Does the Light abandon a Paladin if he refuses to use it for along period of time?

Hello everyone. I am still rather new to the RP aspect of WoW. As a class, the Paladin is a whole lot of fun to me and I would like to use my potential RP character for non RP activities as well.
My question regarding the Light is the following: if a paladin doesn’t use the Light for a prolonged period of time, either because he needs to be incognito, or he refuses to do so because of personal reasons, would the Light abandon the Paladin eventually?
And would this be different depending on which order? Aka a paladin of the Silver Hand would be effected differently than a Blood Knight.

I might not be a paladin lore expert, but I doubt this is a thing. One could lose their faith in the Light and therefore struggle to channel it, but… I do not think simply not casting the magic for a little while could do it to anyone.

I am no paladin expert aswell but to my understanding (and after asking around) the light does not abandon just because you dont use it for a long periods of time, or even at all. The light chooses who can channel it, it does not mean they HAVE to.

The Light is it’s own entity almost, you won’t lose it unless it leaves you which is not your choice anyway.

1 Like

I am a Paladin expert.

No, as long as you maintain your personal faith and belief, the Light does not leave you. It’s also not an autonomous entity, and does not come and go as it wills, it’s more of a force that passively exerts it’s ideals, acting through champions.

However, the blessings a paladin receives when anointed can fade, and may need renewal.

8 Likes

Thanks to everyone that took the time to give their input, all of your answers have been helpful.

From what I understand the Light is accessible either through faith OR force of will, so long as the paladin has a strong will or feels that his own actions are just, the light will answer, from what I understand, both are not needed, either is fine

It is not a living form of energy in the sense that actively judges you wether you’re worthy to cast Judgment everytime you press the hotkey

Going by Chronicles I would sooner describe it as a default state of existance (where-as the void is an anomaly and the clashing of this default state and anomaly created everything else in creation) so idk the collective unconcious of the universe? if you want to get real deep.

It is…kind of a source of power, The Light isn’t ‘God’, it isn’t an entity that has a conscious thought process. As horrible as what the Blood Elves did was, it does tell us something. “You don’t have to be good, to wield the Light” You need dedication, self belief that you -can- wield such power. the Light doesn’t judge. I mean Arthas used the Light, after going bad, Sir Zeliek uses the Light, as an Undead one of the four Horsemen! The entire Blood Knight order used the Light, despite ripping it from a Naaru, and not praying and meditating (Which they were perfectly able to do, having been Priests and Paladins before the Fall of Quel’thalas! Yes, there were High Elf Paladins, Mehlar Dawnblade is one)

If ‘The Light’ is useable by such dire sinners as Blood Knights, and the -Undead- then I find it highly unlikely it would (assuming it is a sentient being) withdraw its power from an otherwise pious person who simply has not needed to call upon it for a while.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.