Does it get Any better?

So…i am struggling to see why anyone would play priest as anything else than the clearly broken discipline. I’ve tried leveling and pvping as shadow but found it to be a clunky mess with low damage, far too many abilities that needed to be casted with a cast or channel time… Is there Any reason to play priest??
I also wish they did away with the whole insanity mechanic…doesn’t feel fun at all… D:

Does it ever get better…and is there truely no way to play priest without the damn “insanity mechanic”?

From pvp perspective:

Shadow is very strong and fast enough paced atm. Strong damage and survivability.

Disc is very bad atm (only because of low mana regen or high mana cost of spells).

Holy is good if you get peels, and enjoy fake casting.

What i’m experiencing: Low damage, next to no mobility, easily interrupted, brings very little to the group aside from “fortitude”?

Not really sure what type of answer you are looking for. Levelling is often a poor representation of anything as scaling is all over the place and all balancing is focused around max level.

Priest is great fun and most certainly worthwhile to play.

Leveling is a mess. Get to 120 asap it will get better. Low mobility- yes , Low damage - nope if u get to cast, 1interrupt = u cant do anything -yes, Poor defensives - 1v1 and 2v2 yes, other than that no.

What brings priest to the group. In dungeons not very much aside high damage. In PvP especualy bg? Insane aoe rot pressure lot of cc and psyfiend :slight_smile: .

Shadow can be pretty fun in PvP and PvE, especially when were able to put up split pressure(multi dotting). We deal very good dps in AoE too, however I won’t say our AoE rotation are super fun to play(grows old very quickly if we put it that way). Insanity will feel better once you start to get more haste, some azerite traits etc.

Once you got enought crit(with the correct traots) you basicly use your void eruption and go back into voidform almost immediately after your voidform fades. Then It’s acctually very playable I will say…

Holy and Disc, well in raids I really enjoy playing both specs. but since the disc nerf and tbh mana nerf in general I really don’t like PvP healing at all as priest. First reaasons simple; Any other healer does it better… second reason; No self peel and no longer tanky enought.

For Dungeons, well both holy and disc works for dungeon healing… however regardless how much you try to polish a turd, priest are the weakest healer I’ve played so far in higher dungeon content.

So I’d recommend priest if you like; Sustained PvP dmg and decent survivability, great PvE dmg once you reach endgame and raid healing. Because in all oher areas I whould say “roll anything else or have low/mediocre expectations”.

What context do you mean? Posts like this are confusing because you appear to damn the class entirely, but it seems like you’re only talking about PvP, which is not the entirety of the game by any stretch.

As others have said, levelling is a bad indicator for balance. Most healing specs are vastly overturned whilst levelling. For example resto shaman deal significantly more damage than elemental until much higher level due to the high base damage of their spells. This doesn’t mean resto is better at dps than ele at endgame. I find it strange how you’d conclude shadow is weak from levelling though, shadow is extremely quick to level with so long as you manage insanity accordingly. Probably one of the better levelling specs in the game imo as the aoe damage is very strong.

Regarding disc and holy, they are both viable for endgame healing. Priests are extremely strong raid healers and have powerful, efficient throughput. In mythic both specs are viable up to high keys and more than capable of doing 10+ keys.

People will naysay over priests in mythic+ because of their lack of utility compared to say druids or monks. Fact is this isn’t really relevant unless you’re aiming for extremely high keys with aims for a 3 chest run. This is a very niche portion of the player base whom will tend to min max, so dismissing classes as viable because they don’t fit into this cliche is over dramatic. Fact remains if we take that line of thinking, only two tanks are “viable” and a small handful of dps classes because these kinds of group only take certain setups in their groups to cheese timers and other mechanics.

If a class can perform in mythic raiding and 10-12 keys then imo it is viable because beyond this it is just moving beyond endgame and into competition/e sports. Higher keys than this don’t award better gear, so being able to do them doesn’t mean you get further ahead in terms of ilevel.

Sadly way too many players use these groups as their baseline for viability, similar to the people who use mythic World firsts to determine whether a class is “garbage” or not depending on whether minmaxguild01 took them into their raid. Again, extremely niche portion of the game and player base and in no way suggests whether a class can do the content or not literally, but more how simple it may be.

I would say the priests only stand out weakness is holy in PvP. Disc is weaker than it was, but far from useless. Different classes require different support from team mates to maximise their potential. The idea that all healers should be able to get away with the same kind of comp is attempting to simplify the issue in a disengenious fashion.

1 Like

shadow priest are good now , i am playing as my main , but you need specific gear to do dmg , and for the m+ raid , we have purge dispels etc

in my opinion we are top tier class at the moment ( top 5 )

You should be able to top the damage meters in RBGS by pretty much just focusing on keeping up dots

Shadow is decieving, it seems like your not doing much damage when you are. Just keep your DoTs active on all targets. Shadow is great in PvP because it’s utility is so strong. Phsyc Terror, Scream, MC, Void Shift, and defensively were not too bad either.

white noise

1 Like

Depends on what do you want from priest
Holy is the best raid healer atm, disc and sp are good in mythic+ and raids too
I’d argue priest nowadays is one of the best classes in pve cause all 3 specs are playable and perfrom really well

I disagree, we are good in PvE, because of AoE, but terrible feel to play. Just is not fun, we are bad in single target.

About top guilds, sorry but they are played by skillful players and if some class is not represented there, it seems, it’s just bad. For example previous expansion, top guilds miss the shadow priest, not single one, this means, that class can’t perform better, than any other.

Now we have easy fix to attention, because of AoE, but still terrible feel to play. Which is not good, so if want ranged go for mage or lock or hunter, they are strong. I am lazy, but if have time will switch priest for this expansion.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.