want at the expense of people who enjoy pvp. There has to be compromise. I had a few pve players accusing me of toxicity back then because I didn’t support them when what they wanted would hurt you guys. It’s funny how someone who doesn’t take a side is always assumed to be on the ‘other’ side.

Frenzied Regen gimp reverted in patch notes, feral bros are we back or not?

I really don’t think so, Feral has way more problems than Regen not healing, but at least now Well honed proc and HotW will be actually good early. The problem is that in dampening all of our survivability is still gone. Not only do we have low survivability baseline, but dampening makes it worse with every second.

1 Like

no, wont change much, it´s still affected by dampening, and feral is still squischy in normal cat, wall still 3 min cd, the list is endless

i mean we take the buff, but it´s not enough, and wont change the meta, mby next xpac looks better.

1 Like

If you ask me if I enjoy feral I have to say yes. Im not gonna defend the spec by saying it is good. But I like the damage it pumps and the hybrid playstyle it brings.

Im currently playing a single target build with big bites and I am mostly playing 2s with some Irl buddies who arent great at the game at all. Yet I do like the spec.

Thing I dislike the most is spamming clones. For this reason im not even gonna play 3s or Solo Shuffle

Clone should be back on the swiftness proc with a cooldown

4 Likes

Can already hear the outcry from the community if this happens

1 Like

2s is pretty ok if you know how to setup convokes :smiley:
The problem is soloshuffle, it’s basically all I play as PvP and if you dont got a team that will help you do setups or say kite you’ll never get a single Cyclone cast off.

Yeah I feel you. The way feral works right now makes me already focus on cloning a lot. For that reason im not even gonna try 3s or solo shuffle.

Strength to you that you do

I recently(Dezember) started playing feral. I like it more than my lock(demo).

But what bothers me the most, why does moonkin have more armor dem cat form? What the hell are they smoking?

In shuffle i tent to try cyclone to often, i need to focus more around spreading those bleeds.

Feral has always been the king of WPvP. But yeah at launch when Regrowth healing was near non existing, I was forced to learn Boomkin instead. :sweat_smile:

I don’t regret it though, seeing that boomkin really has grown on me, and now makes other class specs seem underwhelming… Which is funny, because when I initially started using Boomkin, THAT felt underwhelming, and like hitting things with a wet noodle. :joy: It doesn’t anymore though. :slightly_smiling_face: Now I feel like I’m melting people, while having endless CC available.

I decided to try Feral again after a while because I absolutely hate the clone spam gameplay and oh boy…
I got to 2k SS which put me at like top 150 EU which is crazy and shows you how ignored and niche the spec is??
But even though I never play anyother class seriously until this xpac and Feral was my most favorite spec I find myself forcing myself to queue and every game is a train wreck of a stress like really not fun at all being a squishy melee that also needs to cast a medium length cast to be remotely viable… honestly I have never seen such a bad design in any game and the one who got the idea should never work on a video game anymore.
Feral being already very squishy and easy to kill and then you tie its dmg to cyclone its like saying to everyone else with a big red word “target this” because its easy to kill but also dangerous if left alone.
Our defensives are the worst even worse than cloth ranged specs even vs double melee everyone else has better chanches than us and then if you face ranged its eveb harder to clone now imagine playing vs ele rshaman and mage and try to cast one single clone…
Oh and it seems every spec has some sort of immunity now and we are just left behind as usual.

Honestly long term Feral player this xpac I tried other specs for the first time newäxt spec if I decide to play Im not touching this spec anymore because every xpac we get dumpstered just because of an imaginary hybrid playstyle…

2 Likes

Dont enjoy as much as used too, we are master shapeshifters and can turn into a freaking giant werebear that deals 0 dmg for feral, also cat form is squishier than any other class.
Button bloat is there, and sometimes mistakes are paid dearly, specially in pvp, but im sure druid is a complex class always, its just, you have to go balance or resto for anything to get good ratings, unless you are a very skilled feral druid player, but then you would fare better with other class/specs.

this is the main problem with feral atm

1 Like

No

I wont a build for PvP without Incarnation or Berserker and no clone spam

Impossible

One problem are the modifiers in the game, there are to much of them. For all classes, when I sometimes look in details about damage number’s. I can read Ferocious Bite normal highest hit 240k and highest crit 190k, everyone should know that there is something wrong. This also happens with other skills.

Blizzard should fix this first, a crit should always be higher than a normal hit.

The problem in arenas is that Cyclone IS the spec…balance/feral is just if u want to add some ranged or melee fluff to that Cyclone.

It would require a huge rework for both feral and balance to function in arenas without Cyclone and i doubt devs are able to do that…they cant even get druid class talent tree out of beta after 2 years ^^