Don't merge realms of different languages!

Portuguese people :thinking:

Yea, I found a memory related to them. Mythic Wrathion group, semi guild run. They sucked and I told them what people who die were doing wrong, people running around with 50 stack debuff, then one of them told me to shut up I guess, “I said of course” and left the group. Bruuh, you need me I don’t need you, they got stuck at wrath for hours and probably couldn’t kill it.

Yea, I don’t like them and interesting I interact with alot of people from a wide variety of nations I guess I dislike only Portuguese ones :thinking:

1 Like

They’re not known to be the most friendly bunch in this game that’s for sure , the fact MVP’s are defending this hell of a connection is actually comical , you just dont merge 2 servers with different languages , you just dont , there is no excuse. You wouldnt merge Draenor or Silvermoon with a german server now would you ?

Nonetheless for the people that got merged with the Portuguese , good luck to you.

6 Likes

Agreed, it is ridicilous. It is like merging Iran and USA out of the blue, people will have problems.

2 Likes

Try reading the whole thread.

Unless the wrong info has been broadcast, the merge isn’t happening until tomorrow night …

I actually didnt see yours and I’m sorry , I was talking about Trelw (Sorry if i’m butchering your name) which seem to completely agree with this connection and thinks its okay to connect servers with different languages

2 Likes

Excuse me, since the merge was announced. I’ll go and edit the reply.

Portuguese people are applying to our guild ahead of the servers even getting merged.

Wut?? They must be desperate …

Don’t worry, we’re used to people just seeing green and not actually noticing we sometimes don’t agree with each other :slight_smile: Basically we’re looking at it from 2 different directions - Trelw from the realm populations, me from the people playing on the realms.

2 Likes

Hell if I know. There are more Mythic raiding guilds on Aggra and Grim Batol than there are on Frostmane.

2 Likes

I mean Aggra is already connected to Grim Batol, which isn’t a Portuguese realm. There are probably not enough Portuguese players to have a realm of their own so they need other realms to compliment them.

Sure it sucks to be the one connected to a foreign language realm but if they have to connect someone to it the choice is never going to be easy.

So it’s okay to sacrifice the english speaking community for the sake of the portuguese community ?

2 Likes

Grim Batol was the largest Portuguese realm before Aggra became a thing. So while it was officially an English realm, it was pretty much all Portuguese people.

Then Blizzard created an actual Portuguese server and told everybody to migrate there, but they didn’t. Eventually they merged them.

So you’re right but also… not quite right.

Anyway, hi Rykranathon. Thank you for joining us.
Can you please pass the feedback on and come back with an update?

EDIT: @Ananda: We just got 2 more. x’D

It’s the lesser evil I suppose, considering there is only one Portuguese community.

If you ask me the bigger issue is that Frostmane would probably want to be connected to a more dominant Alliance realm considering their Alliance majority.

1 Like

We’ve worked out why.

Although it is a balanced realm, the Alliance side Portuguese players are far, far less skilled than the Horde side. Have a look at this:

2 Likes

@Several different posters: I am forced out to point this…

Burning Legion (very heavily Polish) connection confirmed.

Stormscale (Swedish / Nordic) very likely to get connected to something.

Drak’thul / Burning Blade (Czech / Slovak majority) very likely to get connected to something.

If the Hakkar group is still Italian majority, then that one as well…

And there are likely others. In short, in order for Blizzard to make connections there will have to be connections where the primary native language is not English and even the primary foreign language might be something else than English. I am sorry, if I am wrong, but I think quite a few Poles for example still study Russian, not English as their first foreign language. Same might apply to some other (mostly eastern) countries, etc.

2 Likes

One of, if not, the dumbest individual i have seen around here. And ive seen some :poop:

3 Likes

Yes, but as I posted further up, Aggra is an official Portuguese realm and isn’t an English realm which has primarily one nationality. It was created as such when the game was translated into Brazilian Portuguese and Portuguese support became a thing. Grim Batol hated the idea too … I don’t know if it’s improved.
But I don’t see how an official language realm can be connected with a different official language realm … eg an English realm with a French realm, German with Spanish etc …

3 Likes

@Ananda: My understanding has been that the language classification is more of (this language support available) rather than an official and absolute requirement to use that language only. English realms just happen to be the “catch all” for those who are not comfortable speaking French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian or Russian. Naturally, it is EASIER, if there is an actual common language. Also, regardless of what we think, Blizzard created a hybrid realm over six years ago.

Yes, they did … and I still think that was wrong though, to be honest, I’m not sure what they could actually do with Aggra.

Officially it isn’t though its designated as such in its name but officially, the server’s locale is set to “English” on the realm list…

For reference: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/status/eu

Well, it’s better than to force people pay up to transfer to other realms when the realm is almost dead.

1 Like