Don't merge realms of different languages!

This is very probable but the thing is that Aggra is the official Portuguese realm and has been since its creation. The official language of Aggra is Portuguese as is its support. It’s the equivalent of connecting an English & a French realm or a Spanish & a German realm.

5 Likes

The specific language servers should not be mixed. EVER!

There’s a reason these bubbles were created, if those aren’t sustainable: tough luck.

12 Likes

Spent 30mins there and trade and general chats quiet .The only speaking was in English and for guilds only 1 advert for boost .
I looked at guild finder aswell most are english speaking and it feels just like any other server with scandivian guilds aswell there i really can not see a problem espcially this late in wow life .
I know its not a true reflection as only 30mins at peak time but give it a look yourself before smashing the idea .

1 Like

But then they wouldn’t have connected it with Grim Batol all those years back, it would be an extremely tiny realm if it weren’t connected. if I remember the correctly the only reason that realm was made was because blizzard made the Brazilian client for US servers and wanted to bring it to EU, and created the realm for people to play in the client and get support on the language, but there are many other servers on the realm list as well that are officially English yet are the unofficial server for whatever language.

They didn’t even do the same for US servers however, US-Zul’jin has kinda become the unofficial Quebecois server, but there is no official French client support in US, and it probably wouldn’t be sustainable as a server if it were only for French speakers.

1 Like

Little OT, but what amazes me is how when people link items from a different Client it isn’t displayed in the language of the player’s client… i.e. - I’m on an English Client yet someone linking an item from the French Client shows up as French to me…

Like… come on Blizzard.

But wcr data is not very reliable lately, you said so yourself.

According to raider io and wow progress I just don’t see how grim batol would have so many more people than frostmane, it doesn’t look realistic, unfortunately I’m short on slots and don’t play there myself.

That being said though, wow progress numbers (which aren’t updated ofc) state grim batol as being 1,5 the size of frostmane, but when I go look into the guilds, it looks like it’s actually 2,5x the amount frostmane has, if that is true your numbers make a lot more sense, guild section is obviously updated.

1 Like

Yeah no there is no excuse to merge servers of different languages , this should be undone if already done or cancelled if planned in the future. Servers with different languages are a no-no.

4 Likes

OP you are right but there is no point for you to keep posting here. The forum is a place for hardcore fanboys who will stop at nothing and literally spend all of their worthless time to argue with you simply because they want to defend their favourite game.
I recommend you already start rerolling or just get a transfer. Blizzard wins either way and they will always win. Blizzard is famous for enforcing their own will and ignoring your wishes. Don’t you have a phone? So stop posting and get back to playing.

1 Like

You are so far off the mark as always with your pointless trash filled posts nobody is attacking the OP at all get a grip with your childish posts .
People are advising him and him being the level headed poster he is will do as he wants .
Nobody in this thread is defending blizzard so ive no idea what the hell you are on about take your toxic views elsewhere they are not wanted and stick to the topic .
Btw the OP runs a very good guild and full of tight nit players i suggest you check your background before advising such rot.

2 Likes

@Esploratore: The overall results are very limited, but that is why I specifically said CensusPlus scan results. If those differ a lot from what I expolarated from the WRP stats, I can try to recalculate based on old information patterns. I also wanted to inform Grobluk about the fact that I try to use multiple different sources, when possible.

@Thimli: Multilingual realms can and do exist even without connections and to other players, it is not very relevant, which support language a specific player uses. As an example, my Spanish is nothing great, but by using an English client, I can still play on Spanish realms. Also, you may have heard of places such as “Itakkar”, “Finnreaver” and “Swescale”. To have a significant non-English player base no connection is needed.

@Daestra: Indeed, Ishayoe has been around for a good while and will do as he sees best for himself.

2 Likes

Please DO merge all realms and force the universal language to be English. This is the future of everything in this world. FU nationalists, racists and all these categories of hate.

As a former Grim batol resident i tell u, all your worry is justified :laughing:
They spam their spannish everywhere and dosnt even know a single word english.
have fun

3 Likes

Ofc you are not trolling much are you …

4 Likes

There is quite the difference between having a bigger presence of certain nationalities on a server and a server that is designated as a specific language server.

I think on this one you are glossing over it too quickly. There is a reason language specific servers were made and it wasn’t just to offer support in that language.

3 Likes

Nope, atleast when i moved from that server it was the case.
this char is still on grim batol as u can see.

was a few years back tho, maybe it changed?

1 Like

I guess he read a bit of the OP and decided what the responses would be without going further.

And Daestra’s point zooms straight past you. What language do they speak in Portugal? (Hint: it’s not the same language as their neighbouring country).

4 Likes

@Shopkeeper: I do understand the point you are trying to make, but the fact remains that Aggra (Portuguese) / Grim Batol (English) has been a support hybrid for over 6 years… and Aggra was, if my memory serves, the significantly smaller partner in the connection those many years ago. And as I have noted, I very strongly believe the connection will get additional connection(s) so the language user ratios will likely change again.

I will try in a different format. Would the complete removal of Portuguese as a support language have a radical population reductive influence on Aggra? My estimate is no.

1 Like

lol ok then, it looked the same to me :upside_down_face:
makes sense when i think about it now, tuga spam was the name

They not speak Spanish they speak portable geese.

2 Likes

Right then, good morning! I’m back in action.

The reason I can confidently say that your numbers are way off is that our guild has 300 active characters (in the last month) alone and we’re just one out of 4 mythic guilds of similar size. This is not even taking account of the number of heroic or normal raiders or people who don’t raid at all.

I don’t need any census data whatsoever to prove that those numbers are way off. They’re at least twice that, maybe even 3 times that, which corresponds much better with the 2500 number for alliance and like 80 for horde I dug up (from where I do not remember), with Grim Batol and Aggra standing at around 5000 per faction.

I play on the server every day. I know it’s got more than 1000 for sure.

That’s great and all but since the merge was announced we’ve already received 5 applications, 2 of them in broken English and the rest in proper English, from Portuguese players, and 0 from people of any other nationality.

We rejected all of them because we’re full and they all had less experience, although we did find one of them to be very nice.

Limited data, I know. And it’s also biased in favour of Portuguese people who speak English as people who can’t wouldn’t even be able to submit an application.
But it seems pretty Portuguese to me so far.

I’ll try my chances. Better than not trying at all.

We are talking about a transfer. We were talking about one already because the Alliance is dying and people are fed up with it, and 3/4ths of the server’s guilds have migrated in the last 2 years, but this might just be what pushes us over the edge. We’ll see. It’s expensive so we’d like to avoid it, but… come on.

Ah, a globalist!

Tell me, what makes you think English and your culture would be dominant in a globalised world?

In our case we’re dealing with Portuguese potentially becoming the dominant language.

1 Like